shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion: Are necklaces (not pendants) not as common as other types of jewelry? Why?

I've been on an SMTB kick these days, going back pages and pages to look at pretties from before I joined the forum. And a thought occurred to me - I very rarely see necklaces on here (except for pearl strands and tennis/riviera necklaces). Pendants, yes, of all types and sizes. But rarely necklaces. People tend to collect rings, then pendants, then earrings, then bracelets and then in distant last place, necklaces in that order (from my unscientific observations).

One explanation, I suppose, is that necklaces are just more expensive as a rule, since there's more real estate to cover. Still, using just India pricing as a guide, there are reputable jewelers where you can buy a necklace (with melee diamond and 18kt gold) for something like $2000. I know that labour in Western countries is much higher (so perhaps that piece of jewelry would be double or more in the West), but so is the cost of living in general. So I wouldn't consider it to be purely an affordability issue.

Another thought I had is that it is perhaps just cultural. A lot of 'Western' women don't really wear necklaces on their wedding day from what I've seen, so perhaps the rewearability of something like that is low. Hence people don't like to put money towards them because that's money in something that they don't get much use out of.

And the last I guess is just personal preference.

Do you agree with my observations? What do you think the reasons are/could be? Do you own a necklace(s) or is one on your wishlist?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've been on an SMTB kick these days, going back pages and pages to look at pretties from before I joined the forum. And a thought occurred to me - I very rarely see necklaces on here (except for pearl strands and tennis/riviera necklaces). Pendants, yes, of all types and sizes. But rarely necklaces. People tend to collect rings, then pendants, then earrings, then bracelets and then in distant last place, necklaces in that order (from my unscientific observations).

One explanation, I suppose, is that necklaces are just more expensive as a rule, since there's more real estate to cover. Still, using just India pricing as a guide, there are reputable jewelers where you can buy a necklace (with melee diamond and 18kt gold) for something like $2000. I know that labour in Western countries is much higher (so perhaps that piece of jewelry would be double or more in the West), but so is the cost of living in general. So I wouldn't consider it to be purely an affordability issue.

Another thought I had is that it is perhaps just cultural. A lot of 'Western' women don't really wear necklaces on their wedding day from what I've seen, so perhaps the rewearability of something like that is low. Hence people don't like to put money towards them because that's money in something that they don't get much use out of.

And the last I guess is just personal preference.

Do you agree with my observations? What do you think the reasons are/could be? Do you own a necklace(s) or is one on your wishlist?

I think this may be cultural and even regional. I do have pearl strands (and love them!) but they are dressier than my current work culture, which is a t-shirt and jeans or sweats environment. I sometimes wear strands with a t-shirt that are ridiculously over the top and remove them for zoom meetings. This is just me, but a stand of pearls feels heavenly.

I live in a rural/suburban community in the USA. Necklaces (except pearls) would tend to be costume jewelry. A heavy gold necklace would be unusual. My closest metro area is Washington DC, and dress there tends towards conservative. Pendants and pearls for the over 40 folks (I'm older). Sometimes people wear trendy full statement necklaces, but they tend to be costume jewelry.

However, I doubt this is true for all places in the USA.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me personally, I hate putting/taking necklaces on/off. As a SAHM, I'm just too lazy to go through that effort every day when
I don't really go anywhere besides the grocery store.

I do love the look of multiple strands at different lengths though.

I think this may be cultural and even regional. I do have pearl strands (and love them!) but they are dressier than my current work culture, which is a t-shirt and jeans or sweats environment. I sometimes wear strands with a t-shirt that are ridiculously over the top and remove them for zoom meetings. This is just me, but a stand of pearls feels heavenly.

I live in a rural/suburban community in the USA. Necklaces (except pearls) would tend to be costume jewelry. A heavy gold necklace would be unusual. My closest metro area is Washington DC, and dress there tends towards conservative. Pendants and pearls for the over 40 folks (I'm older). Sometimes people wear trendy full statement necklaces, but they tend to be costume jewelry.

However, I doubt this is true for all places in the USA.

