shape
carat
color
clarity

On the search for bridesmaid dresses

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

So I've been on the search for some bridesmaid dresses for my girls. So far, I've had NO luck. I really can't find anything that I say "wow, that really is beautiful." I'm looking for a dress that is either cinnamon/brown/bronze/mocha/coffee in color. Long in length and nothing that is too tight as I have one girl with a fuller figure and I'd like for her too feel good about the way she looks too. Preferably nothing strapless either. Can you help me out?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
These are on the pricey side, particularly as you go long, but Jenny Yoo does have a number of long styles with straps. I tried on both the chocolate and the ginger (a bronze type color) colors in Shantung and really liked the colors and feel of the dresses.

http://www.jennyyoo.com/bridesmaids.html

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I've worn Aria dresses (http://ariadress.com/index.htm)in 2 weddings...they come in a wide range of styles and I believe they can do all the dresses in long or short. They seem to have some color options that would work for you.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much! I actually love all of the dresses that you guys suggested!

I didn't have the patience to keep looking after the first 4 websites failed me, haha.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Hi ladies!

So I've been on the search for some bridesmaid dresses for my girls. So far, I've had NO luck. I really can't find anything that I say "wow, that really is beautiful." I'm looking for a dress that is either cinnamon/brown/bronze/mocha/coffee in color. Long in length and nothing that is too tight as I have one girl with a fuller figure and I'd like for her too feel good about the way she looks too. Preferably nothing strapless either. Can you help me out?

Shouldn't it be the "fuller figured" woman's decision if she is comfortable in something form fitting or not? It is possible for a fuller figured woman to look food in a form fitting dress, you know.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I had a lot of issues with POB. The colors on the monitor were WAY different than the actual colors, and it took me over 2 months to get a swatch. Also, I wanted to let the girls wear different dresses in the same material, and POB did not have enough selection to do that. But they have some new dresses out, maybe things have improved in the last few months.

What is your goal budget? I went with simple silhouettes. They can do almost any size, but the long dresses are pricy.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek said:
Autumnovember said:
Hi ladies!

Shouldn't it be the "fuller figured" woman's decision if she is comfortable in something form fitting or not? It is possible for a fuller figured woman to look food in a form fitting dress, you know.

I know that it is her decision but she was in my future BIL's wedding and had to wear something really tight. She told me she was really unhappy about it and would have felt a lot better in something a little less tight and more flattering......

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
I had a lot of issues with POB. The colors on the monitor were WAY different than the actual colors, and it took me over 2 months to get a swatch. Also, I wanted to let the girls wear different dresses in the same material, and POB did not have enough selection to do that. But they have some new dresses out, maybe things have improved in the last few months.

What is your goal budget? I went with simple silhouettes. They can do almost any size, but the long dresses are pricy.

I think 150$-200$....we're going to be paying for half of it so I don't wanna go too crazy with anything too fancy.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:

I totally agree with this. Since, all of my girls will be wearing the same thing the material issue shouldn't be a factor. I'm more worried about the colors.. If I'm not a fan of their dark purple, I may change to black or go elsewhere. I'm trying my best to find a dress that everyone looks good in and will wear again. PoB dresses are just so pretty!

I love the dress I posted too! If I have a winter wedding, it will probably be my choice!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember said:
Clairitek said:
Autumnovember said:
Hi ladies!

I know that it is her decision but she was in my future BIL's wedding and had to wear something really tight. She told me she was really unhappy about it and would have felt a lot better in something a little less tight and more flattering......

That makes sense. Just the way you worded it made it sound like you were making the decision for her, that's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
We got lucky at Nordstrom believe it or not. It's worth a shot...and the warmer more autumn tones should be coming out soon.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek said:
Autumnovember said:
Clairitek said:
Autumnovember said:
Hi ladies!

That makes sense. Just the way you worded it made it sound like you were making the decision for her, that's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

No prob :) Sorry that it came off that way! Not my intentions at all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE that third one LtlF suggested, and the high waistline would be flattering on all figures I'd think :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results