shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Square H&A Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g00mba

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for opinions on this Square H&A from GoG. Please comment!

0.95 E VS2

Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.97%
Culet: None
GIA Report: 14779112
Width: 5.61mm
Length: 5.63mm
Depth: 3.98mm
Table: 56.84%
Depth: 70.98%
Crown depth: 15.27%
Pavilion Depth: 43.40%

DiamXray, Microscopic pics, GIA Lab report, Sarin Report (which I don’t really know how to read well), GIA FacetWare, Gem Advisor, GemEx Report are all available here:

Square H&A Link

It is priced around $6700 so let me know what you think... Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Thanks in advance!
Jon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi g00mba,

I'm far from an expert, but it looks beautiful. The only thing that made me go hmmm, was the girdle. It goes from very thin to extremely thick. Now I know girdles are different on these, so it may be fine, I don't know. I would ask Jon or Tim about it, and maybe someone on here will chime in.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock

Ellen

The square hearts and arrows is cut with the same facet structure as a round brilliant causing 4 Chevron type facets to be part of the girdle, Its nothing to worry about,its part of the design.

The specs on this GOG diamond look excellent to me

Johan

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 9:03:06 PM
Author: mdx

Ellen

The square hearts and arrows is cut with the same facet structure as a round brilliant causing 4 Chevron type facets to be part of the girdle, Its nothing to worry about,its part of the design.

Johan
Thanks Johan.

I think the part that bothered me most was the "very thin". Would it not be a worry with chipping?

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous to me!!! Love, Love, Love the icy white "E"!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The arrow placement on the square H&A diamonds are situated so that the prongs will fall between them (rather than on top of them)- They are the cats meow!!!

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
I love square H&As - looks great.

To Ellen''s point - the only place the girdle can be very thin is in the corners (which is not necessarily the case with other square shapes), which is right where the setting prongs would go. You should defintely check with Tim / Kon to see what they think about it.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 9:06:59 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/16/2007 9:03:06 PM
Author: mdx

Ellen

Johan
Thanks Johan.

I think the part that bothered me most was the ''very thin''. Would it not be a worry with chipping?

Sorry Ellen
28.gif

I thought you where referring to the thick side.

With this design the reference to thin is a bit misleading, the durability is very good.

We have sold a large number of these without ever an issue.
The manufacturer is also in our opinion one of the world’s best with excellent QC systems.
Regards
Johan

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a fabulous stone!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about square h&a stones, but it sure looks like a lovely stone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
rj and Johan, thanks for elaborating.

Since I am so unfamiliar with them, I had a look at several on Jon''s site. All but one had girdles that started at thin, not very thin.

So while it may indeed be fine, I''d still recommend checking with GOG on it. Even though the prong would cover the thinnest part, I guess I personally would still worry if the prong got whacked hard, it would be at more risk.

Other than that, it looks gorgeous, love squares!

g00mba

Rough_Rock
I would have responded sooner, but St. Patty''s day got the best of me
31.gif

Thank you all for your comments. If you have any more please share them. I will bring up the thin girdle at the corners concern with Tim.

~Jon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results