OUCH! Mary Trump's new book about her uncle - July 14

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!

Of course the majority of the people in our country who need to read this, and understand it, won't. The rest of us, well, I'm sure much of what is revealed in the book won't come as any surprise.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!

Of course the majority of the people in our country who need to read this, and understand it, won't. The rest of us, well, I'm sure much of what is revealed in the book won't come as any surprise.

True @rainydaze !!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I learned on MSNBC last night it was Mary Trump's information that led to "The New York Times" being able to publish what they did about the Trump empire. If some of the information in the book is no longer a surprise, we still may have Mary Trump to thank for having unearthed the information earlier.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an excerpt from an article about what Ms. Trump did.

"Behind the scenes: In what reads like a scene out of Spotlight, Mary Trump tells the story for the first time of how she secretly gave the New York Times much of the source material for its 14,000 word investigation of how 'President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents.'

• Mary Trump writes that in the spring of 2017, her doorbell rang. 'When I opened the door, the only thing that registered was that the woman standing there, with her shock of curly blond hair and dark-rimmed glasses, was someone I didn't know. Her khakis, button-down shirt, and messenger bag placed her out of Rockville Center.'
  • 'Hi. My name is Susanne Craig. I'm a reporter for the New York Times.'
Mary Trump says she initially turned Craig away, telling her that she didn't talk to reporters and it was 'so not cool' that she was showing up at her house.

But Craig persisted, giving Trump her business card and later following up with a letter 'reiterating her belief that I had documents that could help "rewrite the history of the President of the United States," as she put it.'

• After a month of sitting on her couch, scrolling through Twitter, and growing increasingly agitated as 'Donald shredded norms, endangered alliances, and trod upon the vulnerable,' the president's niece picked up Craig's card and called her."

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I learned on MSNBC last night it was Mary Trump's information that led to "The New York Times" being able to publish what they did about the Trump empire. If some of the information in the book is no longer a surprise, we still may have Mary Trump to thank for having unearthed the information earlier.

Hi @AGBF! If you are referencing my post with this, I just want to clarify that I wasn't referring to any of his shady dealings as not coming as a surprise. Rather, I meant to suggest that any revelations about his character, integrity, motivations, and choices... along with what may have helped shape into this grotesque person.... won't come as a surprise. These things are written all over him to anyone whose eyes are open.

I am so grateful to Mary Trump, to ANYONE who doesn't succumb to this bully, for their efforts to enlighten those who don't see what kind of a human being he is. I cannot believe how difficult it has proven to be for people to do this. I am continuously shocked at how those around him fold and enable him.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Yet another opportunist in the Trump Family. Why is this not a surprise? :boohoo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results