shape
carat
color
clarity

Options instead of Father & Daughter Dance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies. I''ve been MIA for a while dealing with my dad''s illness, etc. So I''m about 5 weeks out from my wedding, and I need your help in coming up with some ideas for something special I can do with my dad instead of a father daughter dance. For a little bit of background, my dad was diagnosed with brain cancer back in January. He''s had a lot of complications and I''m just thankful that at this point it looks like he''ll even be able to make it to the wedding. It''s been really questionable for a while. So anyway, he is currently using a wheelchair, so he won''t be able to dance with me. We''ve talked about doing a father daughter dance since I was really little- so I want to do something else with him. Unfortunately, I can''t come up with any good ideas so that''s where you come in. What else can I do? Thanks in advance for your help
emsmile.gif

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
sap, what about instead of a dance, you choose the song that you would have used for a dance, and during that time you can show a montage of photos of you with your dad at different times in your life? you can sit beside him and enjoy looking through the memories, with the music playing in the background.

i just attended my future sister-in-law''s wedding this saturday and she danced with her father to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw (performed by a great wedding band).

462436208208_0_ALB.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i was just having this conversation with a friend on saturday! her dad was in a wheelchair at her wedding, and she told me she just sat on his lap and he popped a few wheelies on the dancefloor. she said everyone in there, primarily her and her father, were sobbing, and it was very sweet.

the slideshow is also a really good idea!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your father.

Date: 6/2/2008 11:06:03 AM
Author: kellybelly
sap, what about instead of a dance, you choose the song that you would have used for a dance, and during that time you can show a montage of photos of you with your dad at different times in your life? you can sit beside him and enjoy looking through the memories, with the music playing in the background.

I think this is a lovely idea. Especially if you can finish with a picture of you, your father and your FI together, maybe?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I love the slideshow idea, it is great. I also love the idea of sitting on his lap, that is so cute.
4.gif
I know I''d be sobbing, but I''m a softy, hehe. I am sorry it won''t be like you had always planned, but I am so glad your Dad will be there to share this day with you. I will keep him in my prayers.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I think the slideshow sounds very promising. Would it be wierd if there was only a slideshow of my dad and I and not a separate one of FI and I? We were thinking of doing the slideshows during the rehearsal dinner...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results