shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered Palladium and got Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toups

Rough_Rock
I finally picked up my beautiful Ritani setting yesterday and could not any more happy. I ordered the setting in palladium so I could spend more on the diamond, but when I was looking at it after I left the store I noticed it was stamped as PT950. Shouldn''t it be stamped as 950PD? What is the best way to tell if I got lucky and actually got platinum or if it is stamped incorrectly?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yup - mine are both stamped 950PD or PD950 for the Palladium. Looks like they may have goofed! Have you talked to your jeweler about it?

H

hlpkaixin3344

I haven''t talked to the jeweler because I''m scared they will try to take it back or make me pay the difference
3.gif

I dropped it off for an independent appraisal, and they know the situation. Hopefully I''ll get good news soon!

H

hlpkaixin3344

hmmm I don''t know why it says Anonymous when I posted that.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Well, If is a real Platinum, you just have a lucky day
31.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should still tell your jeweler. Warranty and that thing call honesty. The jeweler should not request you to give back the setting as it is their mistake.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like platinum. It wouldn''t be hallmarked incorrectly. I think you should tell your jeweler. Chances are they won''t ask for it back, but you would hopefully feel better for being honest about it. You''d be complaining it wasn''t fair to you if you ordered platinum and received palladium. Please be fair to the jeweler.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d take it into the jeweler and explain all this to them. they will be able to tell if it''s plat. or pall. I doubt they would ask for it back or for you to pay the price difference but if it is plat. you''ll want to probably change that on the appraisal if you''ve got one.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I agree with all the PP''s about telling the jeweler for the appraisal/value purposes. Keep us posted!

toups

Rough_Rock
I was joking about talking to the jeweler! They said they don''t know where the mix up happened, but it''s done now so enjoy it! The appraiser confirmed it is platinum so I got VERY lucky. I guess I should have ordered the wedding band with the e-ring if I would have known this was going to happen haha.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 3:42:42 PM
Author: toups
I was joking about talking to the jeweler! They said they don''t know where the mix up happened, but it''s done now so enjoy it! The appraiser confirmed it is platinum so I got VERY lucky. I guess I should have ordered the wedding band with the e-ring if I would have known this was going to happen haha.
Oh that is good, that was nice of them.

kjt

Rough_Rock
wow, what a sweet deal! congrats!

you can still get palladium for your band if you want. I have plat e-ring and palladium band. It works, but I do notice the difference in finish and weight.

I''d spring for the platinum band to match though
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results