shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on side stones please - buying this week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbuyer1

Rough_Rock
I need your opinions before I confirm with my gf that this is the setting she wants and finalize the purchase. I''ve attached a photo.

This is the type of setting I think my gf wants. Her ring size is 4.5 (I think!) We may modify this setting to make it 6 prongs. Centre stone is in the 1.3 range. I''m going to get a matching band with 5 diamonds 0.04 ct.

Opinions - for the e-ring I will have either 2 or 3 sidestones on each side that are 0.04 ct. each. I was originally going to put 2 on each side but have been thinking maybe it would look better with 3. What are your opinions?

Thanks.

ring option 1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This type of setting is very popular, and I'd highly recommend getting one that is already designed so that you know what you are getting. Here's a good example from Whiteflash:

/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

I think this head is far prettier than the one in the picture you posted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One other issue is that it will not look right for the wedding band to have a narrower span of diamonds than the e-ring. So I don''t think 5 stones will look right in the wedding band. For example, in the picture I posted with a total of 8 stones set in the band and the center stone in the middle, you''d likely need 10-11 stones in the wedding band to have it be the right width.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results