022612-gwyneth-paltrow-350_4.jpg

011212-anne-hathaway-oscars-350_0.jpg

1868045-jpg_100335.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Grace Kelly's dress is amazing. Love everything about it.

Statuesque

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
This was actually worn at the GG's. but since we are talking award show dresses, it was one of my favorites

lucy-liu-carolina-herrera-golden-globes-h724.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love the Grecian Goddess-style dresses worn by Anne Hathaway, Grace Kelly, and Lupita.
Pale colors with lots of pleating and draping. So classic!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! I was out all night last night so have not had a chance to see the 2016 Oscar Dresses but am very much looking forward to it, thank you E! Hopefully TIVO recorded the pre-fashion show for me on E yesterday.

In the meantime, thank you momhappy, that is a lovely dress Lucy is wearing.

Stracci, I agree. Lovely and classic though I almost think anything would look amazing on these women. :bigsmile:

I hope the 2016 Oscar dresses did not disappoint yesterday!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Clearly, the plunging neckline was in at the Oscars this year....Lots of side boob :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1456750615|3997277 said:
^Clearly, the plunging neckline was in at the Oscars this year....Lots of side boob :lol:

Ooh thanks for the heads (or should I say boobs :cheeky: ) up momhappy. I have so much to do today before I can get to watch the pre show fashion on E. Cannot wait to see it! Did you have a favorite dress from the evening?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK first impressions. Momhappy I agree. I'm not a fan of side boob or even cutouts in the middle of one's midsection. Other than that I loved most of the dresses of the evening. The men also looked handsome but not doing an overview of them this round.

I had a few faves and yes a few what where they thinking...Whoopi Oy not a good look and Heidi Klum's dress also not a fan though it was a very pretty soft purple color. I also hated Jennifer Lawrence's dress. Not elegant at all IMO. And Rooney Mara just not a fan of showing the midsection even with a *diamond* shaped cutout LOL. The dress was very pretty minus the cutout IMO. Didn't like Kate Winslet's dress. The metallic black dress looked too heavy on her and just not a fan. And LOL Sandy Powell was mistaken for Tilda Swinton by the E! at the Oscars LOL. I didn't care for either of their dresses.

Olivia Wilde-too much chest/skin IMO but otherwise I loved the dress. Loved the pleats and the fresh white color. Loved her vintage choker too.

LOVED Lady Gaga's pantsuit. Fantastic color and fantastic look on her. Elegant and unique. Just lovely.

Loved Alicia Vikander's dusty yellow Louis Vuitton gown. Very sweet and very pretty on her.

Loved Sofia Vergara's dress. The color and the shape. Very flattering to her.

Cate Blanchett always looks beautiful and though it wasn't my favorite dress she looked pretty in the sea foam color. Not sure of the dress itself but honestly she can wear anything and look elegant IMO.

Loved Charlise Theron's red dress. Beautiful.

Loved Brie Larson's dress but not sure of the belt. Pretty color.

Saoirse Ronan's dress. Loved the green color of the Calvin Klein dress but not the plunging V neck.

Margot Robbie pretty dress and color on her.

Rachel McAdam's dress-loved the back but not the front.

Loved Tina Fey's dress and color. Very pretty and flattering on her.

Loved Julianne Moore's dress.

Charlotte Riley's dress was gorgeous.

Jennifer Garner was wearing a gorgeous old hollywood glamor dress. Loved it.

Reese Witherspoon-great color and silhouette on her and while it's similar to what she always wears she knows what looks good on her.

Liked Naomi Watt's dress color and silhouette but not loving the rest of it. Seemed a bit like
fish scales to me. LOVED the necklace. That's a statement necklace.

I'll post some of the pics for anyone who might be interested.

sofiavergara.jpeg

juliannemoore.jpg

charlizetheron.jpg

ladygaga.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More dresses.

aliciavikander.jpg

brielarson.jpg

tildaswintonvssandypowell.jpg

naomiwatts.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued. LOVED Sophie Turner's dress. The color and the shape on her. Lovely.
Not a fan of Daisy Ridley's dress but I did love the color.

sophieturner.jpg

daisyridley.jpg

whoopigoldberg.jpg

charlotteriley.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More dresses.

tinafey.jpg

reesewitherspoon.jpg

rachelmcadams.jpg

margotrobbie.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more. Loading them is taking some time now and I think I am clogging up PS sorry!

heidiklum.jpg

jennifergarner.jpg

jenniferlawrence.jpg

emilyblunt.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I left some out but I am getting bleary eyed LOL. Hope you enjoyed looking!
If it weren't for that cutout I would have loved Rooney's dress.
Adding another view of Sofia's dress because she looked so lovely. :))

rooneymara.jpg

saoirseronan.jpg

cateblanchett.jpeg

sofiaoscars2016.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I loved Daisy Ridley's dress and earrings! lol

Thanks for posting this thread MIssy (even if you don't care for my fav dress :lol: )

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1456777452|3997452 said:
HI:

I loved Daisy Ridley's dress and earrings! lol

Thanks for posting this thread MIssy (even if you don't care for my fav dress :lol: )

cheers--Sharon

Haha you are very welcome Sharon. I did like the color of her dress very much. And the critics agree with you so you are in good company. It just wasn't my favorite but she looked stunning nevertheless!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss Joan River's commentary ... :cry:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this Oscar dress, but the girl doesn't seem very grouchy.

screen_shot_2016-02-29_at_6.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doh lost my whole post.

Cate Blanchett. Regal, fresh and young. Stunning Tiffany earrings. Only SHE could have made that look work, and big does she work it.

Brie Larson, perfect everything. Hair, dress, looked like a princess. Gorgeous and young.

