shape
carat
color
clarity

Only stupid Americans protest Trump's election

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to our system Trump was elected, fair and square ... that is, as far as I know, at this time ...

If a voter doesn't like it STFU, and wait 4 years.

Democracy means if enough Bozo-lovers want Bozo, we get Bozo.

What stupid morons!

If Bozo ****s everything up, so be it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Let me fix that for you -

Only stupid people threaten violence and casualties and destroy other people's property because they did not get their way.

And Trump was elected President, not King. If he F's things up impeachment will be close behind.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478996203|4097613 said:

Only stupid people threaten violence and casualties and destroy other people's property because they did not get their way.

And Trump was elected President, not King. If he F's things up impeachment will be close behind.

My post isn't broken.

Post whatever you want.
I won't ... 'FIX' ... it for you. :roll:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
OK, I guess you only want replies that agree with you.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny I hope you're being sarcastic. If you're serious I'm calling bullshit. The right to peaceful protest is protected by the constitution. That some of the protests turn violent doesn't make the act of protesting any less valid or legal. People have protested for and against a zillion things among them civil rights, LGBTQ rights, women's rights, animal rights, et al and made change happen. Silence is the enemy of truth.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Kenny, I didn't see your edits to OP until I posted.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ruby, Trump supporters got their way and they are still defacing property and threatening minority groups so they must more than stupid by your reasoning.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1478996891|4097622 said:

Ruby, Trump supporters got their way and they are still defacing property and threatening minority groups so they must more than stupid by your reasoning.

Actually the morons who are terrorizing people of color and Muslims are worse imo. Property is property and that is bad enough. But hurting other people is disgraceful and disgusting. They are more than stupid. They are dangerous and should be locked up.

There are crazy people on all sides but they should not be confused with mainstream Americans who just want to see a better life for themselves and future generations.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no issue with peaceful protest. My issue is that you have people who are looting and destroying property under the guise of "protesting".

I also don't agree with all the profiling going on on both sides. That to me is not peaceful protest, thats being racist. Racism is happening on both sides, not just one.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1479006838|4097690 said:
I have no issue with peaceful protest. My issue is that you have people who are looting and destroying property under the guise of "protesting".

That happens a lot. People succumb to base animal instincts when they are unable to cope with strong emotions. I'd prefer all protests be peaceful but failing that, I'd rather have property destroyed than lives taken.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
I don't mind peaceful protests. At this point, non-peaceful protests are uncalled for. (I think in certain circumstances, it may be necessary like protesting slavery, other countries where women are raped and slaughtered with no government help, etc.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you protest an election because you don't like the result? :nono:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Pretty simply. You march your ass out into the street, with or without a sign, and join others who feel similar dissatisfied.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1479012135|4097720 said:
How can you protest an election because you don't like the result? :nono:
There is no point at which you deem it worthy? Someone who has acted like Trump, to you, isn't worthy of protesting because of an election.

What if David Duke won the presidential election? Bill Cosby? What if someone who idolizes Hitler and wishes to recreate 1930's-1940's German ideals into our society won? Of course, these are far different than the current situation. I'm asking where do you draw the line? Or so you believe a protest is unacceptable in any of these circumstances?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Like Matata, I'd generally prefer that protests be peaceful, but there is precedent in this country for protest involving property destruction......Boston Tea Party.

That protest was in defiance of the Tea Act of 1773; protesters felt it violated their rights to 'no taxation without representation'.

Current day protesters object to installing into office a man who doesn't reflect or uphold the values outlined in our national Constitution and to the electoral college process that has made it possible.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump won the election.

Sure, protest the shit he's said and done, but not the election itself.

Protesting the election result is like demanding they throw out the choice of the American voters.
No matter how much I can't stand Trump, that's creepy.

What could be more un-American than not respecting an election?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
Trump won the election.

Protesting the election result is like demanding they throw out the choice of the American voters.
I'm really lost on this Kenny. How does one protest Trump's failings as a decent person without it appearing as though it is also a protest against the election. It doesn't seem possible to separate the two. I think people are protesting his planned changes to key policies in addition to the persona he chose to show during the campaign.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1479019078|4097739 said:
kenny said:
Trump won the election.

I'm really lost on this Kenny. How does one protest Trump's failings as a decent person without it appearing as though it is also a protest against the election. It doesn't seem possible to separate the two. I think people are protesting his planned changes to key policies in addition to the persona he chose to show during the campaign.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, for instance I saw a protester holding up a DUMP TRUMP sign.
I'd call that not respecting the election or the US Constitution.

