shape
carat
color
clarity

On an avg day how many total carats do you pack?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not much. Unless I wear my eternity ring which, alone, is 6.25 ctw--there is that I suppose. Cartier sapphire ring--middle stone over 4.5 ctw....that too. B/C I can't wear that stuff to work, mostly I forget about it.

cheers--Sharon

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - mine is slightly over 18 :oops2: Tennis necklace and bangle is 24/7 and my rings if I go out of the house. Oops forgot my watch....

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm there with you, @Begonia. Everyday - which means with jeans or yoga pants and a t-shirt for me - well under a carat from rings, and that's including center stones and melee together. On the really rare occasions I'm more dressed up, it might be.......barely over a carat at absolute most, again all from rings, because my studs and pendants are all moissy or high-quality CZ. I have precious little in bling funds, so what diamond money I have goes all into rings that I can look at and enjoy myself!

If I was to count the "diamond equivalent" weight of the moissy stud that lives in my third piercing everyday, that would add another 0.10ct to the daily look, and my dressier studs and pendant would be maybe 1 to 1.5ct equivalent, tops.

Definitely a casual minimalist and "small, dainty" person here.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My E-ring plus my new studs = 6.27 ctw of diamonds.

But I also wear my CZ bracelet every day at dinner time, and am buying little (.33's) ACA's, one at a time, to replace my CZ bracelet with the real thing. I'm almost half way there!

So when the bracelet project is finished, I will be packing 15.51 ctw.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Three carats of real diamonds plus another three carats of fake diamonds. ;-)

Last edited:

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
If I count all the melee I just squeak past 2 carats most days.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Very little on a regular basis, as it attracts too much attention at work!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday wear I only wear ering, studs and martini pendant, added up to 5.9ctw but upgrade studs coming soon so it’ll be 6.2ct next week. I wish I can wear my tennis bracelet 8ctw but it’s stored in my parents’s safe ten thousands miles away.... should’ve bring it with me couple years ago... I have it for 10yrs but only wear it less than 4x.

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm.....today
Engagement ring circa 5 total carats, wedding/ eternity band 2 carats, watch (Joe Rodeo) 10 carats, necklace with solitaire - 2 carats, daily wear earrings 1.5 tcwt plus tennis bracelet - 2.5 carats I think.
OMG - that’s well over 20 carats.
Did I mention that today I’m also wearing by $8 ALDI brand crocs, my Target T-shirt ($10) and a pair of gym style pants ($20).
Hmmmmm.
At least I have my spending priorities right.:appl:

I love this. Right there with you on the spending priorities. Ratty yoga pants, slippers and an old top - but I have on about 12 carats!

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
My new daily total wearing has changed since I got OEC studs. My OEC ER (not counting the setting as I have no clue how many carats the setting is) and my OEC studs...drumroll please....

9.45 carats.
OMG...close to @Matata but girl you beat me. :)

And of course a picture or two is worth a thousand (or two thousand) words. :cheeky:

missywearingbubbalahandoecstudsinthewoods.png

bubbalahmaryannandgingerinourfrontyardatbeachhouse.jpg

Oh my goodness. Now you have studs to compliment my very favorite ring on Price Scope!!!

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
Usually zero. I have things and rarely wear them. Especially the last year. I have considered selling every single thing apart from maybe 3 things.

I understand this sentiment too. Many times during the pandemic, I wondered what I am doing with all these jewels. I have not been wearing anything bc I am constantly washing my (now incredibly old looking!) hands. However, I got everything out and cleaned it on Tuesday - and the joy came flooding back. :)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming you mean any kind of stone?
Anywhere from 1 to 3.3tcw
solitaires are .67 or 1ct
bands are .15 or .5 or .7tcw
pendants are .35 or 1.05ct
earrings are 1ctw

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
2.5 to 7 ctw on most days... I wear two layered diamond bezel necklaces with around 0.3ctw, 0.25ctw small pave hoops, a 7 stone band at 0.45 ctw (all from Ferko’s; super dainty and I never take them off) + my e-ring for 2.5ctw total or 7ctw on days I wear my tennis bracelet.

I’ve gotten so much more into jewelry this last year, wearing diamonds at home makes me feel glamorous even when I’m in PJ’s!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Daily wear -=)2

1.15ct e ring
0.45ct heart bezel wedding ring
1.20 stud earrings
Tiffany Dbty 0.75ct
Tiffany Cross pendant 1.71ct
5.26tcw

Last edited:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Usually zero. I have things and rarely wear them. Especially the last year. I have considered selling every single thing apart from maybe 3 things.

I’ve been thinking the same @elizat - have so many lovely pieces that just don’t get the wear they deserve.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updating this to 4.56 cts Bella, 2.12 cts Marilyn, .75 pendant so 7.43 cts, and when I put in my studs and wear my bracelet, that’s another 3cts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results