shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions pleeeze

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Just received my new setting today after replacing a setting of 25+ years. Adjusting to a new setting is a little hard! Is it just my need to adjust to a lower profile or is the diamond set a bit too low? I feel as if I should be able to see the culet as I did previously. The diamond is far from perfect but it is dear to me. Many thanks. image_1201.jpg image_1200.jpg image_1203.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, the diamond appears to be set high. It's just that the setting has a lot of diamonds and detail on the base of the head, which means you don't see the culet of the diamond. It looks really pretty! You need to take more pictures and post them!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the diamond is set exactly where it should be in this particular setting ... FWIW I think your ring is just gorgeous, and the setting is particularly beautiful.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the diamond is set where it is supposed to be. If seeing the culet is really important to you, then that's probably not the right setting for you.

That's a gorgeous setting and the ring looks fabulous.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all. I just got the ring yesterday and need time to adjust after wearing my old ring day in and day out for decades. The diamond was set very differently and I keep expecting to look down and see what I am accustomed to. The photos yesterday were heinous. Here's some new ones.

_6220.jpeg

_6221.jpeg

_6222.jpeg

_6223.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is simply lovely - enjoy!!

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, it is beautiful!

I agree with the others - it is not set too low. I would consider this setting to be a type that is the opposite of low profile.

I know what you mean about going through an adjustment period, though.

Enjoy your ring!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun, my old setting and the new one. Same diamond.

img_13206.jpg

img_13207.jpg

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
The new setting is beautiful and your diamond looks perfect in it.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely in the new setting! :love: It's probably just that it's so different after looking at it for years in the old setting. Wear it for awhile then see if it feels more comfortable once the newness wears off. I think it's beautiful as is! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
that new setting looks great. I wouldn't change how it's set. It looks great as is. Might just take some getting used to.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the kind reassurance! The decision to change the setting was very, very spontaneous and I just need to adjust to a very pretty but different look.I didn't realize I was so sentimental about my old 80's setting!! So unlike me. I usually love new bling.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! If you are sentimental about the old setting, just get a colored gemstone the same size as the diamond and have it set in the old setting and size it for your other hand!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker, what a wonderful thought! I have some gemstone rings and pendants and I wear them quite often. I took a trip into the world of colored stones a while back and love all the goodies I collected. Unfortunately, my budget suffered tremendoulsy and I had to wean myself from my addiction!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new setting is at the perfect height...it's really beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results