shape
carat
color
clarity

Outer Banks? Where to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Poptart''s post made me want to create this post.
Our first anniversary is coming up this summer as well. We want to spend a week at the beach, and really want to take our darling dogs.
I''ve read that the beaches of the Outer Banks are very lovely as well as dog friendly. After searching online, I''ve found many dog friendly houses to rent. Now the question is: WHERE? I read somewhere that Kitty Hawk is not a dog friendly beach, so even though there are dog friendly houses there, it''s not where we want to be.
I also read that the town called Duck is very dog friendly.
Has anyone been, with or without pets? Is there an area you''d recommend over another? I''m getting very excited planning right now, but houses also are renting out as we speak (we''re going in the peak time... July...) We''d like to pick our area/house by the end of the week.
Any and all recommendations are welcome!

Tybee

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
You are right about Kitty Hawk. We went with our Chihuahua and we couldn''t take him on that beach there but almost all the other beaches are dog friendly and it is pretty quick and easy to go to another beach. We stayed at my sorority sister''s house so I don''t know about hotels. Almost all the shops there are dog friendly though, at least with small dogs and they have a bunch of really cute doggie stores. We stayed in Kitty Hawk but it was really near Kill Devil Hills, which was dog friendly on the beach. I love OBX... have fun!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your reply Indecisive!
I think we''re going to look into the town of Duck, since the leash laws state that dogs are okay if they''re under voice command! I can''t wait to let my puppies frolick in the surf!
So hard to decide, though. Now we''re weighing the options of close to the beach vs. beachfront. Looks like we can save a ton of money by being a little farther off the beach.--- but OH, how I love to sit on a deck and watch the waves!
I guess we really can''t lose.
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
If it is not too late There is an island called Ocracoke on the Outer Banks area. My mom had a vacation house there when I was a kid and we loved it. It has a small town feel to it. It has a wonderful History about Black beard the pirate too. The draw backs are that you have to take a ferry to and from the island no bridges. I also do not know about the leash law there.
If you have the chance you might want to look into it though.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I love OBX!!! I have been there three times and am planning to go back again this summer its oh so wonderful I hope you have an amazing time :) sorry to be so little help though as I have never traveled with a dog before
40.gif
I just wanted to say have an amazing time its awesome out there
4.gif

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been to the Outer Banks many times and we have always stayed in Nags Head. I remember seeing dogs on the beach all the time. In fact, we rented the same house multiple summers in a row and met a local man with a gorgeous Chesapeake Retriever and we saw him there a couple summers in a row. The dog loved playing in the waves and I always think of that dog whenever I consider getting a dog of my own.

I also love the beach area in Nags Head and we always stayed toward the southern end of Nags Head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results