shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on some Pear Shapes Diamonds. Help please!

handyy83

Rough_Rock
need some help with this.

I’m planing to pop the question with a stone set on a 5 prong solitaire. Would like some thoughts on these before I request some ASSET images.

D1 - http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.52-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-774875
OR
D2 http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.50-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-766002

I find this to really catch my eye interns of its general qualities of the 4 C characteristics. It looks very clean with little that bothers me from that perspective. My only concern is that I seem to find the L/W ratio of 1.6 to catch my eye the most. 1.7 just seems odd to me…. those in the 1.5 range don’t seem off to me…but just not as nice looking as a 1.6 (again just to me).

D3- http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.51-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-752201

I like the shape as it lines up to the 1.6. just concerned with some of the imperfections…that it may not be hidden within the setting. Also seems to have a a slight bow tie-ing a

alamana

Shiny_Rock
I recently bought a 1.5 carat pear from Enchanted Diamonds -- I looked at James Allen first but they just didn't have as many choices with that shape. JA had a much better (and MUCH less expensive) selection of settings, though, and it was frustrating to give that up by moving over to ED. I ended up taking the diamond I bought from ED to a local jeweler (I'm lucky, the wonderful Quest Jewelers is five minutes from my house) and paying a $200 setting fee in addition to the cost of the setting that I picked out there (for the record this was still much cheaper than ordering the setting from ED and my ring turned out gorgeous). But this probably wouldn't be as big an issue for you since you are just looking for a solitaire.

At any rate, you seem to like the skinnier/longer look -- so here is an option with a 1.55 ratio at Enchanted. It's a 1.51 carat E/VS2 that looks to be a lovely cut. It's got strong blue fluor, though, so you will want to chat with them to see if they can tell you if that fluor is detrimental in any way. When I worked with them I ended up buying a stone with med blue fluor, and they had notes from the cutter stating that the fluor had no adverse effect. Oh, and there is an ASET and it's a bit cheaper than 2/3 you posted.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/P151-TACUBE

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call JA and see if they can evaluate the 3 stones for you and tell you what they see and which they like the best.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I like SKU:766002 best. I'm concerned about inclusions being visible in SKU:752201. SKU:774875 is pretty, but the G VS2 just faces up larger.

Edit: The enchanted diamond one looks gorgeous, and better specs for less money!

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Hope the OP is the one who grabbed up the one I posted from Enchanted ...

handyy83

Rough_Rock
:( was not me. Great looking rock tho ...wow.

Thanks for input so far....will keep looking and will keep you guys posted.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
handyy83|1449296520|3957791 said:

Shoot -- I was hoping it was yours now!

How are you feeling about ratio after looking around? I will keep my eyes open but I haven't seen much up near the 1.6 range -- are you interested at all in stones nearer to 1.5 or do you want to be patient and wait for something closer to 1.6? Because I'll definitely keep my eyes open for you. I LOVE looking at and pricing pears, especially this size since it's what I bought.

handyy83

Rough_Rock
alamana|1449326148|3957867 said:
handyy83|1449296520|3957791 said:

Shoot -- I was hoping it was yours now!

How are you feeling about ratio after looking around? I will keep my eyes open but I haven't seen much up near the 1.6 range -- are you interested at all in stones nearer to 1.5 or do you want to be patient and wait for something closer to 1.6? Because I'll definitely keep my eyes open for you. I LOVE looking at and pricing pears, especially this size since it's what I bought.

thank you! appreciate the help.

I'm more open to pears closer to 1.5 then i am pears at the 1.7 range. however the more I'm looking the more the 1.5 range is speaking to me:).

alamana

Shiny_Rock
OP, did you happen to grab that last one?

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Just did a search again, on both ED and JA, and couldn't find anything I like anywhere near as well as the two I posted already and those have already been snatched up. I assume inventory will go back up after the holidays and there will be more decent options then.

Q

Queenie60

handyy83|1449631070|3959210 said:
Nope :). Perfer to not have such a strong Flour.....also the leakage on the asset at the top seemed to jump at me.

one that caught my eye recently.... what do you think ?

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/P154-GKXE1M

There is an inclusion under the table however you should call Enchanted and have them confirm with the vendor that it's eye clean. You are viewing a magnified picture and video. If you like the stone, confirm that there's a return policy in the event you don't like it. Doesn't hurt to see it personally. I purchased an SI1 stone last year with an inclusion under the table and it's completely eye clean. Best to confirm if you feel it is a nice stone. Good luck, hope you find the perfect pear - pear is a lovely stone :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results