shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Fall Centerpiece Prototype!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
So fiance and I sat down over the weekend and came up with this prototype for our centerpiece. Nothing is tacked down or glued, so you will NOT see the white Styrofoam in the finished ones.
3.gif
Also there will be real apples and little pumpkins nestled in there as well. And the candles will be lit of course!

Our tablecloths are black, hence the black wrap thats on the floor, but we won''t be having the leaf shaped tea light holders, just normal cup ones in fall colors.

What does everything think?

JEBcenter024.jpg

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful! so FI helped you in making those? your a pretty creative couple!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Very unique, I love the idea of little pumpkins and apples I think you did a great job! It''s seeing things like this that made me wish I did a fall wedding.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 2:34:42 PM
Author: cleokizzy
it''s beautiful! so FI helped you in making those? your a pretty creative couple!

Thanks so much cleokizzy!

Actually it was his idea to have the candles in the middle! He is really good an visual stuff so it came together pretty quickly with the two of us!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:07:53 PM
Author: purselover
Very unique, I love the idea of little pumpkins and apples I think you did a great job! It''s seeing things like this that made me wish I did a fall wedding.

Thanks purse lover, I just LOVE fall, so I wanted to include things that are very organic, but fall as well. So the apples and pumpkins seemed like a good thing. Plus fiance and I have went apple/pumpkin picking every fall together for the past 12 years!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
OOO very nice! We are also thinking of using branches for our June wedding next year. I love branches!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Very memorable set up! It looks both whimsical and elegant. Just make sure the branches are out of the way of the candles and you''ll be golden! I''ve seen some centerpieces get burnt during the reception, and it''s not a very pretty sight.. hehe

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I like the centerpiece alot! With fire hazards as the exception, it will work great for a fall wedding!

Since you asked for thoughts, mine pertain to the black cloth. Is there a reason you want to use black? What are the other wedding colors and colors at your venue? I''m just thinking it might look really harsh in a ballroom setting. I would tend towards pairing oranges like that with greys or cremes instead of black for this reason. This is just my taste, and if you are wanting a tasteful theme that leans towards Halloween you nailed it :)

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
be careful the braches are leaning away from the flame!

very cute, though!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I just found your venue thread, and it is gorgeous! The staircase and chandelier will make for great photos.

I would still think about how the black cloth will look in the space once there are 20 or so tables done that way. Go for it if it is the look you want, I just want you to think about it and how the whole space will look.

Hopefully you don''t mind my $0.02!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
They are great. They incorporate the season, while still coming off as an elegant centerpiece. Please reassure us that the twigs are securely mounted and the whole thing is not likely to go up in flames?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. Are you going to do them all in the same color or will you intersperse some birch branches too? [My niece has birch in her arrangements and it provided nice contrast.]

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Immediately makes me think of all the good things about fall
1.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:50:50 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I like the centerpiece alot! With fire hazards as the exception, it will work great for a fall wedding!

Since you asked for thoughts, mine pertain to the black cloth. Is there a reason you want to use black? What are the other wedding colors and colors at your venue? I''m just thinking it might look really harsh in a ballroom setting. I would tend towards pairing oranges like that with greys or cremes instead of black for this reason. This is just my taste, and if you are wanting a tasteful theme that leans towards Halloween you nailed it :)

Thanks Tropiqalkiwi! Our colors are actually black and cranberry. But we have all fall hues in our deco. Since the wedding is exactly a week before halloween that is fine. The tablecloths and napkins are black b/c that is our primary color. :)

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 5:18:55 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I just found your venue thread, and it is gorgeous! The staircase and chandelier will make for great photos.

I would still think about how the black cloth will look in the space once there are 20 or so tables done that way. Go for it if it is the look you want, I just want you to think about it and how the whole space will look.

Hopefully you don''t mind my $0.02!

Dont mind at all. But a dark look w. bright splotches of color are what we''re going for. Very small wedding, so only 8 tables of 10, so I dont think it will look too harsh. The Mansion is known for their black and white balls. :)

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 7:00:09 PM
Author: mayachel
They are great. They incorporate the season, while still coming off as an elegant centerpiece. Please reassure us that the twigs are securely mounted and the whole thing is not likely to go up in flames?

Ha! Thanks everyone. No no fire.... the branches will all be glued and facing a bit more out, away from the candles than the pic! There is actually more than 8 inches from the candles to any part of the branches.... I just realized it really doesn't look that way in the pic. I assure you. No fire hazard here!!!!

and DiamanteBlu I was thinking of birch as contrast as well!!! Thanks!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
well I'm glad it will work, I agree the black table cloths would look great with black and white striped walls!

Edit - Ok I read balls as walls.....but a black and white ball is great too, espicially with your bright accents.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
it!!

Fall is such a wonderful season!

Can''t wait to see photos of the real-deal when they''re set up at the reception!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
love those!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this - I am planning to use branches as well for winter - i completely heart the fact that you and FI have been apple picking together for 12 years. too cute
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results