shape
carat
color
clarity

on bended ski part two-the ring is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling

Rough_Rock

Well Ladies, we started with a Colorado proposal on the skilift and we end on the glass porch of our favorite restaurant in Rockville, a charming bungalow called Addies with the pear and cherry trees blooming outside. I was wearing the dress we wore on our first real date. We''re waiting for his father and his father''s girlfriend for my dear fiances''s birthday. They wouldn''t seat us until the whole party was there.

So I say
4.gif
, "So I know its your birthday but any chance you have something for me ?" (He had said it would be ready at 3:30 that day.)
Him,
11.gif
"Well I got there and the ring was at the appraisers so I can''t get it until Monday."
Me. "No!!!"
23.gif
Incredulous since it took him so long to get to Addies. I just couldn''t believe he would have left empty handed. My manicurist had taken all my old nails off and started me over with a full set, just for the occasion (and it hurt like heck, let me tell you).

I just sat there looking out the window telling myself, "its not that big of a deal, its not that big of a deal," and tried to not look upset
Then, just to be sure I said "Really?" trying to act nonchalant.
Then he pulled a box out of his pocket.
31.gif
"Just kidding, here it is."

And he opened the box and put it on my finger and it was just incredible.
10.gif

I dragged him outside so we could look at it in the sun. This nice couple who was also waiting said I could have my purse back which I left on my chair in my haste, but only if I let them see my ring. I kept saying I can''t believe it, I can''t believe it. I am sure I made a total fool of myself.

So... Here it is. We decided to go with a three stone because I didn''t want a solitaire but I did want something that would look classic.
So, I absolutely love this ring! The only things I love more are my dogs and of course my Dear Dear Fiance who totally came through.
So the specs are
Platinum ring size 4 3/4s. Last night it was loose, this morning it was tight.
Center Stone is 1.5 Ct
GIA
G
SI1
Depth 62.8
Table 54
Excellent symmetry
Excellent polish
I saw it under the hearts and arrows viewer and it had the whole hearts and arrows pattern; just lovely.
The sides are the same color and clarity and .4ct each with ideal 1A range proportions and hearts and arrows. The band was custom made by Qwest manufacturing in Dunn Loring VA (they ordered the sides for us) Center came from Washington Diamond who bought back a diamond from DF at a decent rate.

The wedding band (.02 ct. eternity) fits flush with the e-ring. Thanks Noobie for recommending Qwest. Thanks pricescope for ALL the information about everything. I feel like we got good value for our money and like I got much more ring than I would have without all of you. It doesn''t matter where I look at my ring-in every light it looks just how diamonds should look, it has depth, color, white, a good measure of dark and light, even facets. Its just so pretty and it the sunlight it practically hurts my eyes. In the mirror in the bathroom, its a band of light with rainbows everywhere. The lovely thing about the setting is that you can see so much of the diamond from the side.

20.gif

This is the pic from the appraisal. Hand shots are coming as soon as my digital camera gets charged.

123perfect.jpg

sparkling

Rough_Rock
So here''s side view.

Eng Rgspark.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful!!! Gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Here''s a link to part one of your story in case anyone missed it: On Bended Ski!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!! What a great story too. Congrats!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very nice indeed! You lucky girl....do you dead arm him for teasing you like that? Naughty boy. I love that you had on the same dress. So cute!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ring!!!! Can''t wait to see hand pics...and the eternity band too! Congrats again!
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m speechless!! WOW!!! It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
!!!!!! I love it !!!! Its so similar to mine.. but your center stone really POPS! I like how the sidestones are set lower so that they almost look like they are underneath the center. its just perfect! Congrats! I want to see more pics! hand pics?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful! Let''s see those handshots!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s incredible.
Quest does such excellent work.

Best wishes to you both. I can''t wait to see hand pics.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring, Sparkling. I''m so happy you went with Quest. The brothers are just the greatest.

Don''t forget those hand shots and pics of the wedding band too!!!!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
what a sweet story & beautiful ring! we need more photos- especially from the side! congrats & thanks for sharing!!!!!

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Sparkling--Congrats on the ring! It''s gorgeous and you''re are so right...classic. You will love it just as much 50 years from now as you do today!

I don''t know if you remember that I wrote to you on the last thread and told you that my parents have a house in Beaver Creek...I started laughing when I read your post this time cause I grew up in Gaithersburg and Addie''s is one of my fave restaurants!!!!!! It''s a small world
emsmile.gif
!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And congratulations again!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is very pretty. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results