shape
carat
color
clarity

"Original Imports" dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs DMcD

Rough_Rock
While beginning to feel the pressures of time in my dress search, I managed to narrow it down to two today... One is an Anjolique that I have loved since my first dress shopping trip.

The other was at a shop I hadn''t been to before, was a beautiful dress, but was without any tags in it except one attached by the store with their own identifying number and price (which concerned me). I have read about places that do this in an attempt to sell a knock-off dress as a name brand or designer dress, thus making more on it. Here''s the catch about this place - the saleslady (who was very nice and low pressure) said the brand of my dress was "Original Imports", which to me isn''t exactly a big name designer. (AND the price is pretty reasonable, one of the lowest priced dresses I have looked at!) Has anyone ever heard of this brand?? I haven''t had any luck in any internet searches yet... The shop itself has pretty good reviews, and has been in the area a long time.

Anyone have any advice??
33.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve never heard of original imports, but i do know that a lot of bridal salons take the tags out of a dress not because they are selling a knockoff dress, but because they don''t want the customer to know the designer and style number of a dress so they can''t go and buy it for cheaper online. it''s a questionable business practice, but it doesnt'' mean they are necessarily selling knock-off dresses.

i know anjolique gowns are expensive, and quite frankly, if you love the other dress and it seems well made, then don''t let the lesser known name deter you. there are some inexpensive dresses out there (jasmine comes to mind) that are totally good quality. if you love it, i wouldn''t worry about it, unless you are really hung up on the idea of having a high end famous designer gown
1.gif

Mrs DMcD

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mimzy! I''m going back there this week, so I will see what other information I can get out of them this time as far as the designer goes. I''m not at all worried about having a gown specifically with a ''big name'', so if it seems like a well-made dress at a good price, I won''t worry too much. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results