shape
carat
color
clarity

Out of the ashes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing. Brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing that poignant moment.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This is so heartwarming... It actually brings a tear to my eye!
5.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I hope she gets a Boyfriend!
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, what a sweetheart! I love that she put her hand on his hand!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
awwww that is so sweet thanks for sharing :).

I do have to add if anyone ever does see an injured Koala in the wild proceed with caution, they are liable to hurt you - they have big nasty claws and can be agressive.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on the news. It was so nice. The death toll and loss of property is HORRID.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I am heartbroken about what has happened, and is still happening. I have survivor guilt, and I wasn''t even directly affected, except for having good friends who have lost a relative in incredibly horrific circumstances.

Everything that can be done for the human victims is being done.

Now I am rallying every resource I can for the effort to aid and assist the injured wildlife, pets and other animals.

While that video is very cute, it just highlights how desperate the animals are for help that they will approach humans like that. And Sam is one of the lucky ones. Countless others have not been so lucky.

I can''t help crying, I feel so helpless.

39.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:21:27 AM
Author: MishB

While that video is very cute, it just highlights how desperate the animals are for help that they will approach humans like that. And Sam is one of the lucky ones. Countless others have not been so lucky.

I can''t help crying, I feel so helpless.

39.gif

That''s what I was thinking. It''s so sad. She''s absolutely beautiful.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
i know its so awful. because of the human cost the wildlife has been forgotten, and ive heard such dreadful things, particularly how koalas and possums had no means of escape at all, and the firefront moved too quickly for even kangaroos to outrun it
39.gif

its just so devastating. MishB i have survivor guilt too, im overseas and like you have friends that have lost people. I feel so helpless here
38.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:54:41 PM
Author: Deelight

I do have to add if anyone ever does see an injured Koala in the wild proceed with caution, they are liable to hurt you - they have big nasty claws and can be agressive.
Exactly... they really aren''t that cute close up, and they smell.
emcrook.gif

Which is why in the video, the guy says ''watch when he''s hydrated he''ll rip the %$^&* out of me''.

I know people in the area where this happened, apparently David Tree used to drive a school bus, and he was famous for both his sense of humor, and suddenly stopping the bus to pick up injured wildlife, which he would wrap in a jumper and place on one of the seats so it could be taken to a refuge.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 4:51:38 PM
Author: MishB
Date: 2/10/2009 11:54:41 PM

Author: Deelight

Exactly... they really aren''t that cute close up, and they smell.
emcrook.gif

Which is why in the video, the guy says ''watch when he''s hydrated he''ll rip the %$^&* out of me''.

I know people in the area where this happened, apparently David Tree used to drive a school bus, and he was famous for both his sense of humor, and suddenly stopping the bus to pick up injured wildlife, which he would wrap in a jumper and place on one of the seats so it could be taken to a refuge.

That''s awesome...and yeah, I had heard koalas were MEAN so I was kind of surprised, but I guess the poor girl was just desperate. So sad...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I honestly believe this was a case of animal instinct kicking in. After the terror she juts survived, I think she just KNEW that he wasn''t going to hurt her. She was probably glad for another person/animal around her. We all underestimate the intelligence and instincts of animals at times, this is a great example of survival instincts. And what a little cutie, I must admit I watched this video mesmerized, tears streaming down my face. It just touched me in a way I can''t explain. When she grabbed his hand like that, I just lost it. Koalas can be so aggressive! They look adorable but those paws are razor sharp and will rip your skin open like tissue paper.
40.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
OMG... didn''t everyone who has watched the video (with audio!) think ... Steve Irwin!!!! Apparently he is quite like, but with curly hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results