Yeah, Trump's a pile of crap, but he WAS elected.

Sent from my $9.95 No-Name dumbphone using Craptalk :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1479009434|4097705 said:
I don't mind peaceful protests. At this point, non-peaceful protests are uncalled for. (I think in certain circumstances, it may be necessary like protesting slavery, other countries where women are raped and slaughtered with no government help, etc.)

I agree with this. In general peaceful protests are acceptable whereas violent protests are not. Except for when it is necessary like the above examples and yes I agree right now peaceful is the only way to go and violent protests are just not warranted at this time.

I also agree with Kenny. This is our voting system in the USA and we can protest that Trump is going to be President but the election process/electroral college is what we have right now and if we don't like it let's try changing it but the election is the election and the results are the results.

Our real problem IMO is not Trump as much as the reason people elected him into office. It is scary thinking there is that much hate and loathing and fear in America and I have already witnessed some very unpleasant results of this election and I am sure there is to be more terrible behavior to come. So yeah let's protest the crap out of racism, sexism and prejudiced behavior of all types but re the election process let's try to change it if there is a better way to go. Is there a more constructive way to change the whole process? And even more importantly how do we stop the hate and fear from taking over? How can we make things better so someone like Trump never gets elected by the people again? What can we do to change the reasons people elected him into office in the first place?

martin-luther-king-jr-2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1479024747|4097750 said:

It actually does exactly respect the Constitution as framed.

The Constitution was designed so that a group of highly qualified experts (electoral college) would be designated to select the president and vice president.

The Constitution has never bound electors to vote for specific candidates, and the Constitution makes it clear that the Founders envisioned electors using their discretion to select the candidates they viewed as best-qualified.

Simply put, it was their 'safeguard' way to ensure that they could override democracy if that democracy threatened what they thought would be the more palatable outcome. In essence, 'we'll give the illusion of democracy, but we reserve the right to override you if we don't agree with you."

So protesting today to influence the minds of the electoral college is precisely respecting the US Constitution. Protesters are actually appealing to the electoral college to uphold the power the Constitution gives them......to select who the protesters feel is a more suitable candidate.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1479043336|4097770 said:
Jonathan Pie British satirist, a pointed summary on Trump How & Why he Won *Warning if you don't like the F-word don't watch*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you for sharing this Arkieb.

I agree in entirety with Jonathan Pie's viewpoint. Yes, we only have ourselves to blame and yes, not being willing to discuss the opposing viewpoints has led to this. By labeling conservatives and the right as evil and horrible human beings we have effectively caused this mess. Discussion of all viewpoints is critical and by debating and hashing it out in a civilized manner without resorting to name calling or worse-trying to silence opposing views. That is what we needed and where we failed.

The left did this. Totally agree.

"Not everyone who voted for Trump is a sexist or racist. Clinton was a terrible choice. She represented very little and I agree with everything he said. Our arguments are not won by hurling labels or insults. When will we learn the key is discussion."

"We don't debate anymore because the left has won the cultural war. How do you think people are going to vote when you insult and label them and attack them for their opinions?"

"Time to stop moaning and crying and silencing your opponents. Time to realize discussion is needed. Engagement and debate is necessary. Being offended doesn't work anymore. The only thing that works is doing something and engaging and talking to others with opposing viewpoints. People who disagree with us are not evil. Talk to them and discuss and engage."

Grow up indeed. +1,000,000 to infinity.

And yes yes yes. Sanders should have been our candidate. !!!!!!

Arkieb, hope you don't mind I am sharing this with all my friends. Thank you so much for sharing this with PS.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the link Arkieb. I wish I could believe this to be entirely true. It make me feel much better about the country we live in if I believed this to be entirely true. I've just seen way too many examples of racism in the past six months to believe racism didn't also play a part in this election. Maybe I'm the only one but I've heard things that I find appalling come from people I never would have believed would say or think such things. I've also heard the same remarks come from strangers.

We have also heard remarks made here regarding peole who are in tough situations. I think some people are completely missing an empathy and compassion chip. I find that extremely disheartening too. There are lots of reasons The Left lost this election. I do hope both parties wake up and find a candidate that we could be proud of no matter what sides win the next election. We certainly didn't get that this election. I would not be feeling the sadness I feel had Romney been made our president.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to be frank. Not that I never am already. LOL. This is in light of the vid that Arkie posted.

