shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on this idealscope?

fofolala

Rough_Rock
2.5 K SI2

Even with the reference chart, I don't really know how to interpret an idealscope image.
Can someone help me?

Thanks!
fofo

1049190.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's not the "cleanest" idealscope image I've ever seen. It looks to have minimal leakage though but may have some darker areas
In the center? Can you post a link to the real images of the stone?
What are the numbers on the stone? I think IRL it is probably fine but I'd like more info.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1465418645|4041825 said:
Well, it's not the "cleanest" idealscope image I've ever seen. It looks to have minimal leakage though but may have some darker areas
In the center? Can you post a link to the real images of the stone?
What are the numbers on the stone? I think IRL it is probably fine but I'd like more info.
+1
The diamond is definitely tilted in the image. It is not a well taken IS.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clarity is based on the clouds that are not shown. I can definitely see dusty clouds from an angle.
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/diamond-cloud-inclusions-impact-on-diamond-sparkle-1372.htm

In addition, I am not too thrilled by those skinny arrows. I expect the actual lower girdle length is more like 82%. Fire and sparkle may be compromised due to deduction in contrast, although this is subjective. Some like long lower girdle length and small pin fire it produces; some like bold fire from shorter lower girdle length.

Ask for gemologist's opinion. I would proceed with caution.

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your candid answer.

I've read about the SI2 concerns with clouds not shown.
This JA diamond is based in India. As a result, they could not give me a gemologist opinion of it. Getting the IS image was a battle too.

I've taken the risk (of having to return it) and ordered the diamond. I'll need to see it in person to decide if it negatively impacts the light performance. It may not end up being the right stone, but the only way I'll ever know is seeing it in person. Wish me luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results