shape
carat
color
clarity

Online Sites, return policies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jobs50

Rough_Rock
My question about online vendors has to do with the "30 day no hassle gaurantees" out there. Once the stone is purchased and is shipped, say I have it appraised to check if it matches the Cert, and it doesn't. I then send it back and they say that the diamond is not the same as the one that they shipped. In theory am I not screwed because once it leaves thier inventory I have no way of proving that I have not changed it. (Laser inscription is possible to remove without losing any weight) It would then be my word against thiers and they already have my money.

Am I being too anal about this? Just a little worried about the whole internet diamond sales thing. I want to buy one off the net because of the price, but it is not possible to come to a written agreement that both
parties are looking at the same stone and that it matches the certificate.

Once again thank you for you opinions

Jobs50:))

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question, Jobs50. I have to think about it. I never heard of anything like that. Usually the companies that have a good record are very cautious about their reputation which, can be ruined by a single unhappy customer.

I'll try to find an answer how you can protect yourself. First what comes to mind though is to send a stone to independent appraiser like David Atlas for checking before you pay for it. Some internet vendors will do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results