shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this WF ACA diamond

catcav

Rough_Rock
wow! All of my fear relieved
Photo just can’t capture it. It’s a cloudy day here too. I’ll post again when the sun comes
Out. Thank you again for all of your advice and kind supportive words. It’s a beauty ♥️
40AA8AC0-46CD-41C4-8133-BC2263C91CB3.jpeg FABC0238-B328-47F6-9459-CE9AF4673FE1.jpeg 8B0CB5E8-EBB9-4943-BE7C-AA98F3487583.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful on you! Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look beautiful! Love it with your wedding band. What do you think of the J color?

catcav

Rough_Rock
wow! All of my fear relieved
Photo just can’t capture it. It’s a cloudy day here too. I’ll post again when the sun comes
Out. Thank you again for all of your advice and kind supportive words. It’s a beauty ♥️
40AA8AC0-46CD-41C4-8133-BC2263C91CB3.jpeg FABC0238-B328-47F6-9459-CE9AF4673FE1.jpeg 8B0CB5E8-EBB9-4943-BE7C-AA98F3487583.jpeg

Here’s a side by side Of new and old. New is J VS2, Old is H VVS1. I really can’t see a big color difference. It’s a great looking J!
0EC9343C-C334-4C9C-97D3-1CD136B169EE.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That looks absolutely fantastic! Congrats!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, your new ring is beautiful and good so well with your existing wedding band.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look beautiful! I love that setting with your band. You have doubled the carat weight and it is a fabulous size. Congrats on your new ring!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! The proportions are great on your hand, and such a nice size bump from your old stone. I'm curious about your ring size if you're willing to share.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring looks fantastic! That is a gorgeous stone!

catcav

Rough_Rock
So beautiful! The proportions are great on your hand, and such a nice size bump from your old stone. I'm curious about your ring size if you're willing to share.

Thank you! I am pleased w the proportion too. I was concerned about it looking like a good size. My hand is small but my fingers are thick.
I had meant to include my ring size is 8.25.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t worry. It will be stunning. Please let us know your thought when you are holding the ring in your hand. :)
And you just did!! Excellent!! Stunning! Looks wonderful on you!

jBright

Shiny_Rock
wow that thing is a beauty! congrats!

catcav

Rough_Rock
it has the fire, sparkle, and all the brilliance I could ask for. I drove in the car w it today... what a distraction on a sunny day Still trying to get a photo that really captures it’s quality.
914839C5-5B80-464D-88F8-C5F95CBF6EE6.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really beautiful! Love it with your band too. Congratulations!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! :love: You made great choices all round there. The proportions are perfect for your hand, it looks beautiful with your bands and the diamond is WOW!!! Now be careful driving! ;)2

catcav

Rough_Rock
I asked this question in another thread but haven’t gotten an answer hoping someone here can help me understand what I’m seeing in my diamond.

I’ve been wondering about mirroring of inclusions. Whatis the “effervescent” quality I see in my stone in it’s sparkle video and when I look up close through the side in good light. Would this be reflections of the cloud or the crystal? Is it common in a VS2 to see inclusion reflections Like that?
Mind clean... I never expected the power it could hold.
Diamond | 1.611 ct J VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Super Ideal Round Cut Loose Diamond AGS Certified | 4097166

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked this question in another thread but haven’t gotten an answer hoping someone here can help me understand what I’m seeing in my diamond.

I’ve been wondering about mirroring of inclusions. Whatis the “effervescent” quality I see in my stone in it’s sparkle video and when I look up close through the side in good light. Would this be reflections of the cloud or the crystal? Is it common in a VS2 to see inclusion reflections Like that?
Mind clean... I never expected the power it could hold.
Diamond | 1.611 ct J VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Super Ideal Round Cut Loose Diamond AGS Certified | 4097166

Define "effervescent" as it relates to a diamond. I've been on PS for 10+ years and have never heard this term associated with a diamond. Probably why you arent getting many/any answers.

Diamonds are graded face-up with a 10x loupe (so top-down only, not the sides).

You can read more about it here

Most videos are blown up way more than 10x so you will see more inclusions in a video than what the AGS (or GIA) grader will
see when determining clarity.

Hope that helps?

Edit...I usually buy SI1s so your diamond looks pretty amazing to me in the clarity department!

catcav

Rough_Rock
Define "effervescent" as it relates to a diamond. I've been on PS for 10+ years and have never heard this term associated with a diamond. Probably why you arent getting many/any answers.

Diamonds are graded face-up with a 10x loupe (so top-down only, not the sides).

You can read more about it here

Most videos are blown up way more than 10x so you will see more inclusions in a video than what the AGS (or GIA) grader will
see when determining clarity.

Hope that helps?

Edit...I usually buy SI1s so your diamond looks pretty amazing to me in the clarity department!

I only used effervescent bc Thats what it looks like to me. Little tiny bubbles like in champagne. I doNt know the correct term to describe it and haven’t found a Pictures of it anywhere when I’ve searched through education on inclusions.
Although now, dejawiz did answer and said it is probably “additional Clouds not shown” making the effect. Idk, I’m just a newbie in the diamond world :roll:

catcav

Rough_Rock
My WF rep did get back to me today w this explanation.
“It appears that the crystal inclusion which is plotted in the center of the diamond, is being reflected. This often occurs when we have an inclusion near a facet junction, as these facets act like little mirrors.“

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
watch the vid then look at this is image keeping in mind different areas light up as it moves with small flashes. sideways.jpg

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
It’s actually quite stunning right now on the cloudy evening in New England 07409185-B30B-4661-8AAD-103432FA64EB.png

Love it!! Which setting did you go with and are these the regular claw prongs (not petite?)

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow, you made a terrific choice! You went right to the top and picked the one that suits you best. Well done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results