shape
carat
color
clarity

oval or round..new to ovals? Lost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gem39

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful ... crazy process of finding the right stone. I think I am driving my soon to be husband crazy...however..he is a great guy and keeps me grounded in finding the right one. So I thought I always wanted an ideal 1.6 ish 1.5 round with lots of fire no flourescence. I have done my reasearch..demensions all in place. And then the twist. I ask to see a round 1.7 diamond with a faint flourescene however he did not have the exact diamond but did have a faint OVAL. Ohh boy.... I have never seen an oval before... no reaserch on it..but it took my breath away. One little thing that at times I could see is the bowtie at times if I moved it a a certain angle but for the most part it was not there. Here are the specs:
oval brilliant
measuremnts: 9.54 x 6.96 x4.13mm
Carat weight: 1.74
Color Grade : E
Clarity Grade Si2 another shocker I have only been looking at vs1-2 and maybe si1

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Faint never wanted this either but it actually make it look whiter... just like my boyfriend said we should look for... ahhh

commnets: Twinnng wisps, internal graining, and surface graining are not shown

All this and boy what a classy diamond even with such low..well not so low marks. I have seen triple x,, ideal...and just did not do anything for me. I know the diamond has to speak to you... but my question is... ovals what are the general measurements to still have that sparkle. this one looks like snowflakes... I will try to post the picture..it does not do it justice as his finger got in the way. Should I see more ovals to get a better idea??? not sure what I am looking for with ovals? Any general ideas?
Thank you for your help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

Does the oval have a GIA report? It is hard to judge by measurements as you know, but if the oval really appealed to you then that is a good start, post the pics if you are able. I will post a chart you can use as a guide but don't get hung up on the numbers as these are guidelines only, otherwise you could miss out on some beautiful ovals you might love.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc3.asp

gem39

Rough_Rock
Yes it is GIA... boy I am new to this forum. How do you post to old threads? The picture is too big need to down size it... I will try to post it in a few...thank you for the information.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 9:59:34 AM
Author: gem39
Yes it is GIA... boy I am new to this forum. How do you post to old threads? The picture is too big need to down size it... I will try to post it in a few...thank you for the information.
Some of the older threads are locked after a certain amount of time if no one has used them, but you can tell if there is a reply box visible. If not then you can ask admin to unlock a particular thread.

If you want to post the pic to this thread, make the filename something unique and don''t use any unusual characters in that name. If this doesn''t work then email the image to admin who will post it for you.

gem39

Rough_Rock
how would I send it to admin? I see .. I think it was an old thread now that I look at it. What kind of stone do you have?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 10:13:04 AM
Author: gem39
how would I send it to admin? I see .. I think it was an old thread now that I look at it. What kind of stone do you have?
If you use the msg admin button top right, then they will be able to help you and give you instructions on how to send the image to them.

I wear a couple of round diamonds and a pear for rings.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the other side, gem39...to the world without RBs. Maybe you''re suffering from H&A fatigue after studying so many RBs. But diamonds in other shape can be as beautiful if not more than RBs. This particular oval obviously spoke to you and impressed you with its distinct personality. A poor oval usually have poor scintillation and suffers from adrk bow tie effect at various angles. Take your time, have a look around..the fun has just begun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results