shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, explosions near finish line of Boston Marathon :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line...so many injured. No one knows yet if it was a deliberate act or an accident and if anyone was killed. This is a nightmare. :blackeye: I feel like I'm reliving 9/11 again though it might not be that at all. Keeping everyone there in my thoughts and prayers.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds terrible :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: Thoughts & prayers with the people there.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear oh dear, I'm watching CNN now. ;(

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I have two friends running;( one we have heard about but the other no news. We are also waiting to hear from the wife of the runner who we know about. My friend was waiting at a restaurant at Copely plaza for her DH to finish the race:(
It is like 9-11 all over. The footage is crazy. It looks like the devices were almost set to blow the runners right off there feet. I heard lots of amputation injuries.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your friends are OK Elisa.
Sarah-I had the same reaction as you. I was speaking to my dh at work and I am sort of freaking out. My mind races to the worst case but that's because it's the world we live in now...I'm waiting to see what the conclusion is and what if anything happens next. I mean, 9/11 happened in a few different cities not at the same time so I am a nervous wreck right now. On one hand I want my dh to come home but OTOH I don't know if something's coming soon and I don't want him in harms way. And I keep thinking of all those poor people who were terribly injured at the Boston marathon and those that have/will lose their lives. Unspeakable. What a world indeed. :((

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1366056840|3427470 said:
AGBF|1366056518|3427464 said:

Oh my G-d!! I have no words. You can't send your kids to school, run a race or go to a mall without fearing for your life. What is our world coming too.... :nono: :nono:

Well, really, America is becoming more like the rest of the world, I guess. *shrug*

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
It's shocking and sad to see how people can turn something great into a tragedy :( How can these people live with themselves?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( My old HS friend is participating in the run. She posted on FB that she's okay. Apparently all the cell phone towers are shut down, and the city is being evacuated.

If you have loved ones participating, and want to see if they've been accounted for, check these sites:

http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

http://www.redcross.org/find-help/contact-family/register-safe-listing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNMcuD2Q0A6dGtDOVdwYmp2aUxoVnphck5VblNxRmc#gid=0

This last one is down due to "Too Many Requests", but hopefully it's back up soon.

;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I think they shut the cell towers due to fear it might cause activation of more devices if they exist.
I hope everyone's friends and loved ones are safe!!! ::)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I hear they put the bombs in the trash cans. We Brits are used to that because it was an IRA ploy for years, which is why there are no trash cans at London stations.

I live less than two miles away but am unhurt. I was due to be at the baseball at Fenway which finished at 2pm, and we would have been passing through Back Bay at 3 when the bombs went off. I might have got off the T because my gym is there. As it was, the baseball fell through (our friend with the season ticket had invited someone else) and we stayed home.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1366057081|3427472 said:
I have two friends running;( one we have heard about but the other no news. We are also waiting to hear from the wife of the runner who we know about. My friend was waiting at a restaurant at Copely plaza for her DH to finish the race:(
It is like 9-11 all over. The footage is crazy. It looks like the devices were almost set to blow the runners right off there feet. I heard lots of amputation injuries.

Elisa, I do hope your friend is all right. xxxxxx

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sick and angry about this.

My friend finished her run and cleared the area with her husband and their baby prior to the explosions, thank goodness. But there are so many others...

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ambulances just rushed past my flat with the sirens going.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( ;( ;( ;( so sad....

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My son works in Boston not too far from there. Thankfully, they got the day off today because of the marathon.

It is a new era where it is just not safe to be at crowded events anymore.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Heard from everyone. All safe but very very lucky! My friends sister was just feet away from the first explosion, she says her ears are still ringing. Thank God. I hope all who have friends and loved ones hear from them soon.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No... :(sad

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's awful news. It's so scary when anything like this happens. I hope they catch those involved.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Praying for Everyone, so so sad. My heart aches. ditto Bee, that I hope they catch all involved soon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Horrible, horrible, horrible... :cry:

Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Keeping everyone in the area in my thoughts and prayers. It's just so pointless and tragic...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8 year old girl dead... :(sad

SB621

Ideal_Rock
We know alot of bomb experts. They said the bombs were set off to not hurt the runners but were intended for the crowds.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hadn't heard about this until logging onto PS...the news is pretty much too ugliness that I don't even look at google news anymore. Anyway, I did check and saw that there are many who lost limbs. This is just too crazy horrific. People are so messed up to do such acts! :(sad

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sickening. :(( ;(

Prayers for everyone there.

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
This is truly horrible. I hope that as many people are as safe as possible and for those injured are taken care of as best as possible. It's really sickening what human beings can do to other people and put them in harms way deliberately. Having a job in the heart of DC, I always worry about things like this happening being in a high target city and taking mass transit and it's really unacceptable. I have them in my prayers and the families who have loved ones hurt or killed.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It really is sickening. I've been making sure that friends and coworkers who were there today are all okay. I was at work today, but work in the Financial District, not the Back Bay.

I was in DC during 9/11 and there is definitely the same uneasiness around the city. I find it surreal to see a street that is part of your daily life serve as a backdrop to such a tragedy.

Obviously my heart goes out to all of the victims. It's just beyond sad.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
This is just horrible, my heart and prayers go out to all the victims, families and friends.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results