shape
carat
color
clarity

Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree. If not for the last 8 years and how people are so desperate for a change, Trump would have been nothing but a passing amusement. His 15 minutes of fame would have been up a long time ago.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469976546|4061068 said:
I am quite disgusted by this latest display of ignorance and hubris. I can put aside some things but to criticize a Gold Star family in my mind is unforgivable.

And yet.... you will vote for Trump!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1470163871|4061745 said:
I am quite disgusted by this latest display of ignorance and hubris. I can put aside some things but to criticize a Gold Star family in my mind is unforgivable.

CC...Will your dad vote for Trump? you said he is a die hard Rep... :bigsmile:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I will. And you will vote for Hillary I am assuming? People vary.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470164467|4061754 said:

CC...Will your dad vote for Trump? you said he is a die hard Rep... :bigsmile:

Funny you ask Dancing Fire. We were fighting about this very subject this morning. It makes me sad because I know my dad really hates the man. If Trump lived next door to him my dad would call me daily telling me what a jerk he is. He would trade me for Redwood in a heartbeat... and I know he loves me.

I keep asking my dad to please vote for Hillary for president and just vote the remainder of the ballot Republican. If Roomney was running against Hillary i wouldn't even try to change his mind. I never felt Roomney was a bad human being. My biggest fear is that Trump will get us in another war. Every Republican talks about Benghazi but they fail to mention all the young men we have lost the past 10 years in the war.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake I am keenly aware of the possibility of losing my son in this war against terrorism. That does not change the fact that we have to do something to fix it now that we are in this problem. Both sides are to blame for this ISIS mess.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470165488|4061764 said:

Yes I will. And you will vote for Hillary I am assuming? People vary.

Yes you are right Redwood. i was just telling Dancing Fire above that my dad would trade me in for you in a heartbeat!
One of my biggest fears with Trump is that he will get us in another war. Your post about how afraid you are for your son had me in tears. I have nephews I love dearly and the thought of them getting dragged into a war because Trump can't keep his big mouth shut terrifies me.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470165844|4061768 said:
Calliecake I am keenly aware of the possibility of losing my son in this war against terrorism. That does not change the fact that we have to do something to fix it now that we are in this problem. Both sides are to blame for this ISIS mess.

I agree but I feel we are goign to need our allies to fight ISIS. We can't fight ISIS all on our own. I feel it will need be a joint effort. Trump doesn't feel the need to have good relationships with other countries. My husband works with people from Europe and speaks with them daily. They all have no respect for Trump and consider him a laughing stock.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470165844|4061768 said:

It breaks my heart to know you worry about this and I know this weighs heavily on your heart. ((Hugs)). I can't imagine any greater pain than losing a child. I may not agree with your politics but without a doubt I know you are a very good mom. I hope you know no matter how much we disagree, I too would worry a great deal about your son's safety if we were dragged into another war.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your posts and your thoughts. They mean a great deal to me. :))

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've mentioned before that my husband is active duty. He joined years before 9/11 and has served in Afghanistan (for which he received a pretty darn good medal specifically for saving the lives of our servicemen. I won't say what because those lists are public and we're supposed to be extra careful about PERSEC now). Trump clearly has no respect for our servicemen and women, and that was patently obvious from the time that he said that John McCain was not a hero because Trump prefers people who don't get caught to now. I fear the types of ridiculous and dangerous situations that my husband and our active duty and reservists will get in to in order to salve thin skinned Trump and his wounded ego. And to do it all while he jabs at our honorable active duty and reservist men and women behind their backs. One would think this latest stint with Captain Kahn's family would be enough for people to finally stand up and say enough is enough and support those who sacrifice so much for this country, but the conservative pundits are already spinning this as being a trumped up (no pun intended) controversy brought on by the liberal media. As usual from the likes of Fox News et al, there is nothing to see here. And as such, it is clear what they think of veterans and their families, and further, what the Trump supporters think of us.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BKB thank you for your husband's service. All service personnel should be appreciated.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sorely tempted to start a new thread for this topic, for which I would have been entirely justified. But I felt that all of Hangout would, then, have belonged to Donald Trump, and I did not think that he deserved that honor.

