shape
carat
color
clarity

One year anniversary proposal....too predictable?

Is proposing on the one year anniversary too predictable??

• Yes, but not in your case.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but in my case it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandonb

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. I can''t believe I''m posting here now! I''ve been over in the Rocky Talk so much that I never thought I would get a ring picked out. Well, I have. Our one year anniversary is next Saturday, July 17. I didn''t plan on asking her then because I thought it would be too predictable and I didn''t think I would have a ring by then. Well, I may be able to get the ring by then so it is now an option. She knows we want to get married, but she thinks that I don''t have enough money to buy the ring yet because I keep telling her that I am saving a little longer to get her a nice ring. So it may be a suprise...but at the same time, she may be expecting it. Also, I am taking her to Kansas City, about 4.5 hours away, for the weekend for something a little different. I found a hotel, The Raphael, that has a love package that includes a bottle of wine, roses, and a horse drawn carriage. I think the horse drawn carriage would be a nice place to do it if I decided to. So, after all this blabbing, should I do it on our one year anniversary(as long as the ring comes in), or should I wait and do it on another random day.

Thanks,
-Brandon

luckyworldtour

Rough_Rock
Brandon:

We are in the same boat - although my 1 year anniversary is July 13. I actually think it is NOT predictable because you can be very romantic and over the top and not tip them off. I'm a casual guy and if I have roses delivered, champagne, fine wine and a wonderful dinner planned on any date other than an anniversary, b-day, etc., she would be totally suspicious. From what I've learned here, women love the entire process so an anniversary is perfect. Your final "surprise" will make it an incredibly special day for her!

A happy fiance makes for a happy man!
Good luck,
Mike

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I say go for it. That package sounds so nice! Good luck.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I was proposed to on our 4th anniversary and I didn't really see it coming. We were together for so long that every Christmas, holiday, birthday, etc. I was kind of hoping for a ring. My husband gave me a decoy gift the evening that we celebrated our anniversary so I had no idea that I would be proposed to the next morning.

brandonb

Shiny_Rock
I've thought about that. I could go over the top with all this to make it really romantic and she would just think it was for our anniversary. Now I just have to see if I can get the ring in by next Friday and talk to her parents before then!!

-Brandon

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I think an anniversary may be the perfect time to build a very romantic experience and still maintain a good level of surprise. If you suggested the trip you described and do those things on any day OTHER than your anniversary it would be a huge tip off--so this way you can play it up as special for your anniversary. I would start saying things like, "I wanted our anniversary to be really special..." and so on so she thinks its about the anniversary and may be less likely to suspect the ring is imminent.

Good luck!

carrieq

Rough_Rock
Although a girl may be hoping and possibly "Expecting" a prposal on a special date (such as an anniversary)...a proposal is ALWAYS unexpected and a surprise. Don't worry about being too predicatble, if you do your best to not clue her in on your plans, she will be caught off guard. Trust me...I knew my husband (boyfrind at the time) had ordered me a ring, but was still shocked when he actually asked me (thinking did he really get the ring already, is he saying all this just on a nice gesture for our anniversary OR is this the REAL proposal? The ring came out and I knew).

The horse drawm carriage idea is beautiful. Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Go for it. You will always remember that day & have two reasons to celebrate the date!

A gal is expecting you to be romantic on your anniversary, so no read flags there. UNLESS, you get sweaty palms! That may tip her off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results