The only dress I would consider trying to wear after losing 15 pounds. Rachel McAdams. I think she going bra-less, or am I wrong about that? I loved it. I wish I had the courage to do that. Not that anything would show anyway. And did you see on the bling on her fingers??? Multiple stacks.

Ok and was the necklace Naomi Watts was wearing worth about a zillion dollars? That could have fed a small nation. Fabulous.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - thank you for this thread and that wonderful compilation of favorite Oscar looks. Julia Roberts' vintage dress (Valentino?) is definitely on my top five list. I also loved this dress - Nicole Kidman never disappoints on the red carpet, but this dress was (and still looks) so wonderfully fresh and new:

nicole_kidman.jpg

I agree with you on so many of this year's dresses, and on the cut-to-the-navel necklines. Yikes! At least the Oscars crowd seemed to have bypassed the naked-with-embelishments trend that so many celebs wore to last year's Met gala!

Momhappy - love Lucy Liu in that dress!

Kenny - that little girl NAILED the Oscar look!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1456800919|3997667 said:
I miss Joan River's commentary ... :cry:

Me too lambskin.

kenny said:
I like this Oscar dress, but the girl doesn't seem very grouchy.

Ha! Kenny, that is an Oscar dress I can definitely see myself wearing. Some say it isn't easy wearing green but I love green on me and I certainly love that grouchy Oscar. :bigsmile:

LLJsmom said:
Doh lost my whole post.

Cate Blanchett. Regal, fresh and young. Stunning Tiffany earrings. Only SHE could have made that look work, and big does she work it.

Brie Larson, perfect everything. Hair, dress, looked like a princess. Gorgeous and young.

The only dress I would consider trying to wear after losing 15 pounds. Rachel McAdams. I think she going bra-less, or am I wrong about that? I loved it. I wish I had the courage to do that. Not that anything would show anyway. And did you see on the bling on her fingers??? Multiple stacks.

Ok and was the necklace Naomi Watts was wearing worth about a zillion dollars? That could have fed a small nation. Fabulous.

LLJsmom, I think you would look gorgeous in that Rachel McAdams dress. Not to embarrass you or anything but you do have the figure for it girlfriend. :appl:

And yeah, Naomi Watt's necklace was :love: and probably cost a small fortune.

VRBeauty said:
Missy - thank you for this thread and that wonderful compilation of favorite Oscar looks. Julia Roberts' vintage dress (Valentino?) is definitely on my top five list. I also loved this dress - Nicole Kidman never disappoints on the red carpet, but this dress was (and still looks) so wonderfully fresh and new:

nicole_kidman.jpg

I agree with you on so many of this year's dresses, and on the cut-to-the-navel necklines. Yikes! At least the Oscars crowd seemed to have bypassed the naked-with-embelishments trend that so many celebs wore to last year's Met gala!

Momhappy - love Lucy Liu in that dress!

Kenny - that little girl NAILED the Oscar look!

Ooh VRBeauty, that is a beautiful dress from the past and I agree. Nicole Kidman looked fabulous in it. :love:

And Sharon! That Daisy Ridley dress is growing on me. I am beginning to see the beauty in it and honestly I think it would look good on me too because it is very figure flattering. 8) :halo: :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaga glamorous earrings. Sigh. 90 carats of bling perfection. :love: Worth 8 Million dollars.

More Red Carpet Bling info.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2016/02/28/oscars-2016-the-best-jewelry-on-the-red-carpet/#10a58aba4ebc

Diamonds and white metals, mostly platinum, were the stars of the 88th Academy Awards red carpet jewelry presentation Sunday. Earrings were big with chandeliers, geometric designs and large drops. There were plenty of bare necks but when necklaces were worn, they were outsized and dramatic.

The winner was Charlize Theron who appeared near the end of the event wearing $3.7 million worth of Harry Winston Diamonds. The show stopper was the 48-carat Secret Cluster Diamond Necklace, which was complemented by Winston Cluster Diamond Earrings, 15.49 carats, Cushion-Cut Diamond Ring with Micropave, 8.78 carats, Micropave Diamond Band Ring, and Queen Diamond Ring, 7.44 carats, all set in platinum.

Prior to Theron’s arrival the top look was Naomi Watts’ who arrived early wearing a big, bold Bulgari diamond necklace.

The two Olivias arrived adorned with sparkling gems. Olivia Wilde wore a Neil Lane choker and earrings with lots of pearls; while Olivia Munn appeared with a $1 million Forevermark by Jade Trau Exceptional Diamond Cuff Bracelet featuring a 12.06 carat round brilliant Exceptional Forevermark Diamonds.

Saoirse Ronan had one of the most interesting looks of the evening wearing mismatched green and white Chopard drop earrings.

Two red carpet staples, Cate Blanchett and Julianne Moore never disappoint. Blanchett was adorned in Tiffany & Co. jewels from the Tiffany Blue Book collection. It included drop earrings in platinum with marquise and round diamonds, a starfish cuff in platinum with round diamonds, and a ring in platinum with a 2.30-carat round diamond and round diamond border. Meanwhile, Moore was adorned in Chopard jewels.

Tina Fey wore a big, bold Bulgari sapphire necklace.

There were other jewelers well known throughout the world but not necessarily on the red carpet who had their time on the big stage.

ladygagaearrings.jpg

oscars-red-carpet-jewelry-2016_2000x1125-1200x675.jpg

naominecklace.jpg

oliviachoker.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this cuff. :love:

Not crazy about Ronan's mismatched earrings. Love the other earrings here though.

oliviamunncuff.jpg

ronanmismatchedearrings.jpg

cateearrings.jpg

moorechopard.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results