shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on Playroom Curtains!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there guys! :wavey:

I am in process of putting together my 17 month old sons playroom. We went to Ikea and got a bunch of organizers etc. It is a small room that also includes my downstairs changing table. Anyways, I really want your opinion on which color curtains you like best. Now, just so you know my taste...I am a pottery barn, modern/traditional decorating type. I tend to stick to neutrals but use pops of color. I am not afraid of color though at all. My hubby keeps reminding me that this is a "kids" room so I am trying to keep it fun but still to my taste level. Anywho, what's your vote for curtain color? Dark blue, aqua, or stripe.

IMG_3035ps.jpg

IMG_3036ps.jpg

IMG_3037ps.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Stripe ALL THE WAY! :love: :love: :love:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DEFINITELY the stripes!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't think I'd say this, but I actually like the dark blue the best, but they all look good.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for everyones votes!

Puppmom and Bella, I actually am leaning towards the stripes as well, but I wasn't sure if it was too matchy matchy. But I think it is really fun! Thanks for posting!

Partgypsy, it is funny because when I bought all of these I thought I was going to like the dark blue best too but for some reason, when I am standing in the room, it now seems a bit too dark for me. Thanks for your thoughts!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm diggin the stripes best!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
So, I'm going to be difficult and say i think you should combine the stripes and the light blue in some form.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Packrat and Jennifer W, thanks for your vote! I think stripes are by far the leader of the pack here!

Pennquaker, you bring up a very interesting idea!!!! I am going to give that combo a try later and post some pics for you guys to see and get your feedback. My only concern is that the striped curtain and the solid curtains are different materials so we will see how they look together! Thanks for stopping by!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I like Penn's idea of the stripe with the blue. Just food for thought, but are you absolutely set on panels? I know my 2 year old would do fine with panels in our playroom, but my 7 month old would not stay away from them and would probably end up pulling them down. Just something to think about if you're thinking of having another....when they get to the fun crawl everywhere, pull up on everything stage panels are a total PITA. We have a roman shade in our play room. Whatever you decide, post a pic when you have them up! ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
STRIPES!! I love it, looks fun but also chic in my opinion.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I like the stripes (and I'm not normally a stripe person). The aqua was second. For some reason the blue just looks too dark for a play room.

And I agree about the length, I bet my 19 month old would be swinging from the curtains the minute I put them up. I'm going with wood blinds and a valance for our play room because of that.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Burk said:
I like Penn's idea of the stripe with the blue. Just food for thought, but are you absolutely set on panels? I know my 2 year old would do fine with panels in our playroom, but my 7 month old would not stay away from them and would probably end up pulling them down. Just something to think about if you're thinking of having another....when they get to the fun crawl everywhere, pull up on everything stage panels are a total PITA. We have a roman shade in our play room. Whatever you decide, post a pic when you have them up! ;-)

Thanks Burk! You bring up a good point about the panels. My son is pretty "house trained" with the panels because I have them throughout my house and the most he does with them is hide and then play peek a boo. But having said that, I'm sure that not all of his little friends will be as accustomed to them. I originally fell in love with that stripe which led me to buying the curtains, lamp, pillows to match. Anyways, food for thought....

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, thanks for your vote! I think I have also decided I like the stripes best as well!!!! I just put up some fun decals on the wall. I will post pics when it is all done!

Mustang, I am going to post pics with the aqua blue and stripe together and I think it looks nice, but the aqua curtain is very heavy because it is a blackout curtain, so it doesn't allow much light thru, which sucks. I want to keep the room as bright as possible so I am leaning towards just doing the lightweight stripes.

Anyways, here's some pics of that combo....

IMG_3050ps.jpg

IMG_3051ps.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Stripes first, followed by dark blue as a close second. The stripes are a bit more "fun" though!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:
Stripes first, followed by dark blue as a close second. The stripes are a bit more "fun" though!

Thanks El! I think I am loving the stripes too! I think my son likes them too because he started clapping when I put them up. I may have a winner!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the stripes but think they are a bit short.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tacori, thanks for your vote! Yes, they are a little short. Unfortunately, the longest length panels are still not long enough in my home. Not sure why because it is a new home, so you'd think a standard size would work. Only way is if I go custom and I refuse to or do some sewing myself which I am not good at, so I deal with it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the stripes. Maybe also add in a rug to increase color to the room? It doesn't have to be a fancy one from Pottery Barn. Something inexpensive that you can swap out if juice gets spilled on it.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
I like the stripes. Maybe also add in a rug to increase color to the room? It doesn't have to be a fancy one from Pottery Barn. Something inexpensive that you can swap out if juice gets spilled on it.

Thanks MC! It's funny you mentioned a rug because I also bought the one that matches the stripes pattern. It all came from Target (lamp, pillows, rug, curtains) so they were very reasonably priced for sure. Only thing is that the rug that matches it is literally like the size of a welcome door mat. It is really small. So I need to figure out a way to include it. Maybe in front of the bookcase or under the table/chairs set from Ikea. This is the link to the rug. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...=B002XSAJ3K&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B002XSAJ3K Let me know what you think!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My bad! I meant combined as in a sewing project to make them longer.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I like the dark blue. I think it 'grounds' the lighter (more fun) colour quite nicely. Makes for a good balance, IMO.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the stripes! I love the colors.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your votes! I ended up sticking with the stripes and returned the solids. Once the playroom is complete, I will post pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results