shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered my dress! Now help with veil, shoes, etc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Hey girls, I was reluctant to post pics of my dress...I don''t know why. I love it, don''t get me wrong, but I''m one of those that will buy something BIG and then have regrets. I''ll get over it. It''s by La Sposa, from their 2009 collection.

Anyway, my question is...does the lace/mantilla veil look good in the pictures? I''ve always loved them, but I''m not sure. I definitely only want something with one tier. My plan is to get some kind of flower to put in my hair and take off the veil during the reception. By the way, my reception and everything are quite formal. The dress is simple enough that I can pretty much do whatever I want with the veil, and it won''t "overtake" the dress.

Shoes...I would like something possibly with a 40''s glam feel. Definitely want a champagne color, heel of no more than 3.5 and comfortable!!! I''m not a shoe guru...I don''t want to spend more than about 100. Spent enough on the dress!

Earrings...I would love to have some color, probably sapphire or aquamarine. Something with a little dangle...or pearl?

One more thing...2 of my friends suggested getting a flower or something to put at the hip on the shorter side. Would that be too much? They said the dress is beautiful, but a little on the plain side, so they suggested that to glam it up. What do you think???

Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated! Happy Friday to everyone!!!

Wedding dress pics 149a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding dress pics 150a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding dress pics 151a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding dress pics 154a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding dress pics 161.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW! Your dress is absolutely stunning!! It''s so beautiful! I think that the veil looks amazing with it also.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...this one shows how it would be bustled.

Wedding dress pics 148a.JPG

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Wow,
30.gif
Gorgeous Dress!!!

I love the long one tiered veil, it adds a little something extra - I think one with crystal edging would also look really great, have you thought about giving that a try? I like the flower in the hair idea, but I would only do it when you take off the veil, not have both at the same time. I only say this because the dress is on the more simple side and I think it would take focus off of it - plus I am not so sure the styles would really compliment eachother. I do however like the idea of adding a bow or flower to the dress, but I like bows - so thats just me - I really don''t think you need to add anything to the dress if you don''t want to because it is stunning on you just the way it is!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is pretty gram as it is. I think the flower might take something away from it. The fabric has an amazing sheen GLAM all on its own. How about a beautiful necklace, or possibly a brooch for the hip, but I personally would not do a flower. There are some amazing brooches on QVC and I think someone had a find on EBAY that was FAB! It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Or maybe a beautiful hair clip would dress up the dress as well. My dress is very similar and has optional beaded cap sleeves. I might not use them because the dress is amazing on its own.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress. One of my favs on PS!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 12:23:17 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
I think it is pretty gram as it is. I think the flower might take something away from it. The fabric has an amazing sheen GLAM all on its own. How about a beautiful necklace, or possibly a brooch for the hip, but I personally would not do a flower. There are some amazing brooches on QVC and I think someone had a find on EBAY that was FAB! It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!

I think a brooch is a great idea.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Love the dress! Its gorgeous, elegant, and looks great on you! I think the lace veil is a beautiful touch, and a nice sparkly brooch will add a lot of glam.

Congrats on finding the one
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You''re a knockout! And that dress is seriously beautiful. I also think IF you add anything, which I don''t believe you need to do, you should add a brooch.

Love the veil. Love it love it! You look gorgeous.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful dress! It looks gorgeous on you!

I agree w/ the pp''s that a brooch might look really nice on the dress. I also like it w/ the veil you tried on.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I love the long veil with the lace. Crystal edging might look really nice also. I would not put a flower on the dress AND wear a flower in your hair. If it were me, I would do the flower in the hair and leave the dress alone.

Can''t help with the shoes, I am trying to find ones with as low a heel as possible!! 3.5 inch heels at that price are probably not going to be that comfortable. Good luck.

I would wear a necklace and earrings if you are not doing bling on the dress, to provide some glam. I would get a stunning necklace, and somewhat understated earrings so that it is not too much. Or you can do it the other way around. Make sure you try it all on with the veil so it is not too much.

I LOVE the aquamarine idea (but I''m partial, cuz that''s my birthstone). However, does it match your BM colors? If not, will it clash? If it won''t clash, go for it.

If you do pearls, don''t do "regular" round pearls. Do pearls and crystals together. Regular pearls alone would be too boring.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you girls for all your sweet compliments. I''m on a hunt to find a pretty brooch. I just ordered the flower for my hair from www.etsy.com . That is such a cool site for handmade stuff likes pins, necklaces, earrings, ornament flowers, etc.