Trump just gave aan interview to "The Washington Post", against the advice of his advisors, in which he announced that he would not endorse John McCain or Paul Ryan for re-election.

"In an interview with The Washington Post on Tuesday, Trump said he was not backing Ryan in his primary election next Tuesday in Wisconsin, or McCain in his Arizona primary later this month. Both have endorsed Trump but have criticized some of his policies and statements, most recently his belittling of the parents of dead U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan."

Link...https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-refuses-to-endorse-paul-ryan-in-gop-primary-im-just-not-quite-there-yet/2016/08/02/1449f028-58e9-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump-440pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
BeekeeperBetty|1470171335|4061801 said:
I've mentioned before that my husband is active duty. He joined years before 9/11 and has served in Afghanistan (for which he received a pretty darn good medal specifically for saving the lives of our servicemen. I won't say what because those lists are public and we're supposed to be extra careful about PERSEC now). Trump clearly has no respect for our servicemen and women, and that was patently obvious from the time that he said that John McCain was not a hero because Trump prefers people who don't get caught to now. I fear the types of ridiculous and dangerous situations that my husband and our active duty and reservists will get in to in order to salve thin skinned Trump and his wounded ego. And to do it all while he jabs at our honorable active duty and reservist men and women behind their backs. One would think this latest stint with Captain Kahn's family would be enough for people to finally stand up and say enough is enough and support those who sacrifice so much for this country, but the conservative pundits are already spinning this as being a trumped up (no pun intended) controversy brought on by the liberal media. As usual from the likes of Fox News et al, there is nothing to see here. And as such, it is clear what they think of veterans and their families, and further, what the Trump supporters think of us.

So this happened, Trump accepts a purple heart from a veteran.http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/donald-trump-purple-heart/. Whilst I believe the veteran is free to give what he has earned (although there are conflicting reports about a replica) I don't believe Trump should have accepted in the way he did. "I've always wanted to have a purple heart. This was much easier.".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1470197334|4061961 said:
I was sorely tempted to start a new thread for this topic, for which I would have been entirely justified. But I felt that all of Hangout would, then, have belonged to Donald Trump, and I did not think that he deserved that honor.

Trump just gave aan interview to "The Washington Post", against the advice of his advisors, in which he announced that he would not endorse John McCain or Paul Ryan for re-election.

"In an interview with The Washington Post on Tuesday, Trump said he was not backing Ryan in his primary election next Tuesday in Wisconsin, or McCain in his Arizona primary later this month. Both have endorsed Trump but have criticized some of his policies and statements, most recently his belittling of the parents of dead U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan."

Link...https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-refuses-to-endorse-paul-ryan-in-gop-primary-im-just-not-quite-there-yet/2016/08/02/1449f028-58e9-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump-440pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Here is an update on the above.

From "The New York Times":

"Donald Trump’s Refusal to Endorse Paul Ryan Is Said to Enrage Reince Priebus

Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, is said to be livid over an interview Donald J. Trump gave Tuesday in which he refused to endorse House Speaker Paul D. Ryan in his primary fight, and is considering several options to show his public support for Mr. Ryan.

Mr. Priebus is debating the best way to demonstrate solidarity with Mr. Ryan, ranging from a formal endorsement to an email publicly stating his support, said three people with knowledge of Mr. Priebus’s internal discussions. A public announcement could come as early as Wednesday."

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html?ribbon-ad-idx=6&rref=homepage&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Home%20Page&pgtype=article

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard this on NPR this morning. The Republican Party is showing signs of stress / fracturing. I am not a good wordsmith and cannot find the right word to describe what I mean, but I think you can get the gist of it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO there is a good possibility Trump will either quit or be replaced before the election.
I think his head might just explode.

Perhaps in 2020 there will be three major parties.
This would benefit the Ds since the R votes will be split.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on what I see on TV and read online, Trump is not a quitter. By the way, what is happening with the new Libertarian party?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1470250089|4062162 said:
Based on what I see on TV and read online, Trump is not a quitter.

