shape
carat
color
clarity

Online price for this stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yupi

Rough_Rock
Hi. I found this stone but not sure what price should I expect to be reasonable:

1.39ct
E
VVS2
Table:56%
Depth 61.7%
Pav Depth 43%
Crown angle 34 degrees
Sym & pol = excellent
Flu = med blue
girdle = thin - med
culet - none
Certified by Central Gem Lab (CGL)

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well your stone scored an excellent .8 on the HCA...with EX EX EX VG across the board. Very nice!

It was hard to track down a stone that had the same specs as yours...but I finally found this stone at dirtcheapdiamonds.com for comparison. I'm not recommending the stone to you as they don't have any specs other than the basic GIA information so its hard to know for sure if this cut would equal yours which appears to be excellently cut, but it may help in a comparison.

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=1607826

It's a 1.38c D VVS2 that is supposedly DCD's ideal 'best' cut for $12800.

Keep in mind that medium or strong fluor will affect the price of a stone you are considering. The $12k stone up there is no fluor. I would possibly estimate from the specs that you gave that the stone you are looking at would be around $10-11k.

Hope this helps some! BTW I have not heard of CGL...what kind of lab is that?

I would get the stone appraised before purchase, independently appraised. That way you get an unbiased opinion. Chances are you are fine but I'd rather know for sure when I plunk down that kind of $$!
2.gif

Good luck!
1.gif

Yupi

Rough_Rock
Mara,

Thanks for the score you've done for me. I extract the following from this forum about CGL in Japan for your reference:

Harry,

Hearts and Arrow Explained is written by Brian Gavin (aka BrianTheCutter). Brian has very strict approach to H&A and doesn't believe in A/B/C grades of H&A.

There is no industry standard even for ideal cut. None of US labs is grading H&A. H&A came from Japan, however, and Japanese Central Gem Laboratory does grade H&A.

leonid
pricescope.com

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results