You make a really good point about necklaces being dressier so perhaps that's why people steer away from them. Personally, I also find necklaces very dressy, and I would never wear one at work. Pendants, yes, but not necklaces. But at events (especially in India) necklaces are pretty expected. So most people have a couple. I do think that cost per wear and wearability in general are big considerations in the West (it sometimes feels like it isn't in India, but that could also just be because we have so many events we are usually invited to in a year something that is only worn at a fancy event still gets some love.)

For me personally, I hate putting/taking necklaces on/off. As a SAHM, I'm just too lazy to go through that effort every day when
I don't really go anywhere besides the grocery store.

I do love the look of multiple strands at different lengths though.

Yeah fair enough, putting or taking necklaces off is a pain!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
What are you defining as a necklace that is not a pendant and not a pearl stand and not a tennis/riveria necklace? Other than some sort of plain gold chain (which I believe are VERY common) I'm struggling to picture something.

Are you thinking about diamond/gemstone necklaces that are NOT tennis/riveria necklaces like the one below?

If yes, I'd suggest they are not that common because there just simply aren't a lot of occasions for someone to wear something like this.

1641407148231.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would rather spend less money on a statement pendant than a lot more money on a substantial necklace that would suit me.

Being plus size with a chunky neck, a tennis style necklace with 3mm stone will disappear around my neck!

However, for the same money as a 3mm tennis necklace, I would be able to buy a statement pendant for the visual impact that I like.

Hence pearls are great as necklaces, as they offer the visual impact I like for a lot less when compared with earth-mined diamond equivalents, unless we are talking about the super grades of pearls that @yssie favours! :lol-2:

I don't like to wear anything around my neck when the weather is hot (above 20 degC is hot to me). In the colder months, the type of tops that I favour do not work well with necklaces and pendants, except perhaps a single pearl on a wire type necklace that sits higher on my neck.

I don't like to wear long necklaces due to my chest being too big for them to hang straight.

On top of that, my circumstances have changed in that I have far less dressy events nowadays. Perhaps that may change for the better now that I have joined an organisation that appears to have a vibrant social scenes with lots of opportunities to dress up and bring out my nicer blings! Time will tell.

Personal opinions and preferences, etc., etc...

DK :))

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if the OP agrees, but to me, regarding pendant vs necklace, a pendant can be separated from its chain and can be put on different chains (though depending on the size of the bail and the chain closure, you might need to go to a jeweler to do so). A necklace is integrated. The simplest of these would be the dbty-type station necklaces, and that’s what I see most often — though those are practically chains, just a bit more decorated. I have a short 16” dbty and a long sautoir dbty, and I almost always thread a pendant onto them (small pendants for the 16”, keys and pocket watches on the sautoir).

Necklaces don’t always have to be as elaborate and gemstone laden as in the previous post, here’s a few I grabbed from Etsy. And for some reason, even the most dainty of them feel “fancier” to me? Like I have to be in the mood to wear them, with a specific outfit. Whereas most of my 10+ pendants, I can throw on and go. I have a very subdued style, though. (Maybe “subdued” is not the right word when I have screaming blue hair, ha. Plain? Unembellished?)

I will say, I look at the pics I screencapped, and think, “these are so pretty. Why don’t I wear things like this?”

C33C2069-79EC-4C5F-A6D4-445B1B5C285E.png 1064AB0F-524B-4C74-A778-7F080D09909D.png 75CEAA29-C2B2-40E3-82EE-ED9E9E27CF47.png AFB3D3F6-A43F-45A1-83D1-2B2DE93DEC85.png 1812578F-CF04-45FE-864E-A9311C3300C5.png 43143AB9-B82F-4720-9C03-927A07AFD100.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After menopause necklaces are heavy. Pendants are much lighter. I can’t wear pearls, they feel like lead around my neck. I wear my 1 ct diamond every day as my staple.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me a necklace seems a more dressier piece than a simple diamond pendant.

