shape
carat
color
clarity

Only a few days til the BIG DAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
Well, it’s coming up this coming Tuesday, the scrapbook is finished, I decided to make a little box and stuck the ring in the book (it looks like a mini-gift) Now he has to start working a later shift though, and won’t be home until like 8-8:30. So it’ll be a “later dinner” at the park. I’m also PRAYING the weather will be good that night. Otherwise I gotta start coming up with a plan B. Any suggestions if this should happen? I’m making him a picnic dinner with sandwiches, cheese/sausage tray, and our favorite wine. Argh!! I can’t believe how fast this day is coming!! I’m less nervous now though, because I've had enough time to let it “sink in”, but it doesn’t mean I’m any less anxious!!! Any thoughts, as always, are greatly appreciated!!
wavey.gif
2.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
How did it go? Do tell...

-Sarah
9.gif

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
Hasn't gone on yet, it will on tuesday the 24th. Four more days!! I'm getting soooo anxious. So far the weather is supposed to be sunny and nice out (no rain) But if it does happen to get crummy out, I'll need a Plan B. Maybe a makeshift picnic on our living room floor? I don't really want to be in public (i.e. a restaurant). Any last minute pep talks from anyone???? You have all been soooo helpful to me, I'm so glad I found this website!!!

appl.gif
wavey.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
You seem so nervous...deep breaths. LOL
2.gif

Do you think he has any idea you are about to ask him? Have you guys talked about it lately?

I think you're brave to ask your man. My guy is old fashioned and would say no just because he'd want to ask me...but every couple/person is different. So, kudos to you for stepping up! I can't wait to see pics. You have to show some of the scrapbook and the box you made.

What does the ring look like?

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
Yeah, i was impressed with you from the begining. Don't let anyone diss your decision. Your man will be pleasantly surprised. My plan B would be an indoor picnic or a candle-light dinner at home with the table well set and the desert would be jello or something with the Ring next to it...just my two cents. Just trying to help.

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
Ok guys, here's the ring. It's a terrible picture, cuz of the camera. But you get the idea. Keep in mind it's over 50 years old! Thanks again for your ideas and input. I KNOW with 99.99% certainty that he'll say yes. And I guarantee he doesn't have a clue about it. I haven't brought up the subject purposely for the last month. He does say things all the time like, "when we're married..." or, "At our wedding..." I know he's ready, after all like I said before we picked out my ring together, he just hasn't paid it off yet, and I don't want him to feel the pressure anymore of having to get it ASAP. Overall I think he'll be elated, and of course I will let you all know, like I said before.

The Book is wrapped up now, but when he opens it and it's all said and done Tuesday, I'll be sure to let you all know how it went, and I'll try to share some of it's contents online. Thanks again!!

1.gif

the ring.GIF

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for perfect weather! Good luck, and please do tell us how it went!!!
1.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
So, tomorrow is the big day!
appl.gif
I am very excited for you. You have to write on PS as soon as you can to let us know how it goes. I am not sure where you are, but the weather on the east coast is supposed to be lovely for tomorrow.
2.gif
So, hopefully you'll be able to do Plan A.

Good luck!

-Sarah
9.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Good luck to you tomorrow. I am hoping everything works in your favour - the weather, the timing, the ring, and so on.

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
thanx everyone! You'v all been a huge help. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!! And I came to a decision over the weekend. Since I'm not sure wether it's going to rain or not, and it might get kinda cold, I'm going to move the table in our dining room and make an "indoor picnic" I'll have a picnic blanket....the basket w/ food, the wine chilling Lots of candles lit, and I'm going to get one of those lamps that reflect the moon and stars all over the room. Sorta like bringing the outdoors in
1.gif
Plus I figure there's no interruptions, and COMPLETE privacy. Any other last minute details I could add for this "indoor picnic" idea? Maybe I could play some soothing music as well. I'll probably get some flowers, balloons and maybe make a banner at work tomorrow. I could also have some flower petals leading to the dining room. Another nice thing is that our dining room entrance has a door on it, and I told him to call me when he's about 15 minutes away from home tomorrow evening on his way home from work so I could "heat up the rest of our dinner" But it's really so I can do last minute preparations. I'll let him shower, and change and then let him in to the room afterwards. Any comments/suggestions? ***deep breaths***deep breaths***

wavey.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
well, aside from bringing in some ants (what picnic is complete without some ants!
rodent.gif
), it sounds like you have it covered.

