shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new addition!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Cutie! My sister had a tuxedo cat named Marti

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 11:53:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh Sum, he''s too cute. How about Max, or Sam?? That''s what came to mind when I saw his pic.
Kaleigh, that really hits home for me! We got our tuxedo cat from the shelter about eight years ago, and the two name choices we had made were Max or Sam. Since he was such a cute wee guy, we knew that we''d probably attach an "ee" sound to the name. Sammy won out as the alternative had a tatally different connotation, lol.
20.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 11:09:50 AM
Author: isaku5

Date: 8/1/2007 11:53:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh Sum, he''s too cute. How about Max, or Sam?? That''s what came to mind when I saw his pic.
Kaleigh, that really hits home for me! We got our tuxedo cat from the shelter about eight years ago, and the two name choices we had made were Max or Sam. Since he was such a cute wee guy, we knew that we''d probably attach an ''ee'' sound to the name. Sammy won out as the alternative had a tatally different connotation, lol.
20.gif
Ha! Yea, we called our Max "Maxy-Waxy" so as not say Maxi... well, you know. He was also known as "snugglebug", but he would show up if you said "Lucy" or "Bill" too. never wanted to miss out on anything!

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
He looks just like the cat I had when I was growing up. My cats name was Sammy, and that is the first name I thought of when I saw the picture. I love the tuxedo look! Congratulations on your new addition.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Sumbride, he is adorable! I have one tuxedo now, and our other one passed away a year an a half ago. Enjoy! I can't wait to see pictures.

Jcrow--I used to have the greatest tuxedo kitty named Sebastian! He was the best little guy in the world, my Little Man. How funny that you thought of that name for this guy. When we adopted him I meant to say Sylvester, but Sebastian came out, and it was just perfect for him.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How adorable! He''s so sweet! I like Sebastian, too. When I saw JCrow post that it rang home for me.

Please post more pictures!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Alas, Timothy has been vetoed... and Sebastian is a friend''s child''s name... so I can''t steal it.

He comes home in 2 hours!!! woo hoo!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 4:28:53 PM
Author: sumbride
Alas, Timothy has been vetoed... and Sebastian is a friend's child's name... so I can't steal it.

Wah! I shall call him Tuxie until you officially name him! You must be so excited!!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 4:31:01 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/2/2007 4:28:53 PM
Author: sumbride
Alas, Timothy has been vetoed... and Sebastian is a friend''s child''s name... so I can''t steal it.

Wah! I shall call him Tuxie until you officially name him! You must be so excited!!!!
That works! When I called the vet I had to say "#1407" and that just felt WRONG.

SO excited!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuxie does work doesn''t it - at least he has a handle for now!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
They told me he might be a little groggy after surgery, but he played for 3 straight hours upon arriving home!

boingboingboingsumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Beloved "KITTY BELLY" shot!

kittybellysumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a "full body shot"... The way his white spot on his face looks he kind of reminds me of the new Calphalon dessert servers that are "two-toned". Bizarre, eh? My cat, Calphalon...

No, he still doesn''t have a name yet! And it WON''T be Calphalon!
2.gif

uprightkittysumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
After all the playing, he did get a little tired. He let me hold him and pet him for about 20 minutes, and then I tucked him into his heated cat bed where he rested for another 10 before he jumped out to play some more... I don''t bounce back quite that fast though... I''m exhausted... Good night all!

sleepykittysumb.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My friend''s two cats are called... Sam and Max.

No, really.

I think that kitty looks like his name should be Spook.

I don''t know why.

But it fits with the James Bond theme, at least.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is so cute! We had a tuxedo named Simon who was the sweetest cat....oh I miss him!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He''s gorgeous, Sum!!! I, too, had a tuxedo cat growing up and his name was July. Yup, July. My mom named him that because he was a stray who started coming around the house that month...I hated the name but it stuck! He was the sweetest, and so gentleman-like, he totally fit the "tuxedo" stereotype, if James Bond were a cat he was it. LOL!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! He is magnificant! You have to spend months naming that beauty!! His paws are dipped perfectly!! In that last photo...I see royalty...as in Aristocrat...Aristocat...Aristo.

What about the names of the butlers in movies...(ok so I have lost it
face21.gif
...humor me!)
Alfred was the name in Batman,
John Gielgud was the Valet Hobson in Arthur,
Kato valet in Green Hornet (remember all the acrobatics and tricks he would perform? Perfect for a cat)
Kato also in Pink Panther,
Godfrey, My man Godfrey
Mr. French...Family Affair
Lurch, the Adams family...hee hee hee (I had a cat that should have been named that...that is what he did).
then there is Hercule Poirot always weres a tux.
Belvedere
Was Clive Owen a valet in some movie?
The movie Titanic had one...

