shape
carat
color
clarity

our wedding is in 10 days omg ! 4/25/2009 (vegas)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I cant believe how close it is and im so excited and finally really happy. I have been pretty stressed out but now that all the major stuff is done I can finally just focus on the hell of a ride we are about to get on. We are just enjoying every second leading to this, and are so in love and mushy in the process. I really am marrying the love of my life.

Question how did you get a good night sleep without the bags under your eyes? I dont want to take a sleeping pill because they really make me groggy. I just am just afraid of my mind racing. is there anything i should try?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
10 days! YAY!!!! **happy dance**

Re: sleeping. I would set aside an hour each night before bed to do the following:
Stop watching TV/reading in bed! the bed is for sleeping and mattress dancing ONLY!!

20 minutes: make/drink a cup of soothing decaf herbal tea. lay out your clothes for the next day and get your breakfast/lunch ready to go in the fridge (set up the coffee maker, put the cereal/bowl/spoon out on the counter;
10 minutes: make a list of things you need/want to do the next day and put it next to your bed, light a relaxing aromatherapy candle (I like the spearmint eucalyptus scent from bath and body works, lavender or vanilla are fantastic as well. Make sure your bedroom is very dark (cover vcr/dvr lights, computer screens, etc);
10 minutes: put your PJs on and brush your teeth/wash your face
5 minutes: get into bed and read over your list. Make additional notes if you think of anything else and then put it down. This allows you to process your wedding to do stuff before you get into bed, clearing your mind so it's not running.
15 minutes: blow out the candle, lay down and close your eyes. Take several deep breaths and just focus on relaxing. Don't think about the next day, the wedding, or falling asleep. Just focus on relaxing and breathing.

this is a tried and true method for making me fall asleep. I try to do it every night. The big thing is not to focus on trying to fall asleep. Just focus on relaxing.

The next morning you might want to try putting tea bags on your eyes. You can also put two spoons in the refrigerator and put the cold spoons on your eyes. I've also heard of putting preparation H under the eyes, but I'm not big on putting chemicals anywhere near my eyes. Another thing you could do is elevate your pillow a bit so fluid doesn't pool.-put a phone book under your pillow or stack two pillows, try to elevate your head so it's above your heart. Some people are genetically predisposed to bags, it's just the way their face is.

The next night, repeat the steps but cross things off your list from the night before if you've accomplished them. Add to the list and repeat the next night.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
oh wow thank you so much, that was great advice and ive just printed this lol . I also have some jitters too, I dont know why because Im not stressed. I''m not even nervous. I''ve been drinking alot of tea and just having one coffee a day.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:56:27 AM
Author: blissfulbride
oh wow thank you so much, that was great advice and ive just printed this lol . I also have some jitters too, I dont know why because Im not stressed. I''m not even nervous. I''ve been drinking alot of tea and just having one coffee a day.
Tea is fantastic, but make sure it''s decaf/herbal. Some tea can pack quite a caffeine wallop!

I would also suggest eating lighter meals in the evening and not eating before going to bed. Sometimes digestion can affect the quality of sleep. And make sure you''re not drinking caffeinated beverages after 3 pm or so.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Woo-hoo! Enjoy your special day!!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Make sure you follow a consistant bedtime routine every night. Brush your teeth at the same time, put your jammies on at the same time, etc etc. This helps clue your body in - "hey, its sleepy time!".

p.s. When you go to get your marriage license in Vegas remember to bring cash! They don''t accept cards and it wasn''t easy to get to the ATM. :)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
HOLY COW!

We are date twins so that means I''m only 10 days away, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t believe that you only have ten days to go! Enjoy the last few days being a single woman! Can''t wait to hear how you get on.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I Know this feels so crazy, Im going to have a man of my own and be a wife. I feels so good and we are just so happy. 10 days are going to fly by and my last day of work is this friday. everyone in the office is so excited for me and cant wait to see pictures. I pick up my gown tomorrow. it feels so real !

thank you for the advice !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results