I have always been conservative and lived in areas that were mostly conservative in Cali and here now. It is a fact that most law enforcement is conservative just by nature of their job and what they see every day. So my life experience is that of mostly conservative people. Yes I have traveled but you don't get into those kinds of discussions on vacation, besides you are there to have fun. I do have a couple friends that are more liberal and they are the sweetest people and also women. I love them.

So PS you are kind of like my window into what liberals are and how they think. More importantly how they conduct themselves. It is possible because it is an internet forum some will say things that they would not say in person. The same can be turned around on me as a conservative here possibly. I hope I can represent that I am a human being and care about people but also have conservative ideals. You don't have to agree with them but you should respect them. And I will respect yours.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1479044490|4097774 said:

The Constitution was designed so that a group of highly qualified experts (electoral college) would be designated to select the president and vice president.

The Constitution has never bound electors to vote for specific candidates, and the Constitution makes it clear that the Founders envisioned electors using their discretion to select the candidates they viewed as best-qualified.

Simply put, it was their 'safeguard' way to ensure that they could override democracy if that democracy threatened what they thought would be the more palatable outcome. In essence, 'we'll give the illusion of democracy, but we reserve the right to override you if we don't agree with you."

So protesting today to influence the minds of the electoral college is precisely respecting the US Constitution. Protesters are actually appealing to the electoral college to uphold the power the Constitution gives them......to select who the protesters feel is a more suitable candidate.

Good point.
I had not considered that.
Thanks.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This. Sorry you thinks it's stupid, Kenny. What happened to your "people vary" attitude. Did you finally get tired of saying that? I've noticed lately that in your recent posts, your logic is more flawed than ever. You hate when others speak for you or assume they know your motivations, but you have no problem doing it for others. And you are doing it again here. Calling people stupid without realizing why they are doing it. Time to start thinking before you open new threads.

As to the violence that is happening. I'm now woke to the fact that this might be our new reality. I've been so heartbroken since Wednesday, realizing that now we have to admit that racism is prevalent. It has always been there, say others. But in my naive world, I could choose to ignore it Bc it was not blatant and probably only happened behind closed doors. So now that we all know it's out there, we will all start behaving that way. For all you who are rejoicing that Hillary didn't win, don't worry. Minorities, women, homosexuals and all those disenfranchised by Trump can learn to hate just as quickly and vehemently as the rest of you. We are now woke. We can all hate on the same level. If racism is our biggest fear right now, I guess we are going to be ok. I guess Martin Luther Kings legacy couldn't last. You win, red America. The irony is that all those whom Trump marginalized have probably been fighting these battles all along, just to have a normal life, and so we are stronger than we realize right now and definitely prepared.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1479056288|4097835 said:

This. Sorry you thinks it's stupid, Kenny. What happened to your "people vary" attitude. Did you finally get tired of saying that? I've noticed lately that in your recent posts, your logic is more flawed than ever. You hate when others speak for you or assume they know your motivations, but you have no problem doing it for others. And you are doing it again here. Calling people stupid without realizing why they are doing it. Time to start thinking before you open new threads.

As to the violence that is happening. I'm now woke to the fact that this might be our new reality. I've been so heartbroken since Wednesday, realizing that now we have to admit that racism is prevalent. It has always been there, say others. But in my naive world, I could choose to ignore it Bc it was not blatant and probably only happened behind closed doors. So now that we all know it's out there, we will all start behaving that way. For all you who are rejoicing that Hillary didn't win, don't worry. Minorities, women, homosexuals and all those disenfranchised by Trump can learn to hate just as quickly and vehemently as the rest of you. We are now woke. We can all hate on the same level. If racism is our biggest fear right now, I guess we are going to be ok. I guess Martin Luther Kings legacy couldn't last. You win, red America. The irony is that all those whom Trump marginalized have probably been fighting these battles all along, just to have a normal life, and so we are stronger than we realize right now and definitely prepared.

Didja read my last post?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478996439|4097617 said:
OK, I guess you only want replies that agree with you.

You ignored the substance of Kenny's response. He told you to write whatever you want (which includes disagreeing), not that you couldn't disagree. Plenty of posts following yours contain statements disagreeing with Kenny.

In his OP, he wrote what he meant and meant what he wrote. He stated his opinion and it doesn't need to be "fixed" because, well, it's an opinion. You purported to "fixed" his opinion by modifying it to your own opinion. On top of that, your "fix" even missed the point of his OP.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We're done here. ENOUGH, behave like adults.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results