shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I went to see my parents for the weekend and we mocked up one of the centrepieces.

What do you think?

Should the fruit be higher in the bowl? Other suggestions?

(we tried putting more ivy round the top of the bowl and it just looked confusing and wrong).

There are fairy lights wound round the base and up into the bowl.

Picture 1:

panfruitcp.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here's one I took this morning.

The flowers are a mock-up we did with loads of silk ones so we can give them to the guy buying the flowers from the wholesaler so he knows what I mean by orange and yellow.

The dress is the flowergirls - not finished yet, but wanted to see the colour with the rest:

panfruitcp1.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Close up:

panfruitcp2.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m not allowed real candles, but I wondered if having 3 of those battery ones in votives round the base would be a good idea.

As the wedding is in 8 weeks time, there will still be a lot of light, so not a huge need for light for light''s sake.

The linens, crockery etc will all be in plain white.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot, but I am wondering what it will look like without that pineapple. The pineapple is really not working for me. I like everything else with it-- just add more to compensate for the lost pineapple. I love the grape leaves in there. I'd do a couple more of those.

I'm pro-candle too.
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It looked weird without it, I tried it when I was trying to get the weight down - I must admit it does look odd with the dark background in the photos. I might try doing another mock-up using some of the very small pineapples so it doesn't look like a load of spikes sticking up.

(My poor parents have a load of fruit to stagger through this week now!)

I was tempted to spray the baskets gold, but I'm worrying that it might come off on the fruit!

Glad you agree on the candles.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can the pineapple be moved, tilted or sat higher? I think it needs something showing besides just it''s hair.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure about gold baskets. Hmm. I''m okay with them being green. If they bug you though, give it a try. Do the baskets screw off or anything? I wouldn''t worry about the spray on the fruit, too much.

Okay, can we tilt the pineapple? So it''s not sticking straight up in the middle of the basket? And maybe put it off to one side?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, issues with the pineapple. If you can tilt it or something? Maybe look for places that have fruit baskets for ideas on how to arrange it? I think the three fakey candles at the bottom will be nice.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m quite happy about the green baskets - my mother suggested the gold and I wasn''t too sure if it would look better or not.

I think tilting the pineapple will look better - or having it higher up.

Moving it to one side isn''t an option as the weight is an issue and they need to be balanced.

I bought the stands from a girl on ebay - she had the baskets planted up with spring bulbs and loads more ivy and wisteria on them - which I spent the weekend removing most of!

The stands are metal candle stands and the baskets are for hanging baskets and are wired on, so easy to remove. Battery fairy lights are hidding in amongst the ivy and the box is fixed underneath and painted so you can''t see them.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Gypsy on the pineapple. I''m also with her on the grape leaves. I don''t suppose there''s any practical way to replace the ivy with grape leaves?

The flowers are beautiful, and are going to look lovely against the colour of the flower girl''s dress. Will the bridesmaids be wearing the same colour?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I like the color of the baskets as they are! I also wonder what it would look like with just a smidge less ivy so the base peeks through more, and the base painted the same color as the basket rather than white. Or maybe the basket painted to match the base, if that works better. I agree with with those suggesting to raise and tilt the pineapple -- but all in all, they look great!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 9:28:34 PM
Author: pjean
I''m with Gypsy on the pineapple. I''m also with her on the grape leaves. I don''t suppose there''s any practical way to replace the ivy with grape leaves?

The flowers are beautiful, and are going to look lovely against the colour of the flower girl''s dress. Will the bridesmaids be wearing the same colour?
The grape leaves are from my mothers vine - we thought about doing grape leaves instead of the ivy, but most of the leaves are massive, only a few were as small as the ones in the basket and it didn''t work. It was a real shame as they have loads of bunches of tiny grapes on. But I can add in the smaller ones with the grapes. We looked at getting hops as well, but they aren''t available until September.
15.gif

The base of the basket is filled with rosemary and other herbs so they smell amazing and it gives the fruit a bed to lie on.

We''re going to use them for the main big decorations though.

The bridesmaids are all in the same colour as the flower girl, but their dresses are floor length - the oldest one is 12, so they''re all little bridesmaids. The dresses are in cotton voile so look quite summery and light - my mother is making them all.

I''m so glad you like the flowers against them - I love contrasting colours, but loads of people have told me that I ''can''t'' put orange, yellow and lavender together...
20.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 9:32:54 PM
Author: Octavia
I like the color of the baskets as they are! I also wonder what it would look like with just a smidge less ivy so the base peeks through more, and the base painted the same color as the basket rather than white. Or maybe the basket painted to match the base, if that works better. I agree with with those suggesting to raise and tilt the pineapple -- but all in all, they look great!
Thanks!

I was going to paint the bases black with a touch of gold, but they have a big crystal round the bases which is white inside so you couldn''t paint the whole thing and it means that spraying is out. Annoying as I think I''d have liked them in a darker colour more. Painting the basket is a good idea.

I''m going to try and raise the pineapple up more. I tried putting straw in to raise it, but the bits poking through looked wrong, so maybe if I try with more rosemary - I have 5 HUGE plants to cannibalise for them - the bits that poke out will look better. I totally agree that it needs to be tilted.

I''m going to go and look at Victorian/Georgian decorations as they used fruit a lot on stands and see how they did them.

Thanks you all so much for the advice - sometimes you look at things so much you can''t see the obvious problems yourself!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 8:28:02 AM
Author: Pandora II

I''m so glad you like the flowers against them - I love contrasting colours, but loads of people have told me that I ''can''t'' put orange, yellow and lavender together...
20.gif

Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results