shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Well folks, HE DID IT!
36.gif
I thought he was going to do it at my graduation this Saturday, but he surprised me with an early proposal! Today was my last day of finals and I had been so stressed out this past week, so he mentioned going out for dinner to "destress" me. I thought it would be nice and quickly agreed. He took me to our favorite Italian restaurant (which we hadn''t been to since Hurrican Ivan) and we had a nice quiet dinner with great conversation (as usual). Then once we were finished, I thought we were going home to finish the night relaxing in front of the T.V. or something.... But he was driving in the opposite direction! I asked where he was going and he said he wanted to go some place to talk. A little perplexed, I said ok (you know it''s kinda scary when someone says they want to talk) and didn''t think anything of it after that. Once we got to where he wanted to go, he was a little disappointed that it was closed. It was where we went on our first date after dinner and talked forever: a children''s memorial downtown on a pier overlooking the bay (it must''ve sustained some damage from the hurricane
7.gif
). But there was a veteran''s memorial across the street in a park and I said "Why don''t we talk over there instead?" Still a little disappointed, he said ok. So we''re walking and talking and ended up sitting at the main memorial. After still a long talk, he all of a sudden gets up, looks at me with this huge grin and gets down on one knee!!
6.gif
Then he asked me to marry him while I''m sitting there going "You''re doing it now?!?!"
30.gif
I barely even heard him ask! I just kept looking at the ring! Then I finally said "Of course I''ll marry you!" and quickly put the ring on. Now that I think about it, I probably should''ve let him put it on me, but I was so excited, I wasn''t even thinking...WOW! The ring is absolutely gorgeous! I can''t wait to get hold of a camera to show you all. My old camera broke months ago and I''ve been dying without it.. Also, I need to do my nails before I take pictures. The one day I don''t do my nails, he proposes! Gosh!
20.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the sparkly! Sounds like a very romantic evening and a wonderful proposal....

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, so sweet!!! pics pics pics
36.gif
36.gif
hehe

seriously congrats and best wishes!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Awwww, he had you fooled! Love that it was totally unexpected & caught you off guard! Looks like you didn''t ruin anything! :) Congrats! Can''t wait to see pics. Enjoy this time!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
What a great way to end your week of finals! Congratulatons and be sure to show us the pics once you have gotten ahold of a camera!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so cool that he caught you off guard, rather than this weekend as you predicted...now you'll have an AWESOME graduation weekend!!
36.gif

Can't wait to see the ring pix!!

P.S....Do you still feel like a thief???? LOL!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I love your reaction "You''re doing it NOW?".

you crack me up!!

Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
HA HA Yeah, I always say the wrong things at the wrong times. I was just so surprised!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
What a great way to ''destress'' a girl, right?!?!?! I''m so glad that he was able to totally surprise you and catch you off guard!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
Get pics when you can (I''m such a goofball that I went out and bought a brand new digital camera a few days after the proposal so I could get ring shots...
20.gif
Although I''ve used it a TON since then). Congrats again!!!

Wow, all these guys must have spring fever with all the recent proposals!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very sweet proposal!
Can''t wait to see the pictures of your ring!!
Congratulations to you and your fiance!

ps. congratulations on your upcoming graduation too!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
See, you thought the suprise element was ruined and he goes ahead and gets sneaky on you!!!!!

Congrats & can''t wait to see the ring!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Many congrats!!! Is it even more beautiful than you had imagined?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s so gorgeous I can''t even describe it!

Ok, Here are the specs on it for now:

Center stone:
GIA Certified and Gem Print Registered (Thanks RockDoc!)
0.75 Round Brilliant
5.94 - 5.98 x 3.54
59.4% Depth
57% Table
SI1 F color
No Flourescence

Side Stones:
30 Baguettes (Approx. 0.9 Carats TW)
VS1 F Color
2 Round Brilliants (Approx. 0.2 Carats TW)
SI1 G Color

Metal: Platinum

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was a short residence on the list! CONGRATS!!!!!! How exciting to have that and your graduation in the same week--you must be on cloud 9
21.gif
Now get us some pictures of that gorgeous thing!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That ring sounds lovely and I can''t wait to see photos of it! :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am thrilled that you got your surpirse propsal! Yippee!!! Congrats and Best wishes!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
There is always expectation but the anticipation alone creates a lot of fun emotions for the person receiving the surprise!

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Another one!! Wow, that''s so great... what a surprise!! I agree what a great way to get your mind off of finals, hopefully there''re all done now, or else you''ll have a hard time keeping your mind on the tests! Congrats again, and of course, I can''t wait to see pics!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go! First off, some hand shots:

:

ring1.jpg
:

ring2.jpg
:

ring3.jpg
:

ring4.jpg
:

ring5.jpg
:

ring11.jpg
:

ring13.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Now some others:
:

ring6.jpg
:

ring7.jpg
:

ring8.jpg
:

ring9.jpg
:

ring10.jpg
:

ring12.jpg

Don''t you love the little surprised stones?
30.gif

Hope you guys liked it. I LOVE IT!
30.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an ugly mug shot from graduation today. I''m surprised it turned out so well (I''m not photogenic). It was taken with a cheap polaroid. I figure this way you can recognize me by my face other than my hand.
2.gif

:

grad 2005.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Congratulations on your engagement! That 0.75 center stone looks HUGE on your hand!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t you love the little surprised stones?
30.gif

Hope you guys liked it. I LOVE IT!
30.gif
YES! I L
30.gif
VE the little surprise stones!! The ring looks fabulous on you! If you haven''t done it yet you should post your beautiful ring in the Show Me the Ring section.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow love that ring, and what a great manicure!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I do my nails myself. My mom and I have this tradition that we do our nails every saturday. :)

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
your ring is gorgeous!! congratulations :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a great tradtion to share time with your mother!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results