shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK, I know the best way to judge this dress is to see me in it. But I could not sneak a pic at the salon.

I am having a wine country wedding in September in CA. I tried on a bunch of dresses, and this one looked really good on me. I really love the v-neck and the fit and flair skirt I am tall and thin with a small chest (5'9, 130 lbs, A cup), so I was not feeling the strapless dresses. I would consider myself a pear shape.

My question, does this dress seem too simple to you guys? Mind you, it does not come with the sash, that is extra.

rkvneckdress.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think for a wine country wedding, less is definitely more. I love it. I''m a fan of v-neck gowns. I say, if you love it and it looks good on you, it''s definitely a contender!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I think this dress is beautiful!! and I think it would be perfect for a wine country wedding...I think a simpler style would actually suit that location very well. I love the style of this dress, and though it isn''t heavily detailed, it is far from "plain". I think it is very elegant looking.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I live in a really small town, and there aren''t a lot of dresses out here. My dress shopping has to be very efficient. I am basically going out once more, than making a decision.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful! ;-) I would love to see what it looks like on you! The only concern I have is whether the train might get a bit dirty if it is an outside wedding. If it''s an indoor wedding its perfect!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. I am biased though since it would be very similar to my dress without the sash!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i think it''s lovely!

p.s. "grrrrr" to bridal shops that don''t allow photos.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely. Fresh clean and tailored. I love it.

See if you can find some Paloma Blanca gowns. They are some of my favorites.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:37:48 PM
Author: purelily
Its beautiful! ;-) I would love to see what it looks like on you! The only concern I have is whether the train might get a bit dirty if it is an outside wedding. If it''s an indoor wedding its perfect!!

Not that you need to, but you can always have the train cut off when the dress is made. Usually it''s an option.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a train and an outdoor wedding. No big deal. It gets dusty and dirty, but underneath. I wouldnt'' give up a train it''s a fun experience. That and the veil... they just make you feel SO special. At least, that''s how I felt.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think it is simply elegant and would be beautiful for a vineyard wedding :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Since it seems to have beading around the waist and is a shiny fabric, I don''t think it''s too simple at all. It''s lovely!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I love it... I think it''s sophisticated and would be perfect for wine country (very jealous of that location, by the way!).

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
It looks stunning! It also sounds like a dress that would complement your tall and slim body shape - simple and elegant.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is beautiful. It seems perfect for a vineyard wedding.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:25:03 AM
Author: lulu66
i think it''s lovely!

p.s. ''grrrrr'' to bridal shops that don''t allow photos.
Ditto.

Care to share the designer/style info? That looks exactly like the type of dress I plan on searching for whenever it is I start looking on dresses!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that looks gorgeous for a wine country wedding. You can always dress it up more if you feel the need with fancy accessories/a more elaborate veil, but you can''t simplify a complicated dress, KWIM? I think simple elegance is always a winner
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 10:20:15 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I think for a wine country wedding, less is definitely more. I love it. I''m a fan of v-neck gowns. I say, if you love it and it looks good on you, it''s definitely a contender!
+1

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very beautiful and perfect for wine country. I think it is simple, but not too simple. The fabric looks lux and I think once you have accessories and hair/makeup it would look really great. Too bad we can''t see you in it!

May I ask where you are getting married in wine country? I live in the SF Bay Area...so I''m just curious. I like wine country and I am still debating whether to go nor cal or so cal since we have family in both areas.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I''m also getting married at a winery in September so to me this fits the bill perfectly! Simple but so elegant.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:28:19 PM
Author: winelover23
I''m also getting married at a winery in September so to me this fits the bill perfectly! Simple but so elegant.

And you are getting married the day after me! Cool. You will probably be having your rehearsal when I am having my ceremony.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:12:38 PM
Author: cushionladyESQ
Very beautiful and perfect for wine country. I think it is simple, but not too simple. The fabric looks lux and I think once you have accessories and hair/makeup it would look really great. Too bad we can''t see you in it!

May I ask where you are getting married in wine country? I live in the SF Bay Area...so I''m just curious. I like wine country and I am still debating whether to go nor cal or so cal since we have family in both areas.

I was thinking assesories too. Give me an excuse to buy a killer necklace
31.gif

I was not going to give my venue (because the wedding date is published) but I guess it is not fair for me to ask for advise and not give it. I am getting married at Paradise Ridge Winery (www.prwinery.com). I also looked at Hans Fahden. I looked at Kunde (beautiful!!!), but the wedding person did not return any of my calls . I considered the Lodge at Sonoma, but the ceremony site is next the the artery road between Napa and Sonoma, and you can hear the cars.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:20:01 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think it''s beautiful. I am biased though since it would be very similar to my dress without the sash!

I think I have seen your dress. Love it!

I am not too worried about the outdoors thing. The ceremony is on cement and the reception is indoors.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! My BM loves it too. A top contender for sure.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous style!

cheers--Sharon

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/5/2010 7:52:00 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Date: 1/5/2010 4:12:38 PM

Author: cushionladyESQ

I was thinking assesories too. Give me an excuse to buy a killer necklace
31.gif

I was not going to give my venue (because the wedding date is published) but I guess it is not fair for me to ask for advise and not give it. I am getting married at Paradise Ridge Winery (www.prwinery.com). I also looked at Hans Fahden. I looked at Kunde (beautiful!!!), but the wedding person did not return any of my calls . I considered the Lodge at Sonoma, but the ceremony site is next the the artery road between Napa and Sonoma, and you can hear the cars.

Thank you for sharing. It is much appreciated. It does help for a visual when you can see the venue.

I looked at their online "brochure" and the place looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see your pictures some where down the line.
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I''m all about simple, classy, and most importantly, non-strapless. I''m also chestily challenged and love the V-neck look.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 2:35:39 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I love it! I''m all about simple, classy, and most importantly, non-strapless. I''m also chestily challenged and love the V-neck look.

Chestily challenged....I love that one!

So the salon that carries that line is 4 hours away from me (but one hour from my BF''s place which I got to a lot on the weekends)...but I think most of the dresses are going to be that far :(.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results