shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on 1.4 J VS1 ? Is Indented Natural a problem

Hello

Rough_Rock
Hello.

After much searching, An interesting stone has been brought to my attention that fits the desired specs. The stone is a VS1, so should be eye clean.

My main concern with the clarity is an Indented Natural. The Indented Natural on the plot does look fairly large. Could this blemish cause an integrity issue with the stone? The girdle is medium, so that is a good thing.

Unfortunately the vendor could not provide an IdealScope or ASET image. Just H&A photos. Do those arrow images look off to you? The H&A photo does look like it has some tilt. I asked for new H&A photos.

The pricing on this is around $6,500, which is decent. HCA = 1.4.

folks. what do you think. Anybody have a suggestion on a better stone in the I-J color 1.3-1.5 range? Or is this one a winner? Safe to move forward with out an IdealScope image?

Measurements - 7.15 - 7.17 x 4.43 mm
Carat Weight - 1.4 Carat
Color Grade - J
Clarity Grade - VS1
Cut Grade - Excellent

Proportions
Depth - 61.8
Table - 57%
Crown Angle - 34.5
Crown Height - 15%
Pavilion Angle - 40.8
Pavilion Depth - 43%
Star Length - 50%
Lower Half - 80%
Girdle - Medium to Slighly Thick, Faceted, 4%
Cutlet - Non

diamondplot.jpg

diamondplot2.jpg

_35090.jpg

_35091.jpg

ioannis

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sir you can check for a serious certificate GIA AGS OR HRD then check the proportions and the comments to see somethink concerning artificial clarity improvement

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello|1446072556|3943182 said:
My main concern with the clarity is an Indented Natural. The Indented Natural on the plot does look fairly large. Could this blemish cause an integrity issue with the stone? The girdle is medium, so that is a good thing.

I'm pretty picky and have no problem with indented naturals, especially if GIA is the lab that graded it VS1.

Hello|1446072556|3943182 said:
HCA = 1.4. Safe to move forward with out an IdealScope image?

No.
It never is.
HCA is a rejection tool, not an acceptance tool.

Why?
Because two numbers (the crown and pavilion angles) entered into the HCA are averages of 8 numbers each.

Round diamonds actually have 8 sides.
Each side has its own crown angle and its own pavilion angle.

If some angles are high but others are low they will average out to good numbers.
BUT an Idealscope will reveal this wonkiness.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't worry about inclusions in a VS1 stone, personally. The hearts images would not really be to my expectations, though. This is an example of good numbers but not the most precisely cut stone. Still, I am sure it is vastly better than most. So a lot would depend on what other options you have at that price point.

Hello

Rough_Rock
ioannis|1446314770|3944225 said:
Sir you can check for a serious certificate GIA AGS OR HRD then check the proportions and the comments to see somethink concerning artificial clarity improvement

Thank you for the words. Could you please clarify what you mean? As this does not make any sense to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results