shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion needed- two WF options?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so i have narrowed my search two these two options. Let me give some background, I am switching my current setting to a RHR with either a pink saphire or amethyst. and now have gone on to search for a new setting for my wedding/ering... so these are the two that I have narrowed it down some, and wanted some input.. regardless, I will have the head in either 14k white gold or platinum (may need your opinion on that as well) and the shank to be 14k Yellow gold.. I''m a yellow gold person,, it just looks better on my skin I think anyways.. Here is my delimma... I know that I want a bezel type setting because I''m a pretty active person with kids, outdoors stuff, sometimes a little rough on my hads..

Option 1.. I would buy the keystone ring and maybe a jazz bezel ring to add just a little charater maybe even two to flank it on both side of the keystone.. but I''m not sure if I want to keep track of it spinning, as that might drive me crazy to keep track of two or three maybe spinning rings and will the width of all three together bother me?...

Option 2.. just the heavy bezel champaigne ring... my worries is the melees falling out at some point?

Ok guys,,, give me your honest opinion and input.. I really just don''t know

option1keystone.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 2

champaigenopt2.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Option 1.

I love semi bezels, but don''t like number 2 at all.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks elle.. love your honest
emotion-5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:02:21 PM
Author: elle_chris
Option 1.

Ditto!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
did i sound rude?? didn''t mean to! But option 1 would look very, very nice.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:06:56 PM
did i sound rude?? didn''t mean to! But option 1 would look very, very nice.
1.gif
not at all
emsmile.gif
I''m leaning to one... Traci at WF will think i''m nuts,, I keep changing settings on her,, at least I haven''t committed yet..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:06:56 PM
did i sound rude?? didn't mean to! But option 1 would look very, very nice.
1.gif
No you didn't sweetheart!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout the head? should I just go for 14k white gold head instead of platinum? for cost effective reason? thanks

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
If the rest of the ring is going to be in yellow, I''d probably stick with the whole thing being in yellow gold just because I can''t imagine how the ring would look with a white bezel from those pics.

does whiteflash have any real pics of that setting?

(Glad my other post didn''t come off as rude. it''s difficult to tell sometimes online)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love option 1!

I don't think changing to a 14k head will make much of a difference in cost, I personally would go 18k yellow with plat (I like the richness of 18k yellow). It's going to be so gorgeous! Please post pics.

ETA: Don't worry, Traci is VERY patient
2.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, if you''re worried about the bezel band spinning and not showing diamonds, have WF make it full eternity (maybe with a little sizing bar if you think you''ll need it) instead.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:44:38 PM
Author: shimmer
I love option 1!

I don''t think changing to a 14k head will make much of a difference in cost, I personally would go 18k yellow with plat (I like the richness of 18k yellow). It''s going to be so gorgeous! Please post pics.

ETA: Don''t worry, Traci is VERY patient
2.gif
sorry Shimmer, still a newbie at this what does ETA mean again? on a side tangent
emsmile.gif

hmm, good idea with the full eternity.. I''ll think about it...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like option 1...those jazz bands go pretty far around so I dont think you would have to worry about spinning too much
(as long as they fit). Plus you could wear just one band if you didnt want to wear your ering for some reason. I think
the yellow gold with a white gold or plat bezel would be really neat.

#2 - too chubby and wide looking.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
option 1 hands down

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ETA means edited to add. I added something to my post after I posted it so if someone read it right away and then again later they will know that I changed or added to it. Don''t worry, it took me forever to figure that one out!

Also, I have the jazz band but in half eternity and it doesn''t spin on me at all, I would just order the regular one to avoid custom charges (hehe, not like I did--I ordered mine before these came out so it was custom).

1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1st option. The 2nd looks too wide to be flattering to most women''s fingers.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 1 no question!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 7:57:19 PM
Author: Chrono
I like the 1st option. The 2nd looks too wide to be flattering to most women''s fingers.
ditto!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Option #1 for me please. Loving that setting!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 1:02:21 PM
Option 1.

Strongly second this!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I prefer option #1.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Everyone for your input... Yes, I opted to go with number 1... and emailed Traci about it already :) I appreciated the time you all took to confirm my decision
emsmile.gif
when I get pics.. I''ll repost but probably won''t happen until mothers'' day ish... all the fun stuff of moving, going out of town, weddings and etc...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 10:57:37 AM
Author: dannyandterry
Thanks Everyone for your input... Yes, I opted to go with number 1... and emailed Traci about it already :) I appreciated the time you all took to confirm my decision
emsmile.gif
when I get pics.. I''ll repost but probably won''t happen until mothers'' day ish... all the fun stuff of moving, going out of town, weddings and etc...
Congrats!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats, it will be gorgeous
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohooo, congrats on your purchase!! I''m another number 1, so I think you made a great pick!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats - it''s going to be lovely!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I just did it,, ordered today,, so I''m suppose to get it all done plus my RHR completed by 03/23/09 Yah!!!
36.gif
I''m SOOO ECSTATIC!!! thanks again for your input...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Woohoo! What size stone do you have?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its a 1.01 J ACA so I''m going to take it out of my custom setting and replace my existing setting with a 6.5 mm amethyst and turn that into my RHR how fun to be able to do this yippy!
36.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results