shape
carat
color
clarity

open toe pumps w/ tights - is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of black patent Stuart Weitzman open toe pumps.
Can I wear those with opague black tights ? (with a skirt!)
Or is that a big no-no? Should the tights only be worn with
closed toe pumps?

I just pulled a blank on this. I rarely wear skirts, so this hasn''t been anything
I had to be in the know about.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think opaque tights are fine with peep toe pumps as long as you tuck the seam of the tights underneath your toes so it isn''t visible.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto NF - I think this is a cute look, actually, and very practical for winter.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Well, I tried it on and I wasn''t thrilled. I found a pair of blk leather Guess pumps that worked ok, but I''m noy crazy about the toe.
They have a pointed toe and everything I see in the stores and mags is more rounded/bump. But it will have to work.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think traditionally it''s a no no. But then again, times are changing! I guess it''s a personal decision as to what you feel comfortable doing. If teenagers can go around dressing like Rainbow Brite then anything is possible.
3.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m a strict nono with tights and open toes! Except when they''re opaque tights and platform peep-toes with a really teeny peep!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I won''t do it. After putting it all on, it just didn''t look right. If I was 25, maybe, but I''m not.
Full pumps only,
2.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
I''m right there with you. I had/have the same problem! I have a pair of patent peep toe Cole Haans and have an issue w/ wearing them with tights as well. I asked my friend who owns an upscale clothing store and she said it is very acceptable and she looks super cute when she wears hers. I have also noticed that a lot of the "stars" do the same thing and it looks fine. When I wear them with tights I feel weird but do so anyway..but not often. I am originally from the south and I have problems with the new anything goes rule that seems to be happening. (ex..no white after labor day or before Easter..same with patent in the summer)..my friends think I''m crazy..oh well! Even my husband freaks if he sees a girl w/ white accessories after labor day. (sorry I got off subject!)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 6:39:54 PM
Author: rockin11
I''m right there with you. I had/have the same problem! I have a pair of patent peep toe Cole Haans and have an issue w/ wearing them with tights as well. I asked my friend who owns an upscale clothing store and she said it is very acceptable and she looks super cute when she wears hers. I have also noticed that a lot of the ''stars'' do the same thing and it looks fine. When I wear them with tights I feel weird but do so anyway..but not often. I am originally from the south and I have problems with the new anything goes rule that seems to be happening. (ex..no white after labor day or before Easter..same with patent in the summer)..my friends think I''m crazy..oh well! Even my husband freaks if he sees a girl w/ white accessories after labor day. (sorry I got off subject!)
I''m right there with you with our southern upbringing, tee hee!! I remember going to church with gloves and a hat!!

I ended up wearing the tights with black high heel pumps, it looked nice. But I felt weird with the open toe pump, maybe because the shoe was black patent and stood out against the matte tights. But, ya know, if I was 25, I''d do it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in the no tights with open toes camp. They do sell nude stockings with open toes though which is great in the summer for those of us who are required to wear hose to work with skirts.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Peep toe with tights is now OK. They do look cute worn that way. With stockings? Never!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 1:41:52 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
No stockings/tights with open toes!

I hate to admit it reminds me of my Grandma... weird. lol
12.gif
LOL - I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results