Best Wishes...please let us know how it turns out!

Jen

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
It sounds so romantic! He's going to love it!

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
TODAY'S THE BIG DAY!!!!!!

I think I've got myself mentally prepared enough, well, no that's not possible. I'm as prepared as I'm gonna be, the rest is up to him.
1.gif
My boss is even going to give me an extended lunch today to do some last minute preparations. I'll log back in later on (before I do this) in case you have any pep talks for me!!!

Thanx everybody!!

wavey.gif
eek.gif
9.gif
2.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Good luck, I hope everything goes as planned... Please log on tommorrow (or tonight) and let us know how it went....

twirl.gif

Bethany

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Keeping everything crossed that it goes smoothly and he's bowled over!!! You go, girl!
9.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I hope your nerves aren't too terribly frazzeled today. They shouldn't bee, because from everything I've read, you are ready and have covered everything. Here's to a magical evening for the two of you.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Oooh how did it go??? Tell tell!

Bethany
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Yes...how did it go?

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
I’m sure many of you will be asking how the engagement took place, so here it is, for all of you:
Well, I gave him a scrap book of our lives together for the past 4-1/2 years, we looked through it together, then when it got to the part with the poem I wrote, I took it from him and read it to him. I could hardly get through it my eyes were tearing up so bad (His were too, but we’ll keep that between us
2.gif
. Then after I finished reading it, I looked up at him and said, "Shane, I'm asking you to marry me" He hugged and kissed me over and over again, to the point where I had to say, "you haven't answered me yet" then he said “OF COURSE!!! Of course honey, I’m so excited!”.
I had to break away from him after that so I could give him his ring. It was his grandmother’s wedding band from 50 years ago, that I had sized to fit him.
I dunno, he was just really, really excited all night, saying how he had some ideas for the wedding, and how he wanted to do it soon. Oh! This was so sweet….when I asked him what he would introduce me as to other people, of course he said “fiancé”, but then he said, "I wish I could say "wife"
The whole night was just really beautiful, our “dining room picnic” that I set up w/ TONS of candles was awesome, I was a bit nervous, but I must not have let it show too much, because he was COMPLETELY surprised.
Then we called both of our parents, they were all happy for us. It was soooo cute, Shane could NOT wipe the big smile off his face when he was on the phone, he was even giggling a little.
My ring is still being paid off, and since I did the asking I’ve offered to help him finish paying for it. I didn’t want to “beat him to the punch” but I was so confident that it was what we both wanted, that I just went for it. (I tend to be the “go-getter” in the relationship *~*wink*~* - which is okay by me. As long as were engaged, and we’re both really happy about it, that’s all that matters. He’s still going to ask my father for his blessing (as I did w/ his mom) and he’ll present me with my ring, and his reasons for wanting to spend his life with me as well.
So anyhoo, we're thinking probably next August or September, I'll let you know the details as they develop. If anyone has some suggestions for a “wedding on a budget” I’m open for them!!
Thank you all for helping me out, it was GREATLY appreciated. Sad thing is, now I'll have to switch forums.
8.gif
so hopefully I'll be able to continue talking w/ some of you at least. I'll attach a picture of the evening as soon as I can figure out how to compress them.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. I'm glad it went so well.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That's wonderful! I think it's great that you proposed--and of course that he said yes! Congrats and good luck to you!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Just want to say congratulations! Your story was so touching and heartfelt - thanks for sharing with us! And his wedding band is so unique and sentimental! Nice job
2.gif

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Way to go! That took a lot of guts and I applaud you for going after what you want! Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns!

Congrats, and post pics of the ring when you get yours!

Bethany

Froof

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I've reloaded this thread many times today, waiting for the good news. I wish you two the best. You've got an awesome, open-minded guy!

Two more weeks until my big day...

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go!!! I'm so happy it went so beautifully! Best wishes to you and for your lives together.

We did our wedding on a budget in September -I wouldn't change a thing. I might have some ideas to share with you... what part of the country are you in?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Many congratulations to you! It's so nice to see such a lovely thing come together like this.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
appl.gif
You put in so much effort and hard work planning that evening that I am thrilled that everything went great!

You two sound perfect together! Thanks for sharing your fantastic story with us!

Cheers!
-Sarah
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results