shape
carat
color
clarity

Our engagement pics were blogged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few of my favorite pics from our engagement shoot. In light of my recently posted feelings about our photographer, I would love to know what you all think (honest please!)

Morgie Epic 1.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
We need to see more! That one looks a little stiff (more from your FI's end) but I love the setting! Where do you guys live?

I was going to post on your other thread that I would be mad too! That's really unprofessional, and it amazes me how people will post comments on the internet like that!

ETA: Better watch what you say as well (just in case!)
2.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that''s so big, hopefully this will be a better size. In the library at the college we met at.

Morgie Epic 2.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie - Thanks! FI just IS a little stiff, haha, he is really uncomfortable having his picture taken. The first pic was taken on Michigan Ave. in Chicago.

Another - on the EL

Morgie epic 3.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Outside the dorm we met in.

Morgie epic 4.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Another at the library.

Morgie epic 5.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Another on Michigan Ave. Sorry they are out of order!

Morgie epic 6.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...

Attachments

• morgie epic 7.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 183

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry so small...

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, hopefully the third time will be the charm....

Morgie Epic 8.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
for what it''s worth i think all of your photos are really nice, esp the last close up.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Cute pics! I love your hair!

(from a fellow grad who once lived on Clifton
2.gif
)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think the photos are great. If you aren''t used to getting your picture taken its easy to come across stiff. I think she did a good job considering the dreary weather.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re lovely, especially the last one!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 11:01:59 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I think the photos are great. If you aren't used to getting your picture taken its easy to come across stiff. I think she did a good job considering the dreary weather.

actually, i love how the weather made the pictures look "old". it was really neat! I love love love the last picture you posted! Looks like you Fi really opened up in that picture!

ETA - i love the "fast" city shot of you two as well (sorry, i had to go check out the rest of the pictures!)

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pictures a lot, the one at the library is really good.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I love the train and dorm photos but they''re all neat. I like the feel of the photos... certainly not your average E pics. I would be honest with the photographer. I would certainly meet to go over the E pics and it should be an open dialogue from both ends. If she was uncomfortable, she should have the confidence to tell you--if not, she shouldn''t be complaining. Just pose it as, "We were nervous, is there anything you want to suggest we try next time or something we can do to make it easier..."

How do you feel about them?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Morgie- I think she got a nice mixture of different feels! Two of them look like they could be right in the middle of a professional Acrhitecture Book, great photos, but not what "I" like for personal shots. They strike me as editorial. Like perfect for a magazine ad or billboard, but not extrememly personal. I love the ones that you got on your campus, and I bet they mean alot to you all
30.gif
. I really like the last one that she got of you all as well. Here's my disclaimer, maybe it's just becuase Chicago has SOOO much to look at, but the ones that were taken downtown, my eye was not drawn to you and your FI in a few of them. I think that is why I'm kinda shying away from those.

Are these the types of shots you wanted? Are they the type of shots you want for your wedding? I know that FI and I went with a more artsy feel(liek yours) for our E-pics than I want for our wedding, and I was SURE to tell our photog that right up front, and many many times more. We want traditional shots for our wedding, and not alot of "scenery". (ie, buildings and architecture)

I posted this in your other thread, but I think we posted at the same time and you might have missed it. (If not, jsut ignore
2.gif
)
"Here's my idea... call her and ask her if she has any critiques that you and your FI can work on for the wedding. Just tell her, that you both felt like it was a bit of a hard time, and understanding that she will be in a new place, you would like to help by being as prepared as possible the next time, and would love any input.
It sounds like she may be overwhelmed with lots of clients right now, which is her own fault, but I'm sure she would appreciate any help from the couples as well. Maybe you can request that you sit down with her, and talk about some of the pictures after they are posted. Ask her what she thinks works best for you all, and things along that line. Does that make sense?"

I think meeting with her and discussing exactly what you are looking for will make you feel more comfortable. Your hesitiation leads me to believe you aren't totally happy with what she got, and letting her know exactly what you are looking for is a big key to being happy with your shots. Like I said, ask her for tips, and ideas. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Refrencing the pictures she has taken will make it really easy to tell her what you liked and what you would rather not have for the wedding.

All the pictures are wonderfully shot, and it;s obvious she is an incredible photog. The one of you all over the river is an incredible shot that I would frame in a heartbeat! (maybe B&W and very tall if you have a modern feel in your home
31.gif
)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! The more I look at the pics, the more I like them.

JSM - Great to see a fellow alum! What year did you graduate?
Meresal - Thanks for your feedback. We did actually tell our photographer that our biggest goal for our photos was to have a few artsy pics that we could have made into canvas gallery wraps for our house, which is a mix of modern and traditional. She did get some more personal feeling pics too, she just didn''t post those in her blog. Here are a few examples of those, taken from the slideshow so the quality isn''t as great.

Morgie Epic 9.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Another

Morgie Epic 10.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Great photos here!
36.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this one.

Morgie Epic 11.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Last one I promise, a ring pic!

Morgie Epic 12.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:03:52 PM
Author: Morgie44
Thank you all! The more I look at the pics, the more I like them.

JSM - Great to see a fellow alum! What year did you graduate?
Meresal - Thanks for your feedback. We did actually tell our photographer that our biggest goal for our photos was to have a few artsy pics that we could have made into canvas gallery wraps for our house, which is a mix of modern and traditional. She did get some more personal feeling pics too, she just didn''t post those in her blog. Here are a few examples of those, taken from the slideshow so the quality isn''t as great.
Morgie- They are great and it looks like she got everything exactly how you wanted !! Thanks for posting some of the personal ones. Those editorial shots are going to look indredible in a gallery setting!! No worries my friend, sounds like maybe she is just overwhelmed with her own stuff. You are in great hands!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
I think your pics came out great!
I really like how you used the city to your advantage ... it makes for a great back drop!

You make a cute couple :)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:09:31 PM
Author: meresal
Morgie- They are great and it looks like she got everything exactly how you wanted !! Thanks for posting some of the personal ones. Those editorial shots are going to look indredible in a gallery setting!! No worries my friend, sounds like maybe she is just overwhelmed with her own stuff. You are in great hands!
Ditto! I love them all. I always like a few artsy ones in a set, and the ones you posted first are beautiful with the scenery. But I love the more personal ones you showed us. She did a great job!!

I think if you have any hesitation, just say something to her along the lines of how important it is to you to have lots of personal shots at the wedding, or something like that.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I love this pic with the river and the city in the background!

I think it''s hard sometimes to be comfortable having your photo taken and especially when you are not being given very much direction. But your pictures are very beautiful. I am not going to advise you to search for another photographer because I don''t know if you signed a contract or not, but I would advise you to really consider if you want to make a move before your wedding.

FI and I had to move photogs and it was very stressful because we lost a deposit which shrunk our budget and while everything worked itself out, I don''t wish that stress and uncertainty on anyone.

Good Luck and Congratulations on your pics!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 11:11:04 AM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 5/26/2009 11:01:59 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I think the photos are great. If you aren''t used to getting your picture taken its easy to come across stiff. I think she did a good job considering the dreary weather.

actually, i love how the weather made the pictures look ''old''. it was really neat! I love love love the last picture you posted! Looks like you Fi really opened up in that picture!

ETA - i love the ''fast'' city shot of you two as well (sorry, i had to go check out the rest of the pictures!)
Yes, I agree. Morgie commented that she thought her photographer wasn''t happy with the light that day. I was commenting on that because I think they look amazing. And partly that is the photographers style. They still look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results