shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these two ACA's

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I'm in the process of currently upgrading my WF ACA 3.23 J IF for a 4.23 J VS1. My current stone is being verified by AGS. Of course, while I'm waiting, I keep looking at the other diamonds WF has and have started to wonder about their 4.05 H VS2.

I have been perfectly happy with my current J diamond - it don't notice a tint. But as I continue to get bigger I know a tint may become more obvious. Besides color, do the experts here have any opinions one way or the other between these two stones? I just want it to be big, bright and brilliant (sparkly).

I've asked Brittany to do some comparisons between the two. Appreciate any advice you could give.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
If color does not bother you, I would go with 4.23 one due to clarity and size. I prefer size and clarity over color but that is just me. The 4.048 seems to have a lot going on regarding clarity, especially on the table, and knowing me, I would be starring at it until I found every flaw (with my mind, that is). You can always upgrade one or the other some other time. If you prefer color, I would ask if 4.048 is eye-clean.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah...both beautiful! I can see why that J got your attention. I had each one of them up spinning in a separate window and forgot
which one was which as I switched back and forth. They both have really nice sparkle. If I just looked at them on paper (color/clarity/size)
knowing that they are both ACAs I would probably pick the H but for some reason, the J is really speaking to me. Unfortunately, I cant
put my finger on it. I'm sure my pocketbook would probably like the J better too!:lol:

Ask for a picture of them side-by-side. Do you think the J will bother you at this size? I'm thinking if it didnt bother you at 3.23
that you're just not color sensitive and that the bigger J wont bother you either (could be wrong though!) Good luck with this
decision!

Full disclosure...I own a 1.14 J ACA. I always thought I would either go slightly bigger and whiter (maybe I) or would go lots bigger
and go K. :twirl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah...both beautiful! I can see why that J got your attention. I had each one of them up spinning in a separate window and forgot
which one was which as I switched back and forth. They both have really nice sparkle. If I just looked at them on paper (color/clarity/size)
knowing that they are both ACAs I would probably pick the H but for some reason, the J is really speaking to me. Unfortunately, I cant
put my finger on it. I'm sure my pocketbook would probably like the J better too!:lol:

Ask for a picture of them side-by-side. Do you think the J will bother you at this size? I'm thinking if it didnt bother you at 3.23
that you're just not color sensitive and that the bigger J wont bother you either (could be wrong though!) Good luck with this
decision!

Full disclosure...I own a 1.14 J ACA. I always thought I would either go slightly bigger and whiter (maybe I) or would go lots bigger
and go K. :twirl:

I would definitely get side by side pics. I agree with @tyty333 that both are lovely, and I am also drawn to the J.

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
So the folks at WF are too fast and have already set the 4.23 J VS1 diamond. They did take a faceup picture with the H stone and a 5ct J for comparison. I'm actually feeling really good about my first choice - and much happier about the inclusion plot vs the H stone.

Normally I'm a platinum gal but I'm testing the waters with a basic yellow gold setting to see if I want to go that route with a permanent setting.

Mine is the one in the middle!

HAND_4.048-4.23-5.036.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the folks at WF are too fast and have already set the 4.23 J VS1 diamond. They did take a faceup picture with the H stone and a 5ct J for comparison. I'm actually feeling really good about my first choice - and much happier about the inclusion plot vs the H stone.

Normally I'm a platinum gal but I'm testing the waters with a basic yellow gold setting to see if I want to go that route with a permanent setting.

Mine is the one in the middle!

HAND_4.048-4.23-5.036.jpg

I LOVE yours!!!!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous and so huge! I hope you love it. I am currently in the process of selecting prongs for my setting. It's a little hard for me to tell from the pic, are those the petite claw or rounded? Did you ask for any modifications? They look very delicate and refined.

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
Thank you! This is just their classic 6 prong setting as I'm not sure what I want for a permanent setting and wanted "test" myself with yellow gold. As much as I love platinum, I think yellow gold looks better on my skin tone.

I admit to not loving the prongs on the classic 6 prong, but I asked them to do what they could to make them more delicate and "claw" like and although its hard to really tell in the photo, they look pretty good!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, that is helpful! Those look very nice. I don't mean to thread jack, but do they ever catch on anything?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely @theshirlgirlNS ! I'm not very color sensitive so from the top, from the photo, I'm* just not seeing a big difference.
I'm sure in person I could probably tell but I'm thinking it wouldnt bother me.

Pics when you get it and let us know your thoughts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results