I would be astounded if Trump quit. I am very much afraid that he is still capable of winning the presidency. I think the US is in danger. I am not exaggerating my fear. Meg Whitman yesterday said very much the same thing when she explained why she would be actively supporting Secretary Clinton's campaign financially, although she is remaining a Republican. She called Trump a demagogue and said that she maintained that he was reminiscent of Mussolini and Hitler. She also said that we should remember that many repressive regimes (like those of Mussolini and Hitler) came into power via democratic elections.

AGBF

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Venti25|1470209113|4061980 said:
BeekeeperBetty|1470171335|4061801 said:

So this happened, Trump accepts a purple heart from a veteran.http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/donald-trump-purple-heart/. Whilst I believe the veteran is free to give what he has earned (although there are conflicting reports about a replica) I don't believe Trump should have accepted in the way he did. "I've always wanted to have a purple heart. This was much easier.".

A conservative morning talk show I watched this morning said that Trump was told before he went on stage that it was a replica, but he still stood there and lied about it just a few seconds later. So odd. At some point I wonder if he is going to lose the military vote. My husband has always been a member of the GOP, but he walked at the beginning of this election cycle. He said they don't stand for what he believes anymore. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out as the election goes on. I don't see Trump suddenly becoming Presidential or acting like he has any common decency or love for this country or the people who defend it. We're all props whose only purpose is to make Trump great.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on what I see on TV and read online, Trump is not a quitter. By the way, what is happening with the new Libertarian party?
Busy smoking pots :bigsmile:my first posting ever using a phone :oops: we are in a bus on our way to Yellowstone Park

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't heard much of them in the news but pondered about them because I saw 2 guys holding up a Libertarian sign at a traffic light last weekend, collecting campaign donations.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I check myself and my ideas/opinions, I find that I may be more libertarian than republican. I could even be tempted to light one up now that I am retired - :lol:

NOT.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470254324|4062199 said:
The more I check myself and my ideas/opinions, I find that I may be more libertarian than republican. I could even be tempted to light one up now that I am retired - :lol:

NOT.

Wasn't there a test here a few months back? I remember falling right in the middle of being a libertarian according to the test.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually was pretty conservative on that test I think.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470252456|4062183 said:
Busy smoking pots :bigsmile:my first posting ever using a phone :oops: we are in a bus on our way to Yellowstone Park

None of the Libertarians I know smoke pot! I know quite a few including the chair of the party in my town, who recently met with Gary Johnson (and previously another contender for the nomination with whom I've had many personal dealings). For the most part, all they want is less establishment, less government interference, and less babysitting by the government. Like any other party, they've had issues getting their sh*t together but that doesn't seem to be specific to any party these days.

And this pot smoking thing as an insult or derogatory comment? Um, it's not really an insult anymore, the more it is legalized and the more it is used for intended medical purposes, etc. Also, I'd much rather have a government or President who knew how to peace out with a doobie instead of going LET'S GO TO WAR!!! kwim? But I'm one of those pacifist hippies who loves animals and trees and stuff. My (staunch Republican) dad told me a story about Vietnam exactly ONE time: "Cambodian Red--it was free, and it was everywhere." That was literally all he had to say about his time there. He also said anyone who talks about it is lying and was never there because if they had been they'd never want to speak of it again. But that's a whole other can of worms, I suppose.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see the comments he made to the woman with the crying baby at one of his speeches - once again his level of total inappropriateness knows no bounds....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1470267602|4062285 said:
Did you see the comments he made to the woman with the crying baby at one of his speeches - once again his level of total inappropriateness knows no bounds....

Did he actually ask the parent to remove their child from the event? I don't know...I am not sure infants/small children have any place at those types of assemblies. But then, there was the Bernie Baby everyone was so nuts about, so maybe this was just singled out as the antithesis of that. :confused:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/politics/donald-trump-baby.html?_r=0

It happens when people have young children - I am not sure if you can help it if they scream and cry at places like weddings, funerals, shopping centres, at political rallies, I think actually he was trying to be funny. He obviously lost the memo where politicians are expected to kiss babies not kicked them out of the place.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/03/donald-trump-attack-on-baby-in-virginia-losing-women-voters

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results