shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! I''m going tolook horrible next to my bridesmaids!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I just found out (well, maybe not *just* i sort of knew) that all my bridesmaids are size 2's and 4's. As a size *14* bride I'm going to look HUGE! (I should also add that I'm only 5'2 so a size 14 is not good :*( )

Anyone else have this problem? and, if you have, or had it, how did you solve it? (feed them more? or maybe I should just lose weight?)

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Put them in ugly, proofy dresses and no one will know they are tiny! Just Kidding! I wouldn''t worry about the size difference between you and them. You will be the bride and everyone will be focusing on you. Choose a dress that you feel confident and beautiful in!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 4:11:09 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81
Put them in ugly, proofy dresses and no one will know they are tiny! Just Kidding! I wouldn't worry about the size difference between you and them. You will be the bride and everyone will be focusing on you. Choose a dress that you feel confident and beautiful in!

Ditto. Couldn't have said it better. You'll be absolutely radiant and more beautiful than any of them because it'll be YOUR day, NOT theirs!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the advice JerseyGrl81 and Winslet . I had considered ugly poofy dresses in bright royal blue (really!) but decided on little black dresses :)

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha ha!!! You are too funny! It is impossible for this to happen! You will be a beautiful, glowing bride and all eyes will be on you.

But, I can totally relate. My friends are quite beautiful and sometimes I''ve felt "not as" in comparison. But, I tell you what...I''m gonna knock their socks off on my wedding day!!! And, you should, too!!
9.gif

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
No one will care what everyone else looks like - you are the bride!

My sister and I are both 5''2" - I am a 0/2 she is a 12/14. Personally, I think she fills out dresses much better than me.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
You''ll look gorgeous. I am taller than you, but am a 14/16 right now
14.gif
and my bridesmaids were a 4, an 8, a 12/14, a postpartum 18, and a 22. The 4 is my sister in law and I was a little self conscious at first, but I felt gorgeous, looking at the pictures I don''t think I look like the "fat girl" and the thought didn''t cross my mind at all on the wedding day. (Plus she''s jealous of my curves
2.gif

As my one bridesmaid kept joking, "It''s your special day
9.gif
" just enjoy it.

You really will be the most beautiful women in the room.

FYI I just posted my wedding pics you can check them out for reference if you want
2.gif

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Rock of love and soontowed! ;-)

Bella_mezzo, you were gorgeous in your pictures! I <3 them! :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thanks pure lily!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
You''ll look gorgeous on your wedding day. Just find a dress that makes you feel fabulous. No one will be comparing you to your bridesmaids. My bridesmaids were both size 0''s (which I''ve never, ever even been close to), and I was so giddy on my wedding day, it didn''t even occur to me that I was at least 3+ sizes bigger than them.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 4:11:09 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81
Put them in ugly, proofy dresses and no one will know they are tiny! Just Kidding! I wouldn't worry about the size difference between you and them. You will be the bride and everyone will be focusing on you. Choose a dress that you feel confident and beautiful in!

Its so refreshing to see the trend of putting the bridesmaids in the most hideous dress/color the bride can find, in order to make them look bad and her look better, are over. More and more brides are respecting their bridesmaids and wanting them to look FAB! (Truth is, no matter what everyone else looks like, the bride will ALWAYS be the center of attention)

HOWEVER, JerseyGrl's (btw, I am a jersey girl too! lol) playful comment actually happened to me. My awful sister-in-law (brothers wife) who is definitely OVER a 14, put me (size 0) and sis (size 4) in these HIDEOUS lilac dresses, cut in such a way that we both looked about 6-8 months pregnant. Nice!
38.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was definitely bigger than all of my bridesmaids, and there were a few days when I was worried about looking horrible next to all of them. (I stood up in one wedding where all the other bridesmaids were size 2 or 0, and much shorter than I. I feared I would look like an Amazon warrior.)

But really, you''ll be glowing. I know I was.

Now, go worry about all the other details related to your wedding!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m shorter than you and the same size and my bridesmaids were all much thinner and taller than me and i still felt beautiful :) Im sure you will too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results