shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 3 carat RB CAD please…

sparklesforever

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I’m so exciting that I just received the CAD renderings for my new engagement ring design and would love to hear your thoughts on the design, proportions, etc. As shown, the center stone is 3 carats (already purchased), and the side stones are 0.2 carats each. Note that the prong size is exaggerated in the pics and will be ground down substantially.

I’m trying to decide whether to make the side stones a bit smaller (0.15 carats each) and whether there should be a better transition between the side stones and the center stone (without making it a cathedral style).

Please let me know what you think. All comments welcomed!! Thanks in advance!

1652668853624.jpeg

1652668882092.jpeg

1652668901081.jpeg

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I prefer smaller side stones so they don’t detract from the center stone. Other than that, I think it’ll be a beautiful piece!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer the smaller side stones to allow the center to pop a little more.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since your asking, yes I would make the side stones smaller.
Also I really find the transition from head to shank jarring and not smooth.

ValentineBling

Rough_Rock
Stunning. Looks smashing on you!!
I do agree with pp that smaller stones will make your main stone pop even more!
I have a .25 and a .35 6 stone diamond band and feel that 0.20 might be a bit big for an e-ring x

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whats going on in the center area where the head attaches to the shank? It doesn't look like your CAD but it could just be the
image is too blurry to tell. Looks like a lot of metal in that area. It also looks like it sets up pretty high. Your CAD doesn't have
numbers/height? Have you asked?

sparklesforever

Rough_Rock
Whats going on in the center area where the head attaches to the shank? It doesn't look like your CAD but it could just be the
image is too blurry to tell. Looks like a lot of metal in that area. It also looks like it sets up pretty high. Your CAD doesn't have
numbers/height? Have you asked?

Hi there… This design has been modified since the CAD above to make the transition from head to shank more smooth (per one of the prior posts above!). So, yes there is more metal there and the height is needed to accommodate an eternity band of a size similar to the stones on the shank so that it is flush with the e-ring. Here’s a clearer pic… The casting has been made! 1659586025291.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results