shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I washed my rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I took my ering and wband off to wash my hands when I got home from the market and I just slipped them in my shorts pocket. DH decided to do laundry and asked me if I have any other things I want to wash. Forgetting that my rings are in my shorts, I said "yeah wash my shorts". So they went in the washer and was in the dryer before I remembered that I have them in the pocket. When I realized, I freaked out and screamed "OH MY GOD, MY RINGS ARE IN MY POCKET!" DH got upset and I was so worried that something would happen to the rings. When I opened dryer door, I heard clinging sounds from the rings against the side of the dryer. I found them in the bottom of the dryer and good thing nothing happened to them. But I did noticed that the rings were super sparkly, even more sparkly than right after I clean them. I don''t think I will clean them like that again, but I was just so shocked by how sparkly they were.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank god they are ok. Phew!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
All''s well that ends well....but that''s definitely a 1 time thing.
2.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That was quite a scare!! I'm glad to hear it turned out alright!
1.gif
36.gif
I still would have your rings checked just to make sure nothing became loosened in the big bathtub!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 3:15:02 PM
Author:qtiekiki
I took my ering and wband off to wash my hands when I got home from the market and I just slipped them in my shorts pocket. DH decided to do laundry and asked me if I have any other things I want to wash. Forgetting that my rings are in my shorts, I said ''yeah wash my shorts''. So they went in the washer and was in the dryer before I remembered that I have them in the pocket. When I realized, I freaked out and screamed ''OH MY GOD, MY RINGS ARE IN MY POCKET!'' DH got upset and I was so worried that something would happen to the rings. When I opened dryer door, I heard clinging sounds from the rings against the side of the dryer. I found them in the bottom of the dryer and good thing nothing happened to them. But I did noticed that the rings were super sparkly, even more sparkly than right after I clean them. I don''t think I will clean them like that again, but I was just so shocked by how sparkly they were.
Ex idea
36.gif
yeah...we don''t need an US
31.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Is it bad if I say that story is pretty funny? Because, the point of the story in end seems to be that the ring was super sparkly. LOL. But I''m GLAD nothing bad happened to them. Don''t ever be that forgetful again!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
On that note, has anyone ever thought of putting your rings (securely of course) in the dishwasher with that jet dry stuff? Wonder what would happen?

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
ohhhh that is not a good thing. My bf owns several laundrymats. We usually have a few hysterical callers monthy who lose rings (and other jewelry). Lucky for them we are usually able to find and return them!!!

I am glad that you rings survived!

~Luvinlife

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, consider yourself lucky that nothing happened to the rings!!!!

And don''t do it again!
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry I''m with Cinderella and SD Lady I was cracking up as I read this...but only because no gems were harmed in the telling of this tale...washer and dryer = sparkly eh?...hmmm...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s not bad that you think it''s funny. I figure it would be to so extent, especially the way I ended it. I can laugh at myself for being so careless.
9.gif
I am just glad that the rings are ok.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
So glad everything came out ok and your rings were not damaged.

I had that happen to me one time but with stud earrings and a few other pieces.I had cleaned some jewelry the night before by the kitchen sink, I was also doing laundry
23.gif
.Goofy me! Well the next mornig Iwas getting ready for work and the last thing I do is put on my jewelry.My earrings were not there( always put my jewelry in the same place) and boy did I get sick thinking about the laundry.I remembered the cleaning, putting them in a towel to dry by the sink amd then gathering laundry to put on a wash amd hearing something hitting the floor and not thinking about it until NOW cause I knew what it was
38.gif
.WEll make a long story short...I found my(one) stud er in a sock in the dryer!When I looked in the washer and saw ALL THE HOLES I was sooo sick to my stomach!The other er was on the kitchen floor. I swept while crying and it took several sweepings but I did find it.Did not go to work till I found them. All turned out well, as I found all the othe pieces also.I said a little prayer thanking the good Lord for letting me find them.I am more careful now. I have dropped a few pieces down the bathroom sink....but have recovered them.
36.gif

Connie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I admit I too laughed out loud when you remarked how clean they were! But I''m really glad that was ALL that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results