shape
carat
color
clarity

On the hunt for an OEC/OMC/AVC

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Initial impressions, I like the jewels by grace stone by far. However really need to see them in action so if you can get a comparison video from ivy and rose it would be more telling. They do have a good reputation.

@Lovesparklesparle thanks heaps for your recommendations and and thanks for the idea of a comparison vid from ivy and rose, will do. :)

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely not on the 0.83 H SI1. Maybe .88, but i'd like a video or more pictures. 0.89 has a weird cloud looking inclusion around 5 o'clock that i'm not too keen on. .91's cut is meh. Grace's stone has nice pattern but my eyes keep going to the inclusions. It doesn't look bad in the plot for seems to reflect around quite a bit. Keep in mind EGL colors are 1-2 grades lower than GIA

@ForteKitty
@Lovesparklesparle

I received a video and photo of the .88ct stone from Ivy and Rose, please see below. What are your thoughts please? Go with this one or the Jewels By Grace one? Decisions decisions! Grace hasn't responded with a hand pic yet.

unnamed.jpg

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I would say pick 2 or 3 of your fave stones from ivy and rose and have a comparison video shot, in natural, diffused lighting. Fluorescent/artificial/direct lighting can be unfair on old cuts. It looks nice, but I still like graces stone.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
https://www.etsy.com/listing/730404513/reserved-for-rh-only-payment-3-of-3-14k?ga_search_query=Old+European&ref=shop_items_search_2&frs=1#

Unfortunately this one has just sold, but back when I was considering the eBay one linked above, I also would have pulled the trigger on this Becker’s piece if not for the price. They were asking something like $2500-$3000 at the time (over a year ago) and it was out of my budget. The new owner got a good deal in the end.

@Lovesparklesparle
That stone is very pretty!
I'm after a loose diamond as I want to create a pendant with it and a ring setting would be wasted, and you usually pay more for a diamond already set because of the cost of the gold.
But thank you so much for the recommendations, I think I know what I really like in OECs now 8-)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Light color WWW ...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I’m not loving the .88’s video

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C630B60F-C03F-4FD9-9DDB-FF8D0E7DB47B.jpeg 9F3A6C72-8955-4794-AF30-A980E155B8CC.jpeg
That video was hard to watch as it was rotating fast- and the clarity not that great.
Asking for slower and clearer is asking a lot tho!
I tried to capture still shot of what I think is it looking it’s best and worst.
What do you think of the facet pattern/performance?
It still is really really hard to determine what it will do for you irl from these tho. Hard to determine what’s actually straight face up.

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
@Rfisher
Thanks for your help, i had the same thoughts, the resolution of the video was poor and she moved very fast in the video!

I really like what I can see in the video in terms of but I cant help wondering why she doesn't show it up close face on.

I think I'll bite the bullet and buy the jewels by grace one, I can always return it if I'm not satisfied =)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mina-Lo I can't remember how/why I posted an unfinished post! I meant to point to a couple of round brilliants of light yellow color - one 1.5 cts that is now on hold, and the .9 that is linked in the post.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
@Rfisher
Thanks for your help, i had the same thoughts, the resolution of the video was poor and she moved very fast in the video!

I really like what I can see in the video in terms of but I cant help wondering why she doesn't show it up close face on.

I think I'll bite the bullet and buy the jewels by grace one, I can always return it if I'm not satisfied =)

I would ask for more hand shots from her first just to be sure. Hopefully it’s the one!

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
I've been unsuccessful in receiving a response from Grace or her admin to send me handshots for some reason, I think they're well and truly sick of me.

I ended up purchasing the stone from Jewels By Grace, lets see how the stone looks once she's in my hot little hands!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I've been unsuccessful in receiving a response from Grace or her admin to send me handshots for some reason, I think they're well and truly sick of me.

I ended up purchasing the stone from Jewels By Grace, lets see how the stone looks once she's in my hot little hands!

I’m excited you went for it! I have had my eye on that stone, and I think it looks beautiful. Once it arrives, many real life photos please!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deja vu.
Same happened to me, and I did the same as you.
Hope you love it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't wait to see how you like it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully you will like it. Odd that no response was received on request for additional data.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They probably have handpics on file and they show the diamond close up, and they tend to do most of their photos of how stones look on the hand. Hopefully you like it when you get it.

I'm an Aussie too :wavey:

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock
Holy guacamole, diamonds are so hard to photograph/film!

I am absolutely thrilled with her, she is beautiful. I can only see a slight yellow tint when she's upside down, otherwise she faces up quite white considering she's a K.

She looks very eye clean, I was concerned after seeing Grace's magnified pics but there was nothing to worry about.

She gives off a lot of fire, I'm very impressed! She's a keeper :appl:

Thank you everyone for your recommendations and knowledge, I really appreciate it :D

And now for some very average photos. Excuse the lighting, I'll get some better pics tomorrow during the day.
Screenshot_20190902-233736.png Screenshot_20190902-233752.png

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! I love the color!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a beauty. Congratulations!! Can’t wait for more pics. I am very happy for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results