shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on light performance of cushion (ASET/Gemex incl)

ferrix924

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I've been a lurker on the forums for a while and I have to say, this site has been very helpful in my diamond/engagement ring search. I've found a diamond that seems interesting - GIA certified cushion modified brilliant, 2.55 carat, E color, VS2 clarity, 62% table%, 69% depth %, excellent polish and symmetry, and no fluorescence.

I've seen it in person once but I'm a picky person and I'm not convinced by the light performance. Can anyone provide their opinions on whether this diamond has good light performance or not?

On the Gemex, it came up: brilliance -> medium/high; fire -> very high; -> sparkle -> very high;

I have attached the ASET scope image. Unfortunately, I have to make a decision today so any thoughts are helpful! In case it helps, the diamond is going for ~$26,000.

I appreciate the help in advance.

ferrix924

Rough_Rock
Re: Opinions on light performance of cushion (ASET/Gemex inc

diamond_80.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Modern cushions rarely compete with well cut rounds for light performance, unfortunately. This diamond looks okay from a cut standpoint if the recipient desires a modern cushion.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think based on that aset, I would have to pass on this stone. It's not all that bad but for $26k I would want more red and not
so much gray around the edge of the table.

Edit...how low on color can you go? I'm looking around to see what I can find.

ferrix924

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the replies. I'm iffy on it but its not bad for the specs.

Ty - I want to stay colorless so F is the lowest. Flexible on clarity down to SI1 as long as its eye clean of course. Does anyone have any thoughts on value?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results