shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on the following diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphall

Rough_Rock
GIA graded
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.95-6.99 x 4.14mm
Carat Weight: 1.22
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 59.4%
Table: 59%
Crown Angle: 33.5%
Crown Height: 13.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX
Flour: None

quoted: $8,700

I''m worried a bit about the large table size and shallow crown height. I''m going to view it today, and it sounds pretty nice on paper. I just want to make sure the professionals think so too. ;-) Thanks all!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be very nice. Good spread.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You may find it appealing, some people prefer these dimendions. I''d ask to compare it to some other ideal (a hair deeper, table a tad smaller) cuts in that size and see what you think. Your eyes trump everything!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a similar stone and yours could also be very nice. The pavillion angle and depth are spot-on.

Chances are it''ll look nice and brilliant face-up.

The only potential downsides from my research online into shallow diamonds are the body may look darker in direct lighting or viewed up close due to the head shadow. The up-side is nice spread.

Please post an IS or other pictures and let us know what your stone is like. Shallow/shallow stones need to be viewed in person.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like a smaller table, but if you like white and bright diamonds you might reallly like this stone. The thin girdle might be a slight worry on this stone that you would want to have an appraiser check out for durability problems.

aphall

Rough_Rock
Well, I went to take a look at this diamond, and I like it a lot. On an IS, I can see near perfect hearts and arrows, unfortunately, I don't have one personally that I can take a picture with and post here. Thank you all for your response.

I did notice that the diamond looked a bit dark because of my head shadow. I'll need to do a comparison like someone else has mentioned. Is the combination really shallow/shallow though? I can see the crown angle is shallow, but the pavilion angle looks spot on.

Also, would this make a good engagement ring diamond? Or is it more of a pendant or earring diamond due to it's measurements?

Thanks again!

aphall

Rough_Rock
That''s a good point Gary. I guess I was taking the shallow/shallow information too literally with the head shadow thing. Does $8,700 seem like a reasonable price on this diamond?
33.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-160982.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-56623.htm
http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia13697758/index.htm

Here are some that will cost close to $8700 give or take with the PS discount . . .
They are ALL very well cut and are G color but should be beautiful. Just some food for thought.
There are many more really well cut stones if your budget can go up to $9000 that are all 1.2 or bigger with G VS2 or better and ideal cuts . . .

aphall

Rough_Rock
Thanks hikerchick.
1.gif
Looks like I''m getting a fair price on my stone. I''ll be paying for the stone this Thursday.... *sweaty palms*....

This might seem like a silly question, but can ideal scopes only be purchased online? Or can I walk into a shop and pick one up?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
only if you''re in Philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results