Having said that, I do have lots of silver and gemstone bead necklaces, but rarely get them out of their boxes to wear.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of necklaces because I have a super long neck, and feel naked without statement necklaces, especially when wearing a evening gown or cocktail dress. But I'm not a bazillionaire, so most of my statement necklaces are costume jewelry pieces which I don't post on PS.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I’m going to buy a piece of jewelry, I want to be able to admire it. Maybe others feel the same way. For that reason I own lots of rings, a few bracelets and one James Avery silver necklace (I paid $5 for at a flea market) that I never take off.

Also I’m not fancy or wealthy so nowhere to really wear necklaces anyway.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Just took out some of my necklaces to show what I wear when I actually worked in an office. Of course I don’t wear these now….but they really dress up a plain crew neck, boat neck or v-neck sweater! B4E28E32-C134-4573-AC96-39A148E34239.jpeg 1A4767E1-28CC-4966-B5A8-29C12D852786.jpeg

Last edited:
What are you defining as a necklace that is not a pendant and not a pearl stand and not a tennis/riveria necklace? Other than some sort of plain gold chain (which I believe are VERY common) I'm struggling to picture something.

Are you thinking about diamond/gemstone necklaces that are NOT tennis/riveria necklaces like the one below?

If yes, I'd suggest they are not that common because there just simply aren't a lot of occasions for someone to wear something like this.

1641407148231.png

That’s a pretty necklace! I suppose I was thinking of any necklace that has more than a central piece that may or may not be detachable. Pearl strands and tennis necklaces certainly count, but I was wondering why those (and DBTY as others mentioned) are really the most common.

A necklace doesn’t have to be as elaborate as that one to count (though id love to see it). I went and found a pic of something on the internet of what I would consider a “necklace” that would retail for around $2k (or maybe $2500 or thereabouts) in India. To me this is different from a pendant. This specific necklace isn’t really my style, but just to show you what I meant by “necklace”.

A649206B-9E2C-4E7E-8B40-6838E6633BC6.jpeg

Personally, I would rather spend less money on a statement pendant than a lot more money on a substantial necklace that would suit me.

Being plus size with a chunky neck, a tennis style necklace with 3mm stone will disappear around my neck!

However, for the same money as a 3mm tennis necklace, I would be able to buy a statement pendant for the visual impact that I like.

Hence pearls are great as necklaces, as they offer the visual impact I like for a lot less when compared with earth-mined diamond equivalents, unless we are talking about the super grades of pearls that @yssie favours! :lol-2:

I don't like to wear anything around my neck when the weather is hot (above 20 degC is hot to me). In the colder months, the type of tops that I favour do not work well with necklaces and pendants, except perhaps a single pearl on a wire type necklace that sits higher on my neck.

I don't like to wear long necklaces due to my chest being too big for them to hang straight.

On top of that, my circumstances have changed in that I have far less dressy events nowadays. Perhaps that may change for the better now that I have joined an organisation that appears to have a vibrant social scenes with lots of opportunities to dress up and bring out my nicer blings! Time will tell.

Personal opinions and preferences, etc., etc...

DK :))

All of that makes a lot of sense! I think your reasons for not buying necklaces is probably in line with why most people don’t. Definitely your money gets spread thinner, because there’s more to cover. And necklaces do seem dressier than any other kind of jewelry. Thanks for weighing in!
Not sure if the OP agrees, but to me, regarding pendant vs necklace, a pendant can be separated from its chain and can be put on different chains (though depending on the size of the bail and the chain closure, you might need to go to a jeweler to do so). A necklace is integrated. The simplest of these would be the dbty-type station necklaces, and that’s what I see most often — though those are practically chains, just a bit more decorated. I have a short 16” dbty and a long sautoir dbty, and I almost always thread a pendant onto them (small pendants for the 16”, keys and pocket watches on the sautoir).

Necklaces don’t always have to be as elaborate and gemstone laden as in the previous post, here’s a few I grabbed from Etsy. And for some reason, even the most dainty of them feel “fancier” to me? Like I have to be in the mood to wear them, with a specific outfit. Whereas most of my 10+ pendants, I can throw on and go. I have a very subdued style, though. (Maybe “subdued” is not the right word when I have screaming blue hair, ha. Plain? Unembellished?)

