shape
carat
color
clarity

Orange and Maroon Effect

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Virginia Tech family members across the country have united to declare
this Friday, April 20th, an "Orange and Maroon Effect" day to honor
those killed in the tragic events on campus Monday, and to show support
for Virginia Tech students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, and
friends. We invite everyone from all over the country to be a part of
the Virginia Tech family this Friday, to wear orange and maroon to
support the families of those who were lost, and to support the school
and community we all love so much.

I really hope everyone can try. Even if it is just a ribbon. I am in northern va and it is so good to see everyone getting ready for tomorrow. It is bittersweet but comforting to see everyone pull together.

hokie-hope.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for posting indecisive!!! My whole family is joining in from VA to NJ as well!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so great! My friends here all the way to my friends in Washington state are going to be hokies tomorrow!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got an orange and white striped polo from American Eagle and I''ll be wearing it tomorrow in support of V.Tech, those who lost their lives, and all of their family members, friends, and acquaintances. If this had happened at my alma mater I would hope people across the country would do the same, I think this is a wonderful idea for a show of support and hopefully many people decide to take part, it will be a huge way to send of message of hope to all involved.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
We all started wearing our Hokie ribbons at the hospital today.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Got my Hokie gear cued up to wear after my shower! Proudly will wear it!
1.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I got to "talk" with one of my friends last night that was in the Corps and a Highty Tighty... he's currently stationed in Korea and he said he broke dress code yesterday (since he is a day ahead) and wore a maroon shirt under his uniform. So this is an around the world thing as well...

I am SOOO happy to see most people I work with made some sort of effort to wear O&M... many have the ribbons I made on too! The Metro had a good showing as well.

Thank you to those of you participating where ever you are too!!!
emlove.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to let you guys know that my family and I are with you today. We are from the Baltimore/DC area and my best friend''s husband is a proud VT grad...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually have a va tech baseball cap that i will be wearing today.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
..and for my PS Hokies...my ribbon is attached to my Maroon Sweatshirt by my "Diamond In The Web" pin.
1.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I hope everyone really is doing this. I''m from rural Virginia originally (in NYC for college right now), and something like that is absolutely unimaginable. Thank goodness it''s actually warm here in NYC today, as my only orange is a tank top. I have red hair, so there isn''t really much orange and maroon in my wardrobe. I guess my hair could always count.

2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Also, Governor Kaine (VA) is calling for a moment of silence at 12:00.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results