shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these fancy yellow elongated cushions?

nukelover

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here, hoping for some opinions on a couple fancy yellow diamonds that I'm looking at. My hubby and I want to upgrade my wedding ring after 10 years of marriage! (We made it! whoo!) :) I am looking for a fancy yellow cushion, elongated - preferably more rectangular, between 1.5 - 2 carats with a fairly high clarity rating. I have an eagle eye for inclusions, so I'm hoping to not go below VS1. I REALLY want some sparkle and fire above else. I like larger, chunkier facets but I'm not even sure that's possible with what I'm looking at. :) I would like to have it custom set into a dainty diamond halo with yellow gold prongs on a thin pave band. My budget for the entire ring is about $10k.

Stone #1 at James Allen. I really like the even color and sparkle of this guy. I'm not sure if this sparkles so much due to the video quality or what, but it definitely caught my eye! A little concerned about how narrow it is, when compared to the other option, but with a halo, I think it could still work.

Stone #2 at Leibish. I like the *slightly* wider spread on this one, even though it's technically smaller. It has higher clarity, but I see more inclusions in the GIA report. The video quality at Leibish isn't nearly as impressive. Priced at $7675.00

I've attached an example of the ring style (and the color of yellow diamond I like) that I am hoping to create myself. I have considered dropping down into a fancy light yellow or lower grading in an attempt to get a larger stone, but I worry about it being too light.

Attachments

• 20191111_180622.jpg
    20191111_180622.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: AV_

nukelover

Rough_Rock
I forgot the GIA reports!

Attachments

• document(1).pdf
    626.5 KB · Views: 22
  • cert.jpeg
    cert.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 21

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think if your setting is white gold or platinum and your halo melee are all F or above, then a Fancy Light Yellow could well be yellow enough. Diamonds by Lauren have so many to look at, even if to compare the yellowness. If you're after that super canary yellow though then I think it's worth finding a smaller stone. It will look amazing in a halo even if only one carat.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the JA stone is really pretty. I dont care for the leibish stone because it has some leakage outside the table on the E/W and N/S ends.

I would talk to DBL also. Show him what you found/like and see if he has something or can find you something.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll add another vote to contact Diamonds by Lauren. Selecting colored diamonds is harder than white ones. They are cut, first, for color retention -- then performance. If you want both, its a needle in the haystack. I think the JA has potential. They don't own that stone and DBL may be able to obtain more information about it from the listing service and help you with alternatives.

This one strikes me. http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/135ct-yellow-vs1-cushion-diamond-r8843

This is smaller than your goal, but I kinda love it uniqueness. http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...-si1-cushion-modified-brilliant-diamond-r7506

Q

Queenie60

Agree with the others - contact David @Rockdiamond - Diamonds by Lauren. He has a great eye for colored stones and has some beauties! Good luck to you.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
:appl:fantastic!! Please come share your top picks with us... nothing we like better!! Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results