I will say, I look at the pics I screencapped, and think, “these are so pretty. Why don’t I wear things like this?”

C33C2069-79EC-4C5F-A6D4-445B1B5C285E.png 1064AB0F-524B-4C74-A778-7F080D09909D.png 75CEAA29-C2B2-40E3-82EE-ED9E9E27CF47.png AFB3D3F6-A43F-45A1-83D1-2B2DE93DEC85.png 1812578F-CF04-45FE-864E-A9311C3300C5.png 43143AB9-B82F-4720-9C03-927A07AFD100.png

You hit the nail on the head almost exactly with what I meant, though to me an attached pendant on a chain is still a pendant and not a necklace. Attaching 3 pendants on a chain make it more like a necklace to me. I forgot about DBTYs when I made my original post because to me they are like chains/chain adjacent, though very pretty and sparkly still of course.

I like the examples you included! I never really wear necklaces casually - I don’t usually like wearing something in the neck, though I’m slowly coming around to it over the last couple years - but I don’t see why practically no one else does either. Perhaps you’ll start a trend!

After menopause necklaces are heavy. Pendants are much lighter. I can’t wear pearls, they feel like lead around my neck. I wear my 1 ct diamond every day as my staple.

Comfort is a great point as well. Necklaces are heavy, and can tug on your hair etc.

To me a necklace seems a more dressier piece than a simple diamond pendant.

Having said that, I do have lots of silver and gemstone bead necklaces, but rarely get them out of their boxes to wear.

Do you find that you don’t wear your silver and gemstone necklaces because you don’t have occasions to wear them because they’re too dressy for every day wear and too casual for fancy occasions? Or just too dressy in general?

I have a lot of necklaces because I have a super long neck, and feel naked without statement necklaces, especially when wearing a evening gown or cocktail dress. But I'm not a bazillionaire, so most of my statement necklaces are costume jewelry pieces which I don't post on PS.

You sound like my mom! She too feels incomplete without a necklace when she’s dressed up to go somewhere.

If I’m going to buy a piece of jewelry, I want to be able to admire it. Maybe others feel the same way. For that reason I own lots of rings, a few bracelets and one James Avery silver necklace (I paid $5 for at a flea market) that I never take off.

Also I’m not fancy or wealthy so nowhere to really wear necklaces anyway.

That’s an interesting point no one’s explicitly brought up yet - a necklace is an expensive piece of jewelry you don’t really get to see on yourself!

Here are my two. E8A13F73-89A7-45E7-B5D2-2D59B1E6ED49.jpeg

I love these!! So totally my style.

I think station pieces are fairly popular as well. DBTY ropes, etc.

Oh yes, I’d forgotten about DBTYs. But I’d really meant more elaborate necklaces in my original post.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my necklaces are costume - I love the different colors, textures and designs that are fun to wear and can go a long way in accessorizing an outfit. I use necklaces the same way some do scarves, shoes or handbags.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a thought occurred to me - I very rarely see necklaces on here (except for pearl strands and tennis/riviera necklaces)

I expected a COVID comeback for necklaces in my job where hands are pretty much off-limits now for ornamentation. But I think everyone has been too preoccupied with the end of the world to go necklace-shopping, tbh.

They are also a little like earrings, which are under-represented here; I think those are designed to catch others' attention whereas this forum is focused on the wearer's POV. Just a hunch.

EDIT: And, yes, a "killer" necklace to rival the typical ring here would be a six-figure affair...

Most of my necklaces are costume - I love the different colors, textures and designs that are fun to wear and can go a long way in accessorizing an outfit. I use necklaces the same way some do scarves, shoes or handbags.

Oh that sounds so nice! I don’t know why but I’ve never thought to wear necklaces casually like that.

I expected a COVID comeback for necklaces in my job where hands are pretty much off-limits now for ornamentation. But I think everyone has been too preoccupied with the end of the world to go necklace-shopping, tbh.

They are also a little like earrings, which are under-represented here; I think those are designed to catch others' attention whereas this forum is focused on the wearer's POV. Just a hunch.

