shape
carat
color
clarity

Our STDs are on the way (pics to follow)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
No pics yet, but I just had to share a small victory (haven''t done much in the wedding planning area lately, with everything going on)-

FI custom designed Save the Date magnets done with our dog''s photo on them, we sent them to a printer, and they''ll be here by the end of the week,
along with our blank cards we''re printing the info on.

It''s a small step, but it makes it feel so real!!! And ok we''re only 5 months out, so a bit late with the Save the Date mailing, but it''s still fun!!! woo hoo!!!

I''ll update with photos this weekend when they''re done.
Hope the Word template cooperates.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''d love to see pics!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Heh...I read "Our STDs are on the way" and I thought "wha?" Why is she happy about sexually transmitted diseases??? Shows you how much I dont know about wedding planning and why I have to elope!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
believe me, until all of this, I never knew what a save the date was
and esp. that it''s abbreviation was STD- that still makes me look twice

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Save the date magnets sound like a great idea, so cute. Can''t wait to see photos of them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehehe every time I see STD I have to do a double take. Always gives me a good laugh.

Definitely post them when you get a chance!

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
What exactly is a save the date? Is it different then an invitation?

Thank you!
Danielle

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is different than an invitation - it basically alerts future guests to the wedding date and locale (city/state) so that they can book travel arrangements and plan ahead for the wedding date particularly if they have to travel some distance to get to the wedding. Traditionally invitations are sent out 2 months or so before the wedding. STDs can be sent out far earlier and gives people a heads up so they can be on the lookout for travel deals, or simply to mark the date in their calendar.
1.gif

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the help :)
Are STD''s sent out about 6 months prior? Also, are they in the same formal format as an invitation?

You ladies are the best!
Danielle

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
We''re sending them out now, it will end up being about 5 months, but it depends on your wedding,
the sooner you can send (if you wish) the better
They''re def. not required, we are basically doing it because many guests are coming from across country and we want them to be able to make travel arrangements,etc.

As for formality you can do what you wish- we are choosing to do an informal fun type one (i.e. a pic of our DOG!)
whereas our invites will be a tad more traditional.
But you''ll probably read somewhere that the correspondence you send "sets the tone" for the wedding-
i say "what tone?" we just want to have fun!!!
but then again, I''m no Emily Post

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Can I just say that I LOVE your mood and vision of your wedding. You seem so carefree!

Danielle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results