I like the previous suggestion of Roger, for Roger Moore. You need to go to blockbuster and look at the Bonds...every woman has her favorite. I still think Clive Owen should have beat out...that last guy. Oh well.

Oh boy this is fun. I would have more fun if I could pet him!! What does his coat feel like?

DKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look how he has settled in - amazing!!!!!!!! I bet he can't believe his luck in finding such a wonderful home!!!!

What about naming him Cary after Cary Grant, as he is a suave sort of cat????
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
He''s completely at home! It was amazing... he was a little shy coming out of his carrier, but once he came out, he was all over the place! Helps that I had placed toys all over the room, I suppose. He''s confined to the den right now and that is enough space for him at the moment. He''s SO affectionate! As soon as you touch him he starts purring and it''s kind of like an outboard motor, it''s so loud! He looks me in the eyes and puts his paw on my nose and I think he just knows THIS is his home.

I look like heck this morning because I said "20 minutes on hair and makeup or 20 minutes with KITTY???" yeah, tough choice!!! I felt bad that I had to go to work this morning, but I left him with a "busy box". It''s a wooden box with holes all over it stuffed full of different kinds of toys. He was going at it as soon as I put it down. And he''ll probably need a nap somewhere in his schedule today. He did ok overnight. I still haven''t heard him meow! And he used his litterbox perfectly. Such a GOOD boy!

The only thing we were worried about was the carpet because he started scratching at it immediately, but I put him on his cardboard scratcher and he seems to have figured out what it''s for, and found a scratching post that is too short for the other cats which he loves... he''s jumping on it all the time. The clawing thing is the only stressful part for M... he''s very worried. Max tore his sofa up but Max just had bad habits... and of course, he only did it when we weren''t home. Hopefully with this guy we''re starting him young enough to know what is good and what is bad so we can buy a new sofa (LATER) that can survive.

Bill slept outside the den last night, monitoring everything. Lucy was quite talkative last night but hasn''t been down there to check on him yet.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...Love the new pictures!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He looks like he''s having such a good time and sounds like he''s settling in beautifully (and he''s SO CUTE doing it!!)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now that I see more pictures, I still like Roger, but I think Clive or Cary could work too.

YAY FOR KITTY!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is SO cute!!!! And so masculine with that pink ''puff'' around his neck in that one shot.
2.gif
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
He loves his pink puff!! He killed it and drug it away.
2.gif

Ok, so I started calling him "cookie" last night because his face reminds me of a black and white cookie and he''s sweet enough to eat. So what could a name be that isn''t "cookie" but that I could still call him that as a nickname? Or is that ridiculous?

Captain Cook???? ARRRR!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like cookie monster. Of course, I''ve started calling Holly a monster lately so that could be why.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a high energy cutie. The colouring on his face makes him look as though he has a perpetual smirk.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 2:43:31 PM
Author: Chrono
What a high energy cutie. The colouring on his face makes him look as though he has a perpetual smirk.
1.gif
Hehehe...he does look like he is smirking - don''t blame him!!!
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"Ok, so I started calling him "cookie" last night because his face reminds me of a black and white cookie and he''s sweet enough to eat. So what could a name be that isn''t "cookie" but that I could still call him that as a nickname? Or is that ridiculous?"

I think your very first suggestion on names was Oreo-as in black and white cookie. Does Nabisco make Oreo?

I just realized who Sylvester is...the cartoon character that is with tweety bird. The black and white tux kitty. DUH!!!! I feel like such a doufus. I kept thinking why is everyone so hung up on Sylvester...as in Stallone...Rocky...oh well. I am a little slow sometimes. So glad he seems to have settled in. The paw on your nose is priceless. Oh envy
21.gif
you!!

Not the same thing, but my canine girls put their paw on my shoulder...and sometimes will tilt their head to rest it on my shoulder too. Oh, do I melt. But it didn''t happen the first 24 hours I had them...it has been years of bonding. You must have IT!!

DKS

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! He is adorable! I have a tux kitty also and she is adorable too.

Congrats on the new addition!!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I can''t call him Oreo because the other cats have people names and I don''t want him to feel inferior.
20.gif
ridiculous, isn''t it?

Sylvester just doesn''t stick. I did think Rocky though. don''t know why. M said no.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Clive since it has that rugged, devilish connotation which goes well with that smirk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results