shape
carat
color
clarity

On-Line Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scoop

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased from the internet, and if so, were you able to negotiate on the listed price?

Thanks!!
10.gif

scarecrow

Rough_Rock
I torn between buying on line or from a B&M, and was wondering the same thing. Anyone have any advice?

69gm

Shiny_Rock
many of the internet sites already offer their diamonds with a minimal markup. they will, however, be willing to give you some sort of discount for wire transfers vs. credit card purchases.

of course it never hurts to ask them either!
2.gif

greengator

Rough_Rock
Most online vendors here are operating on such a slim margin so I think you should make a judgement on whether you are paying a fair price or not.

I would start with Rapaport report and will be extremley happy if I can buy an ideal stone for a 10% discount off the price list.

One place I went to, nice ice, offers most their inventory at a very reasonable price (10% off rapaport). You can't go wrong with them.

If you are lucky, you could find a B&M place who doesn't sell diamond based on the cut, but rather on a flat discount base. So you have the best of both worlds, a competitive price and convenient local service.
-- Larry

tim_bay_area

Rough_Rock
even if they wont negotiate to a lower price, you are not paying sales tax, which in itself is a nice discount

69gm

Shiny_Rock
good point tim! that definitely needs to be factored into the equation. figure out your "out-the-door" price to see how they stack up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also if your budget is tight, alot of the online vendors will work with you (if they are worth their salt anyway!)...so don't throw a stone out of the running if it is just slightly out of your range..you may be able to negotiate something.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results