EDIT: And, yes, a "killer" necklace to rival the typical ring here would be a six-figure affair...

I keep having to remind myself that labour costs in the west are crazy high, re: your edit. My eyes bugged out of my skull trying to imagine what carnage you could inflict with six figures (in USD) in an Indian jewelry store…

Also you make a great point about necklaces being designed more for another’s visual consumption than your own, as a wearer being something that disincentivises people from buying them. YadaYadaYada said much the same thing upthread! I definitely agree.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i used to have a dear co-worker and we would have necklase compitions
just faux stuff but so much fun
from big statement pieces to more dainty pieces
i have lots of necklases s but none are really fine jewlery

although i do have pieces on my repair list
a cherry amber graduated necklace that is just waiting on restringing (dang the lockdown)
two whitby jet ones that need major reworking
an antique amber coloured amber one that just needs made bigger (story of my life)
and a dainty garnet chocker that ive extended to fit my fat neck more generously and now just needs nice gold findings
and of course i have a million pearl dreams

when i was a kid i never liked wearing beads because i used to say they gave me a headache, maybe i just had to get used to them

i love all those long flapper necklaces
the perfect solution to not being able to see what one is wearing
but im going for princess or matinee length although my fun pieces are all shorter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

yes ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep having to remind myself that labour costs in the west are crazy high, re: your edit. My eyes bugged out of my skull trying to imagine what carnage you could inflict with six figures (in USD) in an Indian jewelry store…

I did not mean the labor -- I meant big, well-cut diamonds or nice, gem-quality sapphires, rubies, or emeralds. Yes, six figures will get you five pounds of high-karat gold but that is not what I am looking for in a necklace :cool2:.

i used to have a dear co-worker and we would have necklase compitions
just faux stuff but so much fun
from big statement pieces to more dainty pieces
i have lots of necklases s but none are really fine jewlery

although i do have pieces on my repair list
a cherry amber graduated necklace that is just waiting on restringing (dang the lockdown)
two whitby jet ones that need major reworking
an antique amber coloured amber one that just needs made bigger (story of my life)
and a dainty garnet chocker that ive extended to fit my fat neck more generously and now just needs nice gold findings
and of course i have a million pearl dreams

when i was a kid i never liked wearing beads because i used to say they gave me a headache, maybe i just had to get used to them

i love all those long flapper necklaces
the perfect solution to not being able to see what one is wearing
but im going for princess or matinee length although my fun pieces are all shorter

I don’t like beads because they get stuck in my hair! But long flapper necklaces are super duper cool :)

I did not mean the labor -- I meant big, well-cut diamonds or nice, gem-quality sapphires, rubies, or emeralds. Yes, six figures will get you five pounds of high-karat gold but that it not what I am looking for in a necklace :cool2:.

I didn’t mean high karat gold btw, I mean of course traditional Indian jewelry is all high karat gold and not high value gemstones (even high quality polki doesn’t come close to faceted diamond in value). But lots of people wear “western style” jewels as well.

Last time I was at the jeweler’s, he had a special order necklace for a client that I was thinking of, which imo would “stand up” to a large ring the types we see on PS. It was around 50ct of small melee diamond, in 18kt gold, multiple lines, which would cover several inches of chest. I think he said it had around 90g of 18kt gold (don’t have this written anywhere, so it’s from memory). And it cost somewhere in the range of ~$35k. Of course if you were thinking of something with high quality unheated/untreated gemstones, or big solitaires; the necklace would run to several hundreds of thousands, no doubt!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t like beads because they get stuck in my hair! But long flapper necklaces are super duper cool :)

I didn’t mean high karat gold btw, I mean of course traditional Indian jewelry is all high karat gold and not high value gemstones (even high quality polki doesn’t come close to faceted diamond in value). But lots of people wear “western style” jewels as well.