I''ll have to see if I can find a pretty one that would match my dress. They don''t give you a sample of the material...I tried.
20.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I
30.gif
your dress! Personally, I don''t think plain when I see your dress, the cut and fabric shout classic elegance
36.gif
I think a flower would look great - very Mila-esque (think Haven''s beautiful wedding dress), but I also think your dress is stunning as is! As far as the veil goes, I''m all about mantillas so that gets my vote.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow--I really think your dress is amazing and not the slightest bit plain! I''m definitely partial to simpler dresses, and you pull this one off wonderfully. You shouldn''t have any regrets about it--it is fabulous.

I am also in the no-flower-on-the-dress camp. I think a flower in your hair would be very pretty.

I usually absolutely love lace-edged veils, but I think something simpler (just plain tulle) might be best for your overall look. The lace-edged looks pretty, but it doesn''t "speak" to me, for some reason. I think your hair flower might be enough of an ornament, but I think you should go with whatever you love and what will make you feel special. Maybe get some in-person opinions on the veil--it is so much easier when you can see the whole ensemble en vive, including how the veil complements your face.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Too busy to help very much now, but I just wanted to say that your dress looks gorgeous on you! It''s a gorgeous dress to begin with, and it fits your body beautifully. I think that simplicity of the dress requires a simple elegance in accessories. Good luck!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!! I understand what you mean about glamming it up a little bit, as I too have a dress with no lace/beading and will be adding a blingy brooch to spice it up. I got mine on ebay, so definitely continue to check them out and you might find something. Hair accessories are also another option. A blingy headband or clip would look great as well.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress!! It look smashing on you. I love the way is bustle''s at least from that side view.
36.gif

I don''t know that I am feeling the mantilla veil. I think it distracts from the beautiful elegance of your gown. I would try different options. I think you should keep it simple and elegant. You look amazing in that dress and I just feel like the veil is covering that dress up too much.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. that''s completely spectacular- truly - it fits you perfectly and you look amazing! i love the veil too....i can''t wait to see the jewels to go with it. I vote no necklace because your neckline is so beautiful, but i would do a dangly earring with it and the flower in your hair!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

You look fantastic in your dress. You have a very nice figure and the dress is very flattering. I love your hair ornament too and veil

Can you tell me which etsy vendor you went through to order it ? It is very pretty

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t tell you ladies how much this makes me happy...my fiance was getting tired of me looking at other dresses and trying to decide if I got the right one or not. He hasn''t seen it, but he''s trying to reassure me, which doesn''t help much. So from him and I, thank you!

Crystalheart 1: the hair ornament in my profile picture is not the one I purchased. I just liked it! I don''t know if I can put the Ebay link up or not, but her store is called "Shellysheekboutique".

The hair ornament I DID order is custom made from Mikiye. It will look a lot like this, but with a few feathers peeking behind it. It reminded me of that 40''s glam feel I''m looking for.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15267277

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot to add,

DMBsGirl
, I saw your dress, and your dress was one of the ones that made me second guess my choice! I LOOOOOOVE it! I know if it would have been a sample in one of the 9 stores I went to (!), I would have probably walked out of there with it! You look really, really pretty in it. Can you post a picture of the pin you found to replace the flower with?

I''m learning that I probably need to step away from looking at other dresses, or this is going to happen to me for another 10 months!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL DRESS!!
30.gif
30.gif
I just ordered my dress and veil and decided against the mantilla. My dress is pretty plain, but my mom and I decided that the lace was too busy around my face and took away from the overall look. Have you tried one on? I would definitely see how it looks on with the dress and on you. You may change your mind like I did, I went with a plain finished edge veil.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Freke! I was hoping you''d chime in!!! I love that 3rd pair (the round toe). I''m a size 7, and I thought about doing the dyeable route, but I don''t know if anyone had any luck with those. I don''t want my shoes to look cheap. I honestly really like this pair from David''s Bridal, but don''t know anything about them as far as comfort, what they look like in real life, etc.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessory_detail.jsp?stid=3839&prodgroup=174 (couldn''t attach the picture) I think they are really pretty, but again, don''t know what they are like in real life.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like those shoes Lanie! Have you tried them on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results