shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions about asschers for eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
hi,
my 18yr old college daughter just saw her dad last night as he drives through her college town to chicago every week and they have dinner...anyway, he mentioned our 20th anniversary next month...my daughter told me on the qt to come up with some ideas(gotta love GOOD kids like that
36.gif

i am suddenly infatuated with asscher cut stones. i already have a 3-sided bead set round stones, about 2.84 tw i wear as my wedding ring. i also own a princess cut diamond and sapphire half eternity band(much less sparkly). i have custom diamond earrings and i heart diamond pendant(which i wear daily) and the tcw of diamond bracelet i want is probably out of the budget right now
i thought maybe having an asscher 3/4 eternity band would be something new and different from what i am accustomed to.
any suggestions or thoughts, asscher owners? are the smaller asschers as unique and impressive as the much larger, gorgeous solitaires i see here?
thank you for any ideas or opinions. this is such fun reading for a weary mom of five. what a wonderful forum. thank you!

skimmy

Rough_Rock
i''ve been lusting after one for awhile...
according to my jeweler, the minimum size you can go for a full cut asscher is .10carats.
has anyone else heard that too?

baguettes can be made smaller, have a similar look and were priced cheaper according to the quote
she gave me.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''d check Signed Pieces. I''ve never seen a small asscher in person so i don''t know how it would look...Beautiful I''d bet! Here''s a link for shared prong style (not eternity) http://www.signedpieces.com/search.cfm?item_category=FDW&style_number_id=40 They have many to choose from in full eternity (I think) and in white gold or platinum. What a fun project!!!! And happy 20th!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is my opinion...perhaps not all agree... I think when asschers are very small, they start to look ''busy'' and lose the "bottomless well" look that makes asschers so special.

I''d probably prefer square step cuts...sometimes called "carre cut" stones. These are like square baguettes, or asschers without clipped corners, hence no windmills.

Here''s here''s an example offered by DBF:

widget

carre cut band.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and just for fun, here''s Didiamond''s humongous asscher eternity band.

(Obviously, a band like this, with larger asschers, would do just fine!
9.gif
)

newdidiband.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:34:13 PM
Author: widget
Well, this is my opinion...perhaps not all agree... I think when asschers are very small, they start to look ''busy'' and lose the ''bottomless well'' look that makes asschers so special.

I''d probably prefer square step cuts...sometimes called ''carre cut'' stones. These are like square baguettes, or asschers without clipped corners, hence no windmills.

Here''s here''s an example offered by DBF:

widget
i do agree widget.

but...if that''s what you want snowflakeluvr, then you should get it. i know it''s a ''mind'' thing when you want something and even if the asschers don''t have that mile deep look, you will still know you have your band of asschers.
2.gif

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
well, you''ve settled it for me...i''ll take the honker above the asscher band on that pic! wowza-gorgeous. the asscher eternity band looks pretty darn good too... thank you all for your help. i will investigate the carre cut a little further. i really appreciate the input from such a knowledgeable group! thank you
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:43:39 PM
Author: snowflakeluvr
well, you''ve settled it for me...i''ll take the honker above the asscher band on that pic!
1.gif
LOL....wouldn''t we all!!!!!

widget

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are very beautiful. However, they are not what I would call very blingy or flashy. They don''t sparkle as much as rounds. I would describe them as elegant.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Happy 20th
36.gif
I think in an eternity, they aren''t as sparkly as rounds and really might be too small to appreciate. What you could do is try one on from a vendor with a great return policy and see if you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results