Last time I was at the jeweler’s, he had a special order necklace for a client that I was thinking of, which imo would “stand up” to a large ring the types we see on PS. It was around 50ct of small melee diamond, in 18kt gold, multiple lines, which would cover several inches of chest. I think he said it had around 90g of 18kt gold (don’t have this written anywhere, so it’s from memory). And it cost somewhere in the range of ~$35k. Of course if you were thinking of something with high quality unheated/untreated gemstones, or big solitaires; the necklace would run to several hundreds of thousands, no doubt!
Indian jewlery is so fasinating

yip i hate when chains get caught in my hair too
i often wonder about those brooches that become hair orniments oooouch

for several years i stopped wearing my costume necklaces but now ive learnt to mix and match and its so hot here right now the light ones are the only thing i can stand to have on
if i won lotto there are dffinatly some i love enough to get remade in the good stuff
i read Liz Taylor used to do that

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have many pendants and necklaces. I rarely wear them.

Sorry I got these many years ago and wasn't really taking decent photos at that time.
You cannot make out the details. When I get an opportunity I will take photos of this pendant to try doing it justice.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.50.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.54.59 AM.png

Another antique pendant with diamonds and a pearl.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.02.14 AM.png

A long gold necklace

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.02.58 AM.png

My ruby necklace I wear long and short.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.25.27 AM.png

My old cut pendant. Chunkalcious.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.05.47 AM.png

Greg gave this to me right before we got married. There are diamonds in it but it's a bad photo. Much lovelier in person.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.04.55 AM.png

My pink quartz pendant.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.08.28 AM.png

My aquamarine and sapphire and diamond pendant. A 40th birthday gift from Greg.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.09.18 AM.png

My aquamarine choker

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.10.56 AM.png

Unfortunately the only photo I have of my gorgeous antique onyx and diamond pendant. Again when I am back in NYC I will get it and take better photos if I remember.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.12.08 AM.png

Another gold and antique pendant with onyx.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.14.01 AM.png

My sapphire necklace.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.15.39 AM.png

My Anchor pendant on my gold choker. I have lots of gold pendants like this but no photos. One of my favorites is a solid gold pig. Oink.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.18.07 AM.png

I have many more necklaces and pendants. I just rarely wear them though because I prefer to be unencumbered for the most part and when I do wear jewelry it's mainly my ER and a pair of antique earrings.

I have many pendants and necklaces. I rarely wear them.

Sorry I got these many years ago and wasn't really taking decent photos at that time.
You cannot make out the details. When I get an opportunity I will take photos of this pendant to try doing it justice.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.50.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 5.54.59 AM.png

Another antique pendant with diamonds and a pearl.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.02.14 AM.png

A long gold necklace

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.02.58 AM.png

My ruby necklace I wear long and short.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.25.27 AM.png

My old cut pendant. Chunkalcious.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.05.47 AM.png

Greg gave this to me right before we got married. There are diamonds in it but it's a bad photo. Much lovelier in person.
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.04.55 AM.png

My pink quartz pendant.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.08.28 AM.png

My aquamarine and sapphire and diamond pendant. A 40th birthday gift from Greg.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.09.18 AM.png

My aquamarine choker

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.10.56 AM.png

Unfortunately the only photo I have of my gorgeous antique onyx and diamond pendant. Again when I am back in NYC I will get it and take better photos if I remember.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.12.08 AM.png

Another gold and antique pendant with onyx.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.14.01 AM.png

My sapphire necklace.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.15.39 AM.png

My Anchor pendant on my gold choker. I have lots of gold pendants like this but no photos. One of my favorites is a solid gold pig. Oink.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.18.07 AM.png

I have many more necklaces and pendants. I just rarely wear them though because I prefer to be unencumbered for the most part and when I do wear jewelry it's mainly my ER and a pair of antique earrings.

You have some lovely pieces! I particularly love the first pendant, the old cut pendant, and the sapphire necklace. Lovely.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had thought about having a fairly significant gemstone necklace made BUT I wouldn't wear it often since it would be fairly "Fancy" and I really have at most 1-2 events like that each year. I'm having a fancyish chain and detachable pendant made instead. I think I'll get to wear and enjoy it more that way.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I liked the organic circle necklace in your post and headed off to find it. Perfect for low key work attire. I ended up picking up a natural silver handmade circle necklace and matching circle earrings in Argentium Silver.

1641474059482.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results