shape
carat
color
clarity

orange palms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So tomorrow afternoon I''m having my B-pics taken. I''m ghostly pale in the winter, so yesterday I went and had a spray tan done. The woman and I were both so careful about keeping it off my palms, but a few places are orange today. Is there some secret trick to getting it off? I''ve tried lemon juice and scrubbing with soap and my kitchen scrubby (the latter worked better than the first). Also, do you think Macy''s would have fishnet thigh-highs? I''m looking for small netting in black and we don''t have a Victoria''s Secret or Frederick''s around here...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Hey hudson- As a wedding planner I see this problem ALL the time!
1.gif
Nail polish remover works. Also try a whitening toothpaste or one with baking soda, and scrub your hands with a toothbrush (obviously, dont use it again afterwards!
2.gif
)

Also, as a LAST resort if the firs two options dont work, you can take a washcloth with bleach and water a scrub your hands. Only problem is it will burn/irritate your skin, so make sure you wash your hands with soap immediately following.

Hope that helps!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I was going to say nail polish remover also.

Macy''s may. I''ve gotten fishnets from Bloomingdales but they were not thigh highs.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh SNAP!! I just had this little tip oy my 100-day countdown calendar, but I''m not sure what I did with the sheet...

It has to do with sugar though. Ohh, I remember (I think)... lotion and sugar. Mix them, then rub them on your skin, wash off with warm water, and it will even it out.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 10:00:53 AM
Author: NakedFinger
Hey hudson- As a wedding planner I see this problem ALL the time!
1.gif
Nail polish remover works. Also try a whitening toothpaste or one with baking soda, and scrub your hands with a toothbrush (obviously, dont use it again afterwards!
2.gif
)

Also, as a LAST resort if the firs two options dont work, you can take a washcloth with bleach and water a scrub your hands. Only problem is it will burn/irritate your skin, so make sure you wash your hands with soap immediately following.

Hope that helps!
I second all of these suggestions. I''ve also had luck using a facial scrub win benzoyl peroxide in it (the kind you use for acne) and also facial astringent.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did you know that both VS and Fredericks are on line?
31.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Soooo many ooompa loompa jokes (dirty ones, too!
31.gif
), so little time!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
rubbing alcohol?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
ooohweeee. I so wish we could see those pics HH!
9.gif
Of your b-session, not your orange hands. Try doing the benzoyl peroxide scrub. My friend spray tans all the time and she said that sometimes works (I asked her for ya
2.gif
)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 10:47:54 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Did you know that both VS and Fredericks are on line?
31.gif

Yes, but unfortunately there isn''t time (pics are tomorrow). I found some cute thigh-highs (just plain with lace tops) and sexy seamed hose at Macy''s and then found the fishnet thigh highs at H&M.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 12:37:08 PM
Author: Bia
ooohweeee. I so wish we could see those pics HH!
9.gif
Of your b-session, not your orange hands. Try doing the benzoyl peroxide scrub. My friend spray tans all the time and she said that sometimes works (I asked her for ya
2.gif
)

I''m doing a big mix of pictures, so I''m sure there will be plenty that are appropriate for PS...The photog also has a blog site and often posts recent pics there (with the person''s permission of course) so I could always refer you all there. Weee! I''m so excited! I''m off to have my brows threaded at 4:15!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Watch out y''all!
31.gif

(Can''t wait
36.gif
)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just had my brows threaded...wow....the woman was fantastic! I''ve always had them waxed but a friend recommended her to me. It was quick and almost painless! Waaay less painful than waxing and I''m not red either!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 4:55:44 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
So I just had my brows threaded...wow....the woman was fantastic! I've always had them waxed but a friend recommended her to me. It was quick and almost painless! Waaay less painful than waxing and I'm not red either!
Are you seious?!?!?!?! In Dubai/India no one waxes eyebrows (people haven't even heard of it, they look at me like I'm crazy when I ask if they can wax instead!!), it's always threading and I HATE it! It's so painful!! I so much more prefer getting my brows waxed, but dont have much of a choice when i'm visiting family.

That said, it does last longer when you thread than wax. Tooooo much pain for me to do it regularly though!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What about trying vinegar which is a weak solution of acetic acid. That might shift it?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Mr. Clean magic eraser, I swear there is nothing it won''t clean. I had the same issue around my wedding last year- this was the quickest and easier solution.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is.... Phew!

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were going express some indignation about the decor at your venue (!)...

Or worse, about decor that you were hoping we could help you find for your wedding!
23.gif

So glad I was wrong!
3.gif

I hope you're able to shed those